Mike Tyson

Coma16

Downer is lucky Tyson didn't snap and KO him. The question and comment was off topic and not what Tyson was there to promote. Plus the rape conviction was over 20 years ago and Tyson has done his time and has done a lot to give back to society since. I'm not condoning rape at all and you don't get to erase that just because you do some good work but the question was out of line. Most people don't think of Mike Tyson as a rapist so to blatantly say on live tv "You're a convicted rapist" and remind the world was a low blow for no reason. It had ZERO relevance to anything. I would've been pissed off too. Tyson didn't handle it the best but what do you expect. He's Mike Tyson. Not exactly know for his etiquette. I don't blame him here though.

Most people don't think of Mike Tyson as a rapist

That is a problem though, he's in The Hangover and people think of him as some hilarious person when he's a convicted criminal. He's assaulted people outside of the ring and is a rapist, he doesn't deserve to have a career just because he can say sorry and smile for a camera.

Bringing it up in this particular interview may have been unprofessional etc, but I have less of a problem with that than Mike Tyson being celebrated.

Most people don't think of Mike Tyson as a rapist

That is a problem though, he's in The Hangover and people think of him as some hilarious person when he's a convicted criminal. He's assaulted people outside of the ring and is a rapist, he doesn't deserve to have a career just because he can say sorry and smile for a camera.

Bringing it up in this particular interview may have been unprofessional etc, but I have less of a problem with that than Mike Tyson being celebrated.

Mike Tyson's rape conviction was a bunch of he said, she said back when he was king of the world surrounded by leaches and people who didn't have his best interest in mind and people more than willing to take advantage of him. This woman could have been no different. Was he a saint? Absolutely not but that was 22 years ago. Has Tyson ever admitted to committing that rape? I'm not saying he didn't but given the circumstances and lack of any evidence other than what she said it's hard to say really.

The fact remains that topic had nothing to do with anything at this point and Tyson was there to promote something else not stand trial for something that took place 22 years ago. The interviewer was way out of line and he's lucky he didn't get knocked the fuck out really.

Edited by Bono

Convicted and guilty ain't the same thing. Mike Tyson is innocent as fuck in that rape case, it's as clear as day. I have lots of reasons for thinking this and none of them i suppose is that fuckin' conclusive as a case in his defence but look at the reality, some bird goes up to his room at 3am, I'm not being funny but what the fuck girl goes up to a blokes hotel room in the wee hours not thinking 'i'm on for a bit here'. Again, on it's own not really damning. They found her drawers in the fuckin' bathroom bin, again, not damning evidence. What is slightly damning is the fact that there was evidence in this case of her accusing other lads around her town of this shit back in Indianapolis, evidence that was, oddly enough, withheld.

Mike Tyson is a fuckin' wrong un, he'd be the first to admit that, this geezer used to fuckin' rob grannys when he was 13, he admitted to this shit, following grannys into elevators under the guise of helping em with their shopping, bashing em in the head and robbing their fuckin' pocketbooks. Point being, he's not afraid to admit it when he's done something bad...or seriously fucking bad. Yet this he's denied. Throughout the case, all afterwards and to this fuckin' day. Mike Tyson is a lot of things...and some of them quite bad...but a rapist? Not that night, i don't think.

And then some shitbag on a fuckin' telly show starts giving him the fuckin' needle, he's lucky that ain't Mike from the fuckin' TNT Tubbs era, he would've put his fuckin' lights out. Mikes problem is he doesn't help himself with comments like 'no i didn't fuck that bitch, i didn't rape her but i wish i did now, i wish i raped her and her momma!'.

Also, the case was something of a pisstake, Don King gets this fuckin' moron of an attourney Vincent Fuller, this guy whoose racket is corporate law, he stands up, Mike in the dock, big Mike, old Mike, in training Mike, bulging out of his fuckin' suit, gold teeth, cold staring old school Mike and this is his line of defence, get on this 'Mikes like that with everybody, she shoulda known better!', i mean WHAT...THE...FUCK kinda defence is that?!?! And Mike, again, doesn't help himself, snickering when they make comments about him being a big beast and a knockout artist and a man thats paid to hurt people, i mean imagine you're part of the 12 person jury consisting of James Garner and The Golden Girls, what the fuck are you gonna think, this big fuckin' black monster, even if you didn't think he was guilty you'd want him fuckin' put inside.

Mike got fuckin' rail-roaded and he was too fuckin' dizzy to know it, so they send him to jail, millions upon millions in the bank, send fuckin' Larry King in there to ask him stupid questions every few months like 'so uh, Mike, whats it like in prison?' It's like Butlins y'fuckin' plank, what do you think it's like, it's prison! Is it any wonder that he gets the hump about this shit? I know I would. Getting sent down like that was one of the singlemost damaging things that happened to Mike and it really explains a lot of his behaviour afterwards, it's that old thing man, when you can't beat em in the ring you take em in court, they done it to Jack Johnson, they done it to Muhammad Ali and they done it to Mike. Shame.

• Like 3

Mike Tyson's rape conviction was a bunch of he said, she said back when he was king of the world surrounded by leaches and people who didn't have his best interest in mind and people more than willing to take advantage of him. This woman could have been no different. Was he a saint? Absolutely not but that was 22 years ago. Has Tyson ever admitted to committing that rape? I'm not saying he didn't but given the circumstances and lack of any evidence other than what she said it's hard to say really.

The fact remains that topic had nothing to do with anything at this point and Tyson was there to promote something else not stand trial for something that took place 22 years ago. The interviewer was way out of line and he's lucky he didn't get knocked the fuck out really.

The fact that it was 21 years ago changes things? I think not.

Actually, looking at the situation I think it was called for. Mike is endorsing a politician, in politics, peoples pasts get brought up all the time. Especially when it's something shady or criminal to be found. Mike's conviction for raping someone is the type of thing that would be brought up for anyone else saying "vote for this guy".

I'm not talking about him making youthful mistakes either, he was a fully-grown adult with a mind of his own who chose to violate another human being.

Convicted and guilty ain't the same thing. Mike Tyson is innocent as fuck in that rape case, it's as clear as day. I have lots of reasons for thinking this and none of them i suppose is that fuckin' conclusive as a case in his defence but look at the reality, some bird goes up to his room at 3am, I'm not being funny but what the fuck girl goes up to a blokes hotel room in the wee hours not thinking 'i'm on for a bit here'.

So she asked for it? Him violating her is all her fault? Nice victim blaming there.

I suppose it's the same when a woman wears a short skirt or low-cut top, their actions and clothes negate their actual words, right?

Edited by ***Flawless

The fact that it was 21 years ago changes things? I think not.

Actually, looking at the situation I think it was called for. Mike is endorsing a politician, in politics, peoples pasts get brought up all the time. Especially when it's something shady or criminal to be found. Mike's conviction for raping someone is the type of thing that would be brought up for anyone else saying "vote for this guy".

I'm not talking about him making youthful mistakes either, he was a fully-grown adult with a mind of his own who chose to violate another human being.

Yeah but Mike aint in politics, Ford is, its not like Mikes running for office, it was a cheap shot and, yknow, everyone aint Paris Hilton to run off set, some people'll give you what you asked for right back.

So she asked for it? Him violating her is all her fault? Nice victim blaming there.

I suppose it's the same when a woman wears a short skirt or low-cut top, their actions and clothes negate their actual words, right?

Yeah but i said none of that was conclusive or damning evidence but what was a slightly stronger indication was that she had a history of this shit, thats not victim blaming at all, is it?

Edited by Lennie Godber

Yeah but Mike aint in politics, Ford is, its not like Mikes running for office, it was a cheap shot and, yknow, everyone aint Paris Hilton to run off set, some people'll give you what you asked for right back.

But he's endorsing Ford. It's the same reason charities turned down the Reddit donations (that stemmed from the nude-pictures situation), if they're willing to work with or accept help from something as gross as that, what does it say about them?

What does it say about Ford and his campaign that he's working with a convicted rapist? Completely reasonable in the field of politics.

But he's endorsing Ford. It's the same reason charities turned down the Reddit donations (that stemmed from the nude-pictures situation), if they're willing to work with or accept help from something as gross as that, what does it say about them?

What does it say about Ford and his campaign that he's working with a convicted rapist? Completely reasonable in the field of politics.

Perhaps Mr Ford doesn't think that he is guilty. I mean lots of people are found to be innocent after the fact by the same courts of law that mistakenly convict them, they go on to do socio-political type work, people like Gerry Conlon etc. Anyway, you know as well as i do that this is Mike just doing the rounds, he's in Canada and he's shaking a few hands, thats the extent of it, no one sees this as Mike throwing his hat into the Canadian political arena.

He's lucky Iron Mike didn't do a McNeeley on him

tumblr_m9p6otm4ey1r8dq6ho1_500.gif

I rate McNeeley y'know, bless him, least he fuckin' went for it, better than Bruce Seldon :lol:

The guy sure showed some guts no matter how short it went, he went apeshit from the opening if I remember and chased after Tyson after the first knockdown lol.

Perhaps Mr Ford doesn't think that he is guilty. I mean lots of people are found to be innocent after the fact by the same courts of law that mistakenly convict them, they go on to do socio-political type work, people like Gerry Conlon etc. Anyway, you know as well as i do that this is Mike just doing the rounds, he's in Canada and he's shaking a few hands, thats the extent of it, no one sees this as Mike throwing his hat into the Canadian political arena.

Mr. Ford's personal opinions don't count when it comes to his campaign, and his endorsements are a part of keeping good PR. Whether or not you want to believe Tyson is guilty is irrelevant, as he is convicted of that crime and that reflects on Ford's campaign.

Anyone publicly endorsing Ford will have the same treatment of their past being dug into, it just so happens that Tyson is one of those people.