Mike Tyson

Coma16

It doesn't make it right, no, not at all, I was just highlighting how, in that particular exchange, on face value it appear that the greater sin was being absolved. Then again this is presuming that we're talking about a slap or something but we're not, I've read Robins testimony of some of the shit he did, it was not nice. How much of it you believe is up to the observer, personally i don't feel qualified to pass judgement one way or the other but it wouldn't suprise me in the least if most of it was true.

To be clear, Mikes a very very bad person, I've always maintained this. 'Angelic scum' i think he called it.

Edited by Lennie Godber
  • Like 1

In those days he was so loved and really nobody wanted to hear anything bad about him. That has always annoyed me. People acting like he was an innocent little boy with a low IQ and a good heart. Non of that was true and he admitted that as well later on. That image was created and in those days, people worked hard to keep that image alive.

• Like 1

To be fair Mike never denied being a wrong un. There was a lot of that 'Free Mike Tyson' t shirt bandwagon stuff but at the same time he was kinda getting it from all other angles. Once he lost all those Pepsi and Nintendo sponsorships, which was pretty early on, the shine was well off him. I mean the guy was never like...nice, as such. In interviews talking about how he was gonna make Razor Ruddock his girlfriend or saying after the Tyrell Biggs fight that he was trying to break his nose and ram it into his brain, that whole facade was only ever really a thin veil although in support of your point it was all a lot of people needed, that thin veil.

• Like 2

He was portrayed as the bad boy with a good heart and low IQ. He could basicly say or do everything in those days. We all loved him and wanted to believe his created image. I mean when he said those stuff before a fight, it didn't harm that image at all. (By the way he was hilarious :lol: ).

But you are right, he lost that image along the way. But when he was winning everything, he basicly could do no wrong.

• Like 1

It doesn't make it right, no, not at all, I was just highlighting how, in that particular exchange, on face value it appear that the greater sin was being absolved.

Depends on what one classes as a greater sin. Considering his size and strength, especially in comparison to hers, he could've easily killed her. She may have been deceptive or whatever else people want to claim, but he was the one committing a violent crime. In my mind, that is the greater sin.

• Like 1

It doesn't make it right, no, not at all, I was just highlighting how, in that particular exchange, on face value it appear that the greater sin was being absolved.

Depends on what one classes as a greater sin. Considering his size and strength, especially in comparison to hers, he could've easily killed her. She may have been deceptive or whatever else people want to claim, but he was the one committing a violent crime. In my mind, that is the greater sin.

Right, so the greater sin is a hypothetical scenario in which Robin Given died? But that didn't happen? I think thats bollocks personally but each to their own. So she can rob Mike Tyson, this borderline illiterate street kid who made his fortune through sheer hard work, leave him probably needing to fight fights to keep his shit afloat, violent boxing matches against men looking to take his head off, you can lie to someone about their having a child and then lie further about that child dying, all this is the lesser sin when compared to...a beating basically? And all this whilst knowing that Mike ain't the full shilling upstairs i.e. he had mental issues.

Deceptive, no no, hang on, lets not sugar-coat this, i certainly didn't with Tysons infractions, call it what it is, she tried to fuck the guy up in about every way that you can think of, financially, emotionally, mentally....and all this means nothing the moment one person hits the other? Well I'm sorry but thats bollocks, I would gladly take the pain of 50 beatings than to have someone look me in the eye and tell me the child i was about to have is dead.

And it's not like Mike laid into her or something because if he didn't we'd be talking about murder here. Now cue the 'oh so that makes it OK if he didn't lay into her, you NEVER hit a woman' etc etc blah blah blah, all of which is valid but we're discussing degrees of sin here.

As an aside though, i don't even think Robin was like that, i think she was on the level and really loved him but we were working with a widely accepted notion here so that formed the basis of this little back and forth but i think Robin was on the level, i don't think her mother Ruth or Bill Cayton or Don King were...but i do think Robin was, i dunno, it's difficult, i feel slightly ridiculous talking about the intimate details of the lives of folks i don't even know.

And furthermore, working with this Robin the she-devil thing, if she was SOOOO put upon, so sinned against, so fuckin' brow-beaten to where she couldn't live with this bastard to the point of needing to divorce him and take all his fuckin' money why the fuck was she still fuckin' him while all this shit was going on? :lol: Mikes the biggest mug of them all for still seeing here, divorce in the offing, she's about to take him for what he's worth and this idiots showing up at her house looking to get a bit, fuckssake Mike..

Edited by Lennie Godber
  • Like 1

Cobblers!

I love that, her and her Mum set about robbing this bastard, lie about miscarriages, divorce and do the fucker out of shitloads of money...but if he's belted her one at any point that totally absolves all that and everyone forgets that and it's like 'ooooh, belted her one', well hold on a second here, she tried to ruin his fuckin' life. If i belt you one in the mouth it's gonna feel better in 5 minutes, what do you call manipulating a 20 year old kid with mental issues into a marriage, lying to him about his babies dying then trying to rob the bastard?

On a side note, was watching the second Tyson vs Bruno fight last night, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck me that boy was fearsome back then, walking to the ring, 40 or so Fruit of Islam motherfuckers around him shouting 'ALLAH U AKBAR! ALLAH U AKBAR!' and GUERILLA WARFARE!', thats eerie fuckin' enterance shit he had playing thats like the sound of a heartbeat, Mike looked lethal. I remember an old interview with Nigel Benn and he's like i was all geed up to do the walk with Bruno and we got in there and Tyson is facing us and all them muslim guys shouting and making throat slitting moments...it was at that point i turned to Bruno and went 'you're on your own mate!' :lol:

I must've watched that knockout like 40 times the morning after :)

'and death rode with him' Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah Mike!

Yes, she and her mother were bad people, very bad people. I didn't know he hit her though. That's wrong. She did set out to get him for his money in the first place though, she and her mother. He should have never hit her though.

What do you say to Mike Tyson after losing use of his arms and legs?

I don't know, I'll bite (pun intended!) what?