1. AFD

2. UYI 2

3. UYI 1/TSI, (if you include)

4. Contraband

5. World On Fire

6. Slash/Ain't Life Grand

7. 5 o Clock (except Neither Can I)

8. Libertad

9. Apocalyptic Love (except Anastasia ofc)

Complexity and interestingness?

WOF is right up there with AFD tbh.

AFD

WOF

UYI's

AL

ALG/I5OCS

Slash

I don't know, this is tough to do on a whim, I'd have to really go though each album and take a look. Seems like it would take a lot of time.

LOL, I forgot about VR.

Maybe Slash didn't play enough leads on Contraband, but there were great guitar work and solos: Fall To Pieces, Slither, You Got No Right, and Sucker Train Blues all contained awesome solos imo, and the album is full of great riffs.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

AFD

WOF

UYI's

AL

ALG/I5OCS

Slash

I don't know, this is tough to do on a whim, I'd have to really go though each album and take a look. Seems like it would take a lot of time.

LOL, I forgot about VR.

Maybe Slash didn't play enough leads on Contraband, but there were great guitar work and solos: Fall To Pieces, Slither, You Got No Right, and Sucker Train Blues all contained awesome solos imo, and the album is full of great riffs.

Slash and Myles should break out loving the alien

Myles can't really embody that song. It's not about the vending machine coffee.

AL I think is a tour de force for Slash guitar. AFD obviously. Snakepit he's unleaded. The illusions he's a bit of a caged animal. Civil War and Breakdown are his best shit.

AFD

WOF

UYI's

AL

ALG/I5OCS

Slash

LOL, I forgot about VR.

Along with the rest of the world.

Meanwhile CD hovers on the cusp of rock immortality. CD II will be the game.

AL I think is a tour de force for Slash guitar. AFD obviously. Snakepit he's unleaded. The illusions he's a bit of a caged animal. Civil War and Breakdown are his best shit.

AFD

WOF

UYI's

AL

ALG/I5OCS

Slash

LOL, I forgot about VR.

I detect a more extreme approach with this post. Forgive me, I can't hide my amusement. Meaner, bitchier. :D

AFD

WOF

UYI's

AL

ALG/I5OCS

Slash

LOL, I forgot about VR.

Yeah I like VR, to this day the best show I've ever been to was VR at PNC in 2007. No idea why I forgot it. You Got No Right is one of the best.

Do it for the Kids is fucking awesome! The solo in Dirty Little Thing? Shredalicious. Headspace... I love Slash on Contraband. In fact, Contraband is modern rock in a way that World on Fire could have stood to learn from. The leads aren't as in the spotlight but... I'd put Contraband above a lot... and Libertad has some rad moments... American Man... Spay... Just Sixteen. In fact I think I kind of hate the self-titled now that I think about it. Although Watch This is almost better than Libertad in its entirety.

AFD

UYI1

UYI 2

WOF

Contraband

5'oc

AL

ALG (How good is Shine? I love that fucking riff)

Libertad

Slash

It's not really Apocolyptic Love vs It's 5o'clock Somewhere, it's Anastasia vs. haha... and it's neck and neck.

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1

AFD

WOF

UYI's

AL

ALG/I5OCS

Slash

LOL, I forgot about VR.

I detect a more extreme approach with this post. Forgive me, I can't hide my amusement. Meaner, bitchier. :D

Axl probably planned CD II to be celebrating the victory of CD.

Axl and Dj probably wrote a sequel to Nightrain called Jäger Bombs in Vegas.

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1