Mike Tyson

Coma16

Mr. Ford's personal opinions don't count when it comes to his campaign, and his endorsements are a part of keeping good PR.

Right welll then give Mr Ford the needle about it.

Whether or not you want to believe Tyson is guilty is irrelevant, as he is convicted of that crime and that reflects on Ford's campaign.

But it's not though because a very wide cross section of people believe Mike to've been innocent in that instance and this is reflected in the fact that so many people accept him in the way they do, in the public eye...and this is why so many people agree that this interviewer was behaving unreasonably.

Anyone publicly endorsing Ford will have the same treatment of their past being dug into, it just so happens that Tyson is one of those people.

From where i was sitting in looked to me that it was the interviewer getting the treatment, not Mike and y'know they should've stuck it out a bit, i think it might've got a bit interesting if the ball had rolled a little further :lol:

I don't care if some people think he's innocent, he is convicted of that crime. So many people defend him because as long as you go to prison, that's apparently enough. Never mind the victim who has to see his face if she turns on a TV or whatever else, he went to jail for a couple of years and is completely reformed!

People are saying the interviewer is acting unreasonably because it's Mike, and he should never have to be reminded of the fact that he raped someone because he paid for it (apparently.)

You would think Rob Ford, the man who did crack and beat his wife, would be more careful about who he associates with during his campaign because he's got enough troubles without that.

• Like 2

I don't care if some people think he's innocent, he is convicted of that crime.

Right, so you don't care if people think he's innocent because he is convicted and that, to you, has a greater weight than a potentially contrary truth? Well that says a lot, to be honest.

So many people defend him because as long as you go to prison, that's apparently enough.

So now you know why people defend him? Ignoring all the actual pertinent points i bought up about the case, a case which, so far, you've demonstrated zero knowledge about the specifics of...but you've made your mind up anyway? Again, this is kinda reflective of a degree of prejudice on your part.

Never mind the victim who has to see his face if she turns on a TV or whatever else, he went to jail for a couple of years and is completely reformed!

How about the wrongly convicted man that has to explain to his daughter why people say his Daddy raped some girl? How about doing 3 years inside surrounded by murderers and cutthroat, people calling you a tree jumper and all of this shit? How about having to explain yourself over and over and over and over again on national TV? Seriously, consider this shit for a moment, maybe he was innocent? Why do you believe, without any knowledge of the case demonstrated so far with such certainty that he is guilty?

How about being Mike Tyson and, in being so, being effectively guilty before you even step in a courtroom because of what you do for a living and who you are and where you come from?

Quite frankly your prejudice here showed right off the bat where you immediately leapt on my daring to mention certain incidental circumstantial aspects of the case as 'OH SO THAT MAKES HER GUILTY DOES IT?!?!', having totally ignored the fact that i had clearly stated that those things in and of themselves were not conclusive...but then ignored the aspects that i said were conclusive? I mean if you're so sure of the mans guilt why be so selective in your response to my post?

How about the fact that she had a history of it and this evidence was withheld, why did you not mention that? Look it up cuz the shit is fact. You're making a really really concrete judgement about a person and a case that you appear to not know a great deal about and really it's indicative of EXACTLY the problem that i was pointing out, that he is guilty to people by default, based on who he is, THATS the real reason so many people just totally ignore any and every indicator of Mikes innocence, because it suits people, a lot of different types of people, to think that way. It suits their world view that the big bad boxer from the gutter is a big fuckin' beast and a rapist and the poor little waif like girls life was shattered but unfortunately for people of that opinion, here in the real world, anyone can be a cunt, whether they be heavyweight champion of the world of a contestant in Miss Black Teen America and i really think it would benefit you to reserve judgement about this kinda thing until you've looked into it a little.

Tell me, do you even know the girls name...cuz you haven't mentioned it so far, not that you're obliged to or anything. Its funny also how you are willing to accept the letter of the law on the one hand that states that when a mans convicted he is guilty, full stop but then not accept the same standards of law that say that when a man has served his sentence he has served his debt to society, kind of a double standard there if you don't mind my saying.

Edited by Lennie Godber

First of all, it was relevant to something..current political events in Toronto. The pending election for mayor in Toronto is in full campaign mode and it just so happens to involve perhaps the most notorious mayor on the planet at the moment and everything surrounding it is under a microscope.

The Ford bros had no qualms using the photo op in a cheap attempt to further bolster their sagging position in the polls.

Tyson blindly blurted out that Ford is the best mayor Toronto has ever had (which is so fucking ridiculous it's just numbing to even ponder the possibility of that as being factual, in any way).

If he was "merely in town to promote his one man show" then what was he doing at the Rob Ford circus?

Stick to promoting your one man show.

If someone of major celebrity status is going to tapdance over to Rob's office and endorse him for mayor, you have just entered the political arena of local politics and the frenzy surrounding this particular one, given Robbie's deplorable notoriety while holding the keys to a major metropolitan city.

If one is willing to endorse a man with the track record Rob has been publicly and admittedly busted for, and so much more lurking in the shadows, then you should be willing to answer some questions.

Which leads to that interview...the front cover of the Toronto Sun had a picture of Mike with a massively beaming Rob Ford and an article saying he endorses Rob Ford. So that little stunt is supposed to be overlooked...on a local live news channel..when that event is all that was being talked about in the city and surrounding area and on the internet in regards to events surrounding Rob Ford and the pending election.

Just...forget that Mike just endorsed him for mayor and only talk about his one man show?

Forget...the he just proclaimed him the greatest mayor Toronto ever had, and talk about his one man show?

Or..do you call his bluff and ask, if you think he's the greatest mayor this city ever had and you hope he wins the election, do you think it might not have been the smartest move, as a convicted rapist, to potentially damage his campaign by putting yourself in the spotlight with him...considering, you know, people were obviously going to call you out on that?

It was a valid question, and it took a lot of guts to ask it, and given the circumstances and people involved, it needed to be and deserved to be asked.

What would have really been unacceptable would be to let it all slide and be intimidated in to not asking it.

Given the fact that he was unwilling (or incapable) of pondering the question and forming a reasonably thought out answer, and given the way Tyson chose to conduct himself instaed on live television in response, I can see why he would endorse a man of questionable morals and beliefs such as Rob Ford.

And hey!!...Lenny's back!! :headbang: Cheers you little fucker! :hug::bitchfight:

• Like 4

Cee Lo did no time for an incident that he admitted to happening, everything was reduced. and I'm sure he spent a lot on lawyers. Tyson did 3 years for something that had reasonable doubt and an incompetent attorney representing him.

A lot of celebs who aren't registered to vote or citizens from other countries still contribute to a friend's campaign.

First of all, it was relevant to something..current political events in Toronto. The pending election for mayor in Toronto is in full campaign mode and it just so happens to involve perhaps the most notorious mayor on the planet at the moment and everything surrounding it is under a microscope.

The Ford bros had no qualms using the photo op in a cheap attempt to further bolster their sagging position in the polls.

Tyson blindly blurted out that Ford is the best mayor Toronto has ever had (which is so fucking ridiculous it's just numbing to even ponder the possibility of that as being factual, in any way).

If he was "merely in town to promote his one man show" then what was he doing at the Rob Ford circus?

Stick to promoting your one man show.

If someone of major celebrity status is going to tapdance over to Rob's office and endorse him for mayor, you have just entered the political arena of local politics and the frenzy surrounding this particular one, given Robbie's deplorable notoriety while holding the keys to a major metropolitan city.

If one is willing to endorse a man with the track record Rob has been publicly and admittedly busted for, and so much more lurking in the shadows, then you should be willing to answer some questions.

Which leads to that interview...the front cover of the Toronto Sun had a picture of Mike with a massively beaming Rob Ford and an article saying he endorses Rob Ford. So that little stunt is supposed to be overlooked...on a local live news channel..when that event is all that was being talked about in the city and surrounding area and on the internet in regards to events surrounding Rob Ford and the pending election.

Just...forget that Mike just endorsed him for mayor and only talk about his one man show?

Forget...the he just proclaimed him the greatest mayor Toronto ever had, and talk about his one man show?

Or..do you call his bluff and ask, if you think he's the greatest mayor this city ever had and you hope he wins the election, do you think it might not have been the smartest move, as a convicted rapist, to potentially damage his campaign by putting yourself in the spotlight with him...considering, you know, people were obviously going to call you out on that?

It was a valid question, and it took a lot of guts to ask it, and given the circumstances and people involved, it needed to be and deserved to be asked.

What would have really been unacceptable would be to let it all slide and be intimidated in to not asking it.

Given the fact that he was unwilling (or incapable) of pondering the question and forming a reasonably thought out answer, and given the way Tyson chose to conduct himself instaed on live television in response, I can see why he would endorse a man of questionable morals and beliefs such as Rob Ford.

And hey!!...Lenny's back!! :headbang: Cheers you little fucker! :hug::bitchfight:

Thing is though, and this is sort of my point, an endorsement from Mike Tyson is kinda like an endorsement from Flava Flav (who i love too by the way!), it's like...a piss take basically :lol: It ain't some serious political guy whoose endorsement is gonna do the fuckin' candidate any good in any sense...and thats rape conviction aside. It's just Mike, doing the rounds, saying some offhand shit, kinda like when artists come to town and wear your jersey, don't grill him about it, it's clear he knows next to fuck all about Canadian politics, he was there is all good humour and just like...y'know, handing out platitudes, somewhat inflated though they were. There's really no point in asking that question, it's just asking for a slap, it's not like people were rushing out to vote for this guy now cuz Mike Tyson said he's A-OK.

One thing i will say though, he's kinda touchy about certain things that he's made a handsome living publicising of late, not really the best way to be when you're kinda propagating and earning off of it. Like his autobiography, huge fuckin' bestseller...but you know a massive chunk of the people who bought it probably don't even like it and just bought it to read stories of snorting coke on private jets while having prozzies lick his arse out for him...yet when its kinda picked up on in interviews he's seems kinda reticent to go into it, which seems a little incongruous. He flipped a little while before at another interviewer for bringing up certain things over here too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQUtuc0TUdw

Mikes a very strange case though. Mike was raised to be a killer, Mike was indoctrinated by Cus D'amato from a very young age to believe that he was a superior human being, having been an emotionally disturbed street kid...then blown up...then adored by the world for being that brutal savage...and then shot down for those very same things. Weird. And i really do mean indoctrinated, Tyson was a borderline illiterate street kid whoose trainer used to sit him down at age 14 and explain to him about Nietschze and superman theory and how he was the embodiment of that and it's like, OK, thats the wrooooooong fuckin' persons head to be filling with that shit :lol:

Tyson is hated for the exact same things he is loved for.

• Like 1

Didn't Mike admit that he beat up his wife - Robin Givens?

A trained professional boxer smacking around his 110 pound wife......Ray Rice hits his wife and he is banned from the NFL.

Len, I get your point. And honestly NONE of us know if Mike was guilty or innocent in that case. All anybody on this board can do is speculate. But he had a trial and he was found guilty.

The man who was raised to knock-out people, who bit a guy's ear off in the ring, who threatened to kill another man's family and eat his children, who made a living by hurting people, who admitted to hitting his wife.........if you take your personal bias of him as a boxer away and just look at the entire picture, it isn't a stretch to think that the court system got it correct.

With that said - welcome back. The entire forum has missed you. I hope you'll post in the Thomas Meadows thread.

A trained professional boxer smacking around his 110 pound wife......Ray Rice hits his wife and he is banned from the NFL.

Len, I get your point. And honestly NONE of us know if Mike was guilty or innocent in that case. All anybody on this board can do is speculate. But he had a trial and he was found guilty.

The man who was raised to knock-out people, who bit a guy's ear off in the ring, who threatened to kill another man's family and eat his children, who made a living by hurting people, who admitted to hitting his wife.........if you take your personal bias of him as a boxer away and just look at the entire picture, it isn't a stretch to think that the court system got it correct.

With that said - welcome back. The entire forum has missed you. I hope you'll post in the Thomas Meadows thread.

Nothing you've said here is contrary to what i was saying though man, we're saying more or less the same thing.

Nothing you've said here is contrary to what i was saying though man, we're saying more or less the same thing.
Since you're the clone Lenny, when is the real Lenny going to come back to challenge you for his title? You can lose and go into hiding for years only to come back and have it revealed that you were the real Lenny all along, until the forum revolts and history gets re-written so that you're the clone again. It worked for Spider-Man, so it should play out flawlessly here

When Robin Givens married Mike Tyson it seemed to everyone at the time, except Mike, that she was marrying him for his money. Robin and her mother came across as conniving gold diggers. Even Eddie Murphy spoke out publicly saying he shouldn't marry her. She claimed he hit her but he was the one getting wheeled off in an ambulance for trying to kill himself. There was none of the Rhianna (actual physical violence) happening with her. She stayed with him long enough for a payout. She and her mother appeared to have planned it from day one.

When the woman accused him of rape, well she had accused others of the same. She willingly went up to his hotel room alone after he invited her. She knew why he invited her then she cries rape after some time. She went with the intent of having sex with him. That's why he invited her. He invited her up for sex and she went. She was a gold digger as well. Her intent was extortion. That didn't play out so well for her. Mike got ripped off by his lawyers. He had awful lawyers. They were not criminal attorney's.

You cannot assume someone is guilty just because they are convicted and sent to jail. People are exonerated from death row sometimes. Mike Tyson was shafted. They didn't care about his innocence or guilt, they cared about their billable hours. He has been a meal ticket for people throughout his entire life.

• Like 1

I love that, her and her Mum set about robbing this bastard, lie about miscarriages, divorce and do the fucker out of shitloads of money...but if he's belted her one at any point that totally absolves all that and everyone forgets that and it's like 'ooooh, belted her one', well hold on a second here, she tried to ruin his fuckin' life. If i belt you one in the mouth it's gonna feel better in 5 minutes, what do you call manipulating a 20 year old kid with mental issues into a marriage, lying to him about his babies dying then trying to rob the bastard?

On a side note, was watching the second Tyson vs Bruno fight last night, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck me that boy was fearsome back then, walking to the ring, 40 or so Fruit of Islam motherfuckers around him shouting 'ALLAH U AKBAR! ALLAH U AKBAR!' and GUERILLA WARFARE!', thats eerie fuckin' enterance shit he had playing thats like the sound of a heartbeat, Mike looked lethal. I remember an old interview with Nigel Benn and he's like i was all geed up to do the walk with Bruno and we got in there and Tyson is facing us and all them muslim guys shouting and making throat slitting moments...it was at that point i turned to Bruno and went 'you're on your own mate!' :lol:

I must've watched that knockout like 40 times the morning after :)

'and death rode with him' Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah Mike!

Edited by Lennie Godber
  • Like 1

Still doesn't make it right Len. He was a heavyweight boxer, he should have known better.

I love Mike Tyson, I used to get up at night to see him fight. Those nights are in my memory forever.

But that doesn't make me blind, he wasn't a saint himself.

• Like 1