9/11

WFA

I seriously believe it was an inside job.

Same here, too many smoking guns (building 7, the military drill confusion and stand down, the controlled demolition collapses of the 3 buildings, the pentagon, ...).

Though on this day I feel it's best to remember those who've died. I visited New York the year after and the feeling of solidarity and community was heartfelt.

I was looking on the tv guide yesterday to see which shows and specials they were showing as they usually do on this day, only to find very little... one show on dutch tv investigating the aftermath of 9/11 and the youth that wants to join ISIS, one channel is broadcasting Oliver Stone's World Trade Center. That was it. I was surprised as other years there was more coverage or show reflecting on the events.

Guys. I don't want to have to merge this thread with the one that already exists for discussing the 9/11 conspiracy. I think those who want to express their remorse grief for those who died on this day should have their own thread to do so without discussing the conspiracy elements.

Please leave this thread to discuss the memory of those who died on this date thirteen years ago.

Use this thread, http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/198417-911-inside-job/?hl=debunking911.com, to discuss the conspiracy.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Curious to hear everyone's story on where they were at the time of the attacks.

I was getting ready for my first day of second year university when my girlfriend at the time called me and told me to turn the tv on. I still went to class, but I remember coming out and everyone checking to see if the CN Tower was still standing (the UofT campus has great views of downtown Toronto).

It was a pretty surreal day.

Guys. I don't want to have to merge this thread with the one that already exists for discussing the 9/11 conspiracy. I think those who want to express their remorse for those who died on this day should have their own thread to do so without discussing the conspiracy elements.

Please leave this thread to discuss the memory of those who died on this date thirteen years ago.

Use this thread, http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/198417-911-inside-job/?hl=debunking911.com, to discuss the conspiracy.

Thanks!

It's not a big deal but you should allow the theorists to discuss it here, it's so commonly talked about now. This thread is an endless RIP list otherwise.

Guys. I don't want to have to merge this thread with the one that already exists for discussing the 9/11 conspiracy. I think those who want to express their remorse for those who died on this day should have their own thread to do so without discussing the conspiracy elements.

Thanks!

It's not a big deal but you should allow the theorists to discuss it here, it's so commonly talked about now. This thread is an endless RIP list otherwise.

Fair enough, but considering there's already a 9/11 conspiracy thread we didn't need another. And see my post above. There's more to this topic other than conspiracies and expressing one's condolences.

There are plenty of those threads already :lol:

Although to be honest that may have been the previous years anniversary thread! :P

I was at the dentist waiting room. People were looking at me in a disapproving way because I was not watching the television. I'd glanced at it but not realised what had happened.

Edited by ColdHeartBreaker

I was at work when I saw on the internet that a plane had flown in one of the two towers. We all went to watch it on tv, and then we saw the second plane flying into the second tower. By then it was obvious that it wasn't an accident. It was awful to watch. I drove home listening to a British radio channel that broadcast the latest updates, and watched it on tv all night.

There's a WTC in Brussels as well, and someone I knew got a terrific scare when she heard a plane had flown into the WTC, because her husband worked in the WTC in Brussels.

There are plenty of those threads already :lol:

Although to be honest that may have been the previous years anniversary thread! :P

I was at the dentist waiting room. People were looking at me in a disapproving way because I was not watching the television. I'd glanced at it but not realised what had happened.

Are the magazines at your Dentist office that good?

I was at work when I saw on the internet that a plane had flown in one of the two towers. We all went to watch it on tv, and then we saw the second plane flying into the second tower. By then it was obvious that it wasn't an accident. It was awful to watch. I drove home listening to a British radio channel that broadcast the latest updates, and watched it on tv all night.

There's a WTC in Brussels as well, and someone I knew got a terrific scare when she heard a plane had flown into the WTC, because her husband worked in the WTC in Brussels.

Yeah, that must have been terrifying. I have a couple of friends who had family members in the towers at the time. One got out, one did not.

I was 18 and at High School.

I was duel enrolled in 2 school, and I got to my 2nd school after 1st period and was smoking behind a building with 2 of my friends. WE were bullshitting then they said they heard on the bus (radio) something about a plane crash in New York and that it might of it one of the twin towers.

We asked our teacher but she didn't hear anything, then like a hour later we got info. I remember me and the 2 dude I smoked with asked to turn on a TV and see what was going on and our other teacher got all pissed at us for some odd ass reasons.

What I remember most thou was having the radio on in class and I remember clearly that there were reports the white house and supreme court also got hit. when I got back to my other school every class room had a TV going.

It was pretty insane.

EDIT:

Had no way of knowing that in the years to come I would have spent 820 days in the middle east because of it.

Edited by ThomasMeadow

I was getting ready for my first day of second year university when my girlfriend at the time called me and told me to turn the tv on. I still went to class, but I remember coming out and everyone checking to see if the CN Tower was still standing (the UofT campus has great views of downtown Toronto).

It was a pretty surreal day.

i was a freshman in high school. i remember me, my dad, and my brothers watching the local news before going to school about how some planes were hijacked. the science teacher got a call from the principal saying a plane hit the twin towers in new york, the principal told all teachers to watch the news and then the second plane hit and it was pretty evident it wasnt an accident.

i just remembering be numb really, i never thought i would ever see something like that, it was really gloomy mixed with short outbursts of anger. it is a feeling i really would never want again that is for sure, i really do hate this day.

Edited by bran

Thanks!

Remorse? So you think some members here may have been at least somewhat responsible ... yeah, wouldn't be a surprise. :lol:

LOL, sorry, meant to say grief. Nice catch.

I worked in the WTC from 1991-2000 and was there for the first attack in 1992.

In 2001, I was working the overnight shift at my job in Times Square and got home around 8:45am. I sat down to have breakfast and had Howard Stern on the radio and he announced that a place hit one of the towers. I didn't pay too much attention to it, nor did he, as it seemed like an accident. Then the second plane hit and all of a sudden, we knew something was askew. I sat in my apartment for hours confused, scared, not knowing what to do. The Pentagon and Pennsylania planes heightened my fear. There were also numerous reports on the news that there were up to 15 planes unaccounted for, but that eventually turned out to be false. I called my immediate family and close friends to make sure they were ok or if they needed help since most of them were at work or their kids were at school at the time. I eventually made my out and there was just complete confusion and terror. I ended up in my local bar and it was packed with people. Instead of getting hammered, we all just gathered around the tv's and watched things unfolding.

Very scary day for me and something I will never forget. Something that haunts me to this day

I was 18 and had just enrolled into college in Brussels, I don't think classes had started yet. I was on my way to my dorm when I saw people grouping together in front of a store to watch the tv's in the display window. I was only a block away from my dorm where I had my own tv so I rushed there and turned on CNN and also saw the footage of the second plane. I knew the world would never be the same and I would be lieing if I didn't feel scared that day, not for any terrorist attacks, but for the war that would come from this and how Bush could now do no wrong. You know that scene in The Dead Zone where Christopher Walken can see the future with president Martin Sheen blowing up the world, that day to me felt like this is what was going to go down. Muslims became vilified, human rights and privacy would cease to exist and a terrorist attack was spun into a "war on terror" that was actually a war on Iraq for oil. Bush had everyone in his pocket and what little opposition you had over here, was peanuts or 'freedom fries'. The American media was considered traitors if they criticized policy and the foreign press was too scared to contradict the war machine. That to me added to the tragedy that was 9/11.

I was surprised that 3000 people died because I thought it was going to be in the tens of thousands. Even with what's gone on in Ferguson, there's no day for cops and firefighters the way there is for people who served in the military.

I wasn't surprised it happened, especially when it was targeted in the early 90s.

My roommates and I watched the documentary "102 Minutes That Changed America" last night, pretty much just a compilation of raw footage shot by several people in NY that day and apparently its edited together in real time. There's also a lot of FDNY and NYPD dispatch and radio recordings dubbed over some of the footage, no narrator or anything corny like that. Very heavy shit, one of those things you can only watch once, but I'm glad we did, whole new perspective on the events in NY that day. I always knew it was horrible, but honestly as someone who watched it unfold on the news as an 11 year old kid from 600 miles away, after 13 years 9/11 just doesn't seem like such a big deal. But to have it in front of you, from the point of view of those who experienced it first hand really drove home just how awful it was. The terror some of these people were expressing was overwhelming, especially when the second plane hit and everyone knew this wasn't just an accident. The worst part was listening to the firefighters communicate with each other in one of the buildings, talking about finding rooms full of people and trying to put out all of these fires 70 stories up, knowing that within a half hour or so all of them would be dead, man that really sucked.

Like I said, it's pretty hard to watch but I'd recommend it, definitely gives you an appreciation for what people went through that day, it was hell on earth.

also; fuck "truthers", you can make a conspiracy theory out of anything. Especially something as widely videotaped and documented as 9/11.

• Like 1

I was ten years old, the school didn't bother informing all of us what was going on (and why would you? what is a ten year old supposed to make of that situation?). I remember my mother made it a point to pick me up from school, which never happened, and I just had no idea what the hell she was talking about when she said planes hit some buildings I had never heard of. What really made it clear that terrible things had happened and people were terrified was that all the gas stations in town had huge lines at the pumps (the ones that remained open at least), and so many of the channels on my tv cut their broadcast due to the events that day. Actually seeing the footage later that day was something my mind certainly wouldn't fully comprehend until years later.

I still wonder how only 3,000 people died. It's baffling.

I remember being in sixth grade social studies class. My principal told us straight up that the towers had been hit, but we weren't sure if it was a terrorist attack.

I was pretty taken back. I was only 11, and had only heard the word terrorist used in a movie or two. But never in an actual real life event. I was confused, and just totally didn't get how serious that day was until a couple years later.

Crazy how vividly I still remember how I first found out though. Literally gives me goosebumps.

I was walking 10K every morning and had just returned when the "breaking news" came on CNN. I sat down and didn't move for a coup,e of hours watching it. I remember thinking, how can a plane miss that building on such a beautiful day! Was it technical issues? Then the second plane hit and I remember the blood draining from my face because at that point you knew it was an attack.

Then I remember just trying to reach my son, a little panicky until I did reach him. Then the rest of my family in Florida.

It was a horrible day and week.