Lesean Mccoy tip fiasco

PITBOSS

He knew exactly what he was doing. He said the waiter was "disrespectful".

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24705413/lesean-mccoy-left-20-cent-tip-because-waiter-disrespectful

I'm a huge Eagles fan and I like McCoy as a player but just about everyone in Philly and most Eagles fans know that his nickname "Shady" isn't just because of his on-field play.

He said himself it was a statement that no one deserves to be tipped if you are disrespectful. I agree.

I don't necessarily disagree but there's two sides to every story and apparently he and his entourage were also being disrespectful towards the restaurant's staff. :shrugs:

Edited by Kasanova King

I'm not sure this story will get as much attention on an international forum (such as this) as tipping in restaurants in most other countries is either totally voluntary or not done at all.

Tipping at restaurants in the U.S. (although technically voluntary) really isn't voluntary at all. The amount you tip is voluntary but tipping anything less than 8% is almost the same as stealing.

Most servers at restaurants are required to claim at least 8% of their checks as wages, as well as having to tip out their busers and bartenders on their total check amounts. So when someone tips anything less than 8%, the server literally (between taxes and tip outs) has to pay you to serve you.

Unfortunately, most people don't know this.....and therefore you have situations like what happened here. If everyone refused to tip for bad service, restaurants would either charge more for their food (so that they could pay their servers more) or they would put an automatic 18% gratuity on their checks - like many restaurants here in Central Florida do now - thanks in part to tourists that refuse to tip the proper amount....so now, we all end up paying (conceivably) more, whether we like it or not.

The proper thing to do for either bad service or if you feel "disrespected" is to bring it up the manager. IN MOST CASES, they will discount the check enough, so that it would be like you didn't tip anything at all..even if you tipped 10% or 15%. ;)

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1

Seriously? Someone not leaving a tip is a headline in the states?

its a headline because he is a multi millionaire leaving a 20 cent tip :lol:

If the service was shit, it was shit. Doesn't matter if you're a fucking millionaire or not. The waiter who whined about this and made it a story should be fired immediately.

If the service was shit, it was shit. Doesn't matter if you're a fucking millionaire or not. The waiter who whined about this and made it a story should be fired immediately.

the owner of the restaurant said it was mccoy and his group were being verbally abusive to the servers.

the owner of the restaurant said it was mccoy and his group were being verbally abusive to the servers.

Well then it's a case of he said she said. The consistency in both stories, and the reason for the headline, is "rich guy didn't leave enormous tip, what a jerk!" That's horseshit.

It's Philadelphia. They're the worst people we have.

:fuckyou:

:P

The owner was the one that posted the pic, not the waiter.

Hmmm... a wealthy young privileged athlete acting all n i g g a r d l y to someone that works their ass off for barely over minimum wage, and then trying to justify that parsimony- why am I not surprised?

EDIT: Why would a word filter change a word that means not generous; stingy to "hooray for tolerance"?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hooray for tolerance!rdly

Edited by Not An FSB Agent