Rob Ford thread

Zint

So, according to Gawker,com and major Canadian newspaper publication The Toronto Star, both claim to have viewed video of the Mayor of the 5th Largest City in North America smoking crack.

Many,many people are hoping this is finally the one moroinc act he won't be able to dodge the bullet on.

Big deal you say?...maybe. Research the guy, you might be amused.

To many Torontonians, (and bemused Canadians wondering how a seemingly-Trailer Park Boy landed in the Toronto Mayor's chair) it's a very big deal.

Personally, if it truly exists, I really hope this video reaches the public (and isn't bought back by Rob Ford's crack posse).

I would love to see this hateful, racist, homophobic, misogynistic piece of shit removed from public service.

(sorry if I've offended any supporters of "Ford Nation") :kiss:

http://gawker.com/for-sale-a-video-of-toronto-mayor-rob-ford-smoking-cra-507736569

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2013/05/16/toronto_mayor_rob_ford_in_crack_cocaine_video_scandal.html

Either way the guy is a douchebag, can't even talk coherently in public... EVER...

I never understood how the fuck he got in office and stayed in office, the guy is useless.

I agree with everything ya said Zint, I hope this time it's it for him....

btw I think I should donate a little here.

Edited by gunsguy

Um...Marion Berry had his little mishap, ran again, and won.

Yeah and?

Rob Ford is one continual mishap after another, month in and month out.

This guy wipes his ass with Marion Berry.

Yeah and?

I was responding to Randy saying a crack smoker can rise. He rose, fell, then rose again. I have read up on this guy, he sounds like a fucking retard. You know whatbelse he was? Elected.

Yeah and?

I was responding to Randy saying a crack smoker can rise. He rose, fell, then rose again. I have read up on this guy, he sounds like a fucking retard. You know whatbelse he was? Elected.

Keep reading, and you'll find out why.

@SecondCityTO 3h

Gawker has successfully raised $200,000 for Rob Ford #crackstarter video,making it best best-funded Canadian film in history.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/rob-ford-crackstarter

now they need to find the guys with the video lol, if not they will donate to charity.

UPDATE-- MAY 27, 2013, 9:46 AM EASTERN EDT: We have had no further contact with the people we believe to have custody of this video since the last update.

Edited by gunsguy

Ford's a goof no doubt, but the Toronto Star should get it's shit together before throwing out these unsubstantiated accusations and distracting the entire city with this crap.

Let's get this straight...this rag has had it in for Ford since the get-go, trying to bring him down for months. Then they have a chance to buy this video of him smoking crack and saying offensive things for $200k and they say, nah, I think we'll pass. Riiiiiiiiiiiigggghhhhtttt.

Now the video and its owner have conveniently disappeared.

By the way, have you heard about the kijiji ad that asked for a Rob Ford lookalike and offered to pay $200 to have him appear in a film? This was supposedly posted in late April.

At least I can say that Ford has some respect for where the money that Government gets to play with comes from. Unlike that piece of shit Kyle Rae, who threw a $12,000 retirement party for himself and billed taxpayers. To me stuff like this (and there is plenty of it) should piss people off more than Ford's stupid comments, of which granted there are many. Not sure he's really an evil guy as some make him out to be though. The man does plenty of good things, from helping people who call his office to working with youth in the city.

The onus now should be on those making the accusations to finally back them up, not on the accused to prove he isn't guilty (as if that is even provable). This whole thing has been a joke, at this point I am inclined to believe this is nothing more than bullshit by a group that is still butt hurt that their liberal favorites are no longer in charge and instead its a right winger who doesn't give a crap about offending anyone. Unless they can prove otherwise, which if they were responsible they would have done already.

Edited by KBear

Great post KBear. I'm from Toronto and I completely agree. I wasn't a Ford supporter initially but this witch hunt has gotten out of control. Pisses me off that certain groups can't stand losing elections. Disgracing democracy.

Ford's a goof no doubt, but the Toronto Star should get it's shit together before throwing out these unsubstantiated accusations and distracting the entire city with this crap.

Let's get this straight...this rag has had it in for Ford since the get-go, trying to bring him down for months. Then they have a chance to buy this video of him smoking crack and saying offensive things for $200k and they say, nah, I think we'll pass. Riiiiiiiiiiiigggghhhhtttt.

By the way, have you heard about the kijiji ad that asked for a Rob Ford lookalike and offered to pay $200 to have him appear in a film? This was supposedly posted in late April.

At least I can say that Ford has some respect for where the money that Government gets to play with comes from. Unlike that piece of shit Kyle Rae, who threw a $12,000 retirement party for himself and billed taxpayers. To me stuff like this (and there is plenty of it) should piss people off more than Ford's stupid comments, of which granted there are many. Not sure he's really an evil guy as some make him out to be though. The man does plenty of good things, from helping people who call his office to working with youth in the city.

The onus now should be on those making the accusations to finally back them up, not on the accused to prove he isn't guilty (as if that is even provable). This whole thing has been a joke, at this point I am inclined to believe this is nothing more than bullshit by a group that is still butt hurt that their liberal favorites are no longer in charge and instead its a right winger who doesn't give a crap about offending anyone. Unless they can prove otherwise, which if they were responsible they would have done already.

That is a very good read, although factually incorrect. The Toronto Star never broke this story but did however print it after the website did (gawker)

Having said that of course the Star should have had something to show for the talk, they jumped the gun after "seeing" something on a vid they did not have.

Yep, somehow, he got cuaght smoking crack and won again. At some point when I wasn't looking smoking crack turned in to "Not that big a deal." Not sure who made that ruling, but it is indeed fact now, I suppose..

Except how do you explain Ford having his picture taken with noted drug dealers (one of whom was killed several months ago - thus negating your comment about the kijiji ad)? Moreover, why has Ford never come out and explicitly stated that he has never done crack cocaine? He has chosen his words very carefully. It's interesting that he kept silent on the matter on the advice of his lawyer. Lawyers do not offer that advice to people who have nothing to hide.

And like Guns Guy stated, the Star was not the organization that broke the story. Gwaker did, and it's likely that the Star decided to run with their own experience with the video once the word was out. And The Star isn't TMZ, they, like every other reputable news organization, do not pay for stories. It would be venturing into tabloid journalism that would do far more harm to their brand than had they purchased the video.

Moreover, why should anyone ever believe anything Rob Ford has to say in his own defense. He's on record lying and covering up his past regarding numerous infractions. This isn't a guy who's known for telling the truth. If there were absolutely no truth to the rumors Ford would have a slam-dunk libel case. There's just too much smoke for there not to be fire. Is there indisputable proof right now? No, but there are so many issues with how the Mayor has handled and responded to this issue that it seems probable that he's covering up something. Notice today that more of his staff fled ship? Is'tn there an old saying about rats abandoning a sinking ship? Now that Ford is on record, I wouldn't be surprised if the video surfaces in the next week or two.

Except how do you explain Ford having his picture taken with noted drug dealers (one of whom was killed several months ago - thus negating your comment about the kijiji ad)? Moreover, why has Ford never come out and explicitly stated that he has never done crack cocaine? He has chosen his words very carefully. It's interesting that he kept silent on the matter on the advice of his lawyer. Lawyers do not offer that advice to people who have nothing to hide.

And like Guns Guy stated, the Star was not the organization that broke the story. Gwaker did, and it's likely that the Star decided to run with their own experience with the video once the word was out. And The Star isn't TMZ, they, like every other reputable news organization, do not pay for stories. It would be venturing into tabloid journalism that would do far more harm to their brand than had they purchased the video.

Moreover, why should anyone ever believe anything Rob Ford has to say in his own defense. He's on record lying and covering up his past regarding numerous infractions. This isn't a guy who's known for telling the truth. If there were absolutely no truth to the rumors Ford would have a slam-dunk libel case. There's just too much smoke for there not to be fire. Is there indisputable proof right now? No, but there are so many issues with how the Mayor has handled and responded to this issue that it seems probable that he's covering up something. Notice today that more of his staff fled ship? Is'tn there an old saying about rats abandoning a sinking ship? Now that Ford is on record, I wouldn't be surprised if the video surfaces in the next week or two.

- who's word are we taking that Ford's picture was snapped with noted drug dealers many months ago?

- agreed that he hasn't denied ever using crack. A quick and firm denial would have been best. We aren't privy to what he and his lawyers discuss however, and it may have been Ford himself who opted not to discuss the matter. Finally, because he did not state unequivocably that he never used crack before is not an admission that he has.

- Ford may still sue for libel.

I get your feelings of where there is smoke there is fire...look, would I be shocked if this turns out to be true? No. But whle many have already convicted the guy because they hate him, to me the onus is on his accusers and they have to prove their claims are true. There are many who hate Ford and have been after him from the start...what is true and what isn't is hard to say. Where there is smoke there is fire, okay...but I think it's safe to say that some of what is said is also embellished and exaggerated to make him look as bad as possible while also not telling an outright lie.

If this video never surfaces then where does this story go?

Apparently it's not about the video anymore but rather how the situation was handled. Sounds like a sabotage to me... I hope Ford runs for election when the time comes because I think he will win again. The "hipsters" won't take that loss kindly either ...

Edited by Coma16

- who's word are we taking that Ford's picture was snapped with noted drug dealers many months ago?

- agreed that he hasn't denied ever using crack. A quick and firm denial would have been best. We aren't privy to what he and his lawyers discuss however, and it may have been Ford himself who opted not to discuss the matter. Finally, because he did not state unequivocably that he never used crack before is not an admission that he has.

- Ford may still sue for libel.

I get your feelings of where there is smoke there is fire...look, would I be shocked if this turns out to be true? No. But whle many have already convicted the guy because they hate him, to me the onus is on his accusers and they have to prove their claims are true. There are many who hate Ford and have been after him from the start...what is true and what isn't is hard to say. Where there is smoke there is fire, okay...but I think it's safe to say that some of what is said is also embellished and exaggerated to make him look as bad as possible while also not telling an outright lie.

If this video never surfaces then where does this story go?

To address your first point:

8439970.jpg

Guy on the left is Anthony Smith - gunned down a couple of months ago and a noted drug dealer. Since Smith was killed a few months ago, obviously this picture must have been taken beforehand (unless Ford is acting out some sort of weird Weekend At Bernie's scenario). This is being widely reported by all news organizations and has not been disputed by anyone.

Either one of these two situations are true:

i) the Mayor has used crack cocaine, the act was caught on tape, and he is lying about it and/or trying to cover it up;

ii) three reporters are falsely accusing the Mayor of something they know isn't true.

Now, let's remember that one reporter has nothing to do with the other two; that he has no personal motivation or previous altercations with a person who runs a city in a country that he's not a citizen to. Also, both accounts of the video (Gawker and The Toronto Star) collaborate each other. Please tell me what you think is the more likely scenario?

Add in Ford's strange behavior, his personal staff falling apart, and his unwillingness to unequivocally deny that he's never used crack cocaine.

Hell, even Ford's Deputy Mayor, Doug Holyday, thinks the video exists...

Apparently it's not about the video anymore but rather how the situation was handled. Sounds like a sabotage to me... I hope Ford runs for election when the time comes because I think he will win again. The "hipsters" won't take that loss kindly either ...

It's both. One has compounded the other. Look, there's several things that Ford has done as mayor that I actually like. When it comes to municipal politics I lean conservative (provincially and federally I'm more liberal). But this guy has been one disaster after another. He's already been tossed from his job. Toronto has a budget of $8 billion dollars and has a reputation that deserves protecting. This is not the guy who should be anywhere near the Mayor's office. He was an alright and colorful council man, but a disaster as mayor. Hoping that he wins re-election just to piss off "hipsters" is dumb. This city deserves someone who can actually run the city without tripping over himself every two weeks.