How low does your guitar hang?

One thing i never could understand is how people have em so low yet still manage to fret barre chords. I mean they sort of require a curve of the wrist that is not conducive to your shit being that low. Although I should've probably just looked at Johnny Ramone and shut my fuckin' mouth. I think people should go back to carrying em high up, like The Beatles did, for some reason it's impossible to do that and make it look cool anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought an extra long leather strap/longest strap they had for £30 once on Denmark Street.

6I7QlvykNRxfnrrXljsZlTBKY6zq91su1j7MHo0k

This is me rocking it before putting my loved Jim Dunlop Strap-Lock System strap-locks on it, taken a couple of months after I bought the guitar strap.

(I swear to God this that is the only photo of it pre strap-locks I have, if I had another one; I'd used that instead). ((Besides, at least I have my clothes on in this one, there were more showing the pre strap-lock system guitar strap, but I doubt you'd want to see them)). Even though it didn't have the strap-lock system on it, I still used it on my go to/main guitar which back then was a 2000 Samick Korea plant built Epiphone Les Paul that I had fixed and upgraded with US spec electronics from in-put jack to volume/tone pots to selector switch and Seymour Duncan APH-1 Alnico II Pro Humbucker pickups at the Feline Guitars custom shop.

8j9xfUaqhyH0a6Gs34KCU-twAwyRcBEWtjXC3tBC

This guitar, different long strap that's not as long as my long strap after this guitar no longer became my main/go to guitar, same strap-lock system.

7whSW7kDjvfjHC_gv5RagZBkQYUSYMFbZr3h6HYy

Same strap, after I got around to having the Jim Dunlop Strap-Lock System strap-locks I like put on.

On my go to/main guitar.

I love that guitar. - and that strap too.

I'm not even sure what strap this is, it could be another long but not as long as my much loved long strap.

anqcnKMU4cutgpprSlut2taM1Zej1uEl_P4MUiB7

But I know this is the strap I love.

fV55b1ovMAaRN3n_X35MHMJUVDFzehHPOtHnfCoX

My much loved long strap isn't even my longest guitar strap, that title goes to this nylon strap I ordered of the Slash fan website once and it got sent from America.

That strap is long, like, stupid giant long (when at it's longest); but it's nylon and therefore easily adjustable with the strap-lock system, unlike my leather straps, where the strap-lock system stops you from adjusting the length. - I do use that strap and usually the guitar it's on (Tele/Strat hybrid pimp wood and mother of pearl in-lay and bone nut acoustic profile neck guitar) if I ever want a Jimi Hendrix/Tom Morello moment and have my guitar way up high.

Edited by Snake-Pit

As low as I want it to. I've never quite understood the need to bash low hanging guitar players recently. I've always been one to hang mine a little bit low, but high enough to play chords comfortably. But it seems like guys that like to play all up high look down on those that hang it low, why is that? Do what works best for you is the only real point imo. If you like it high, more power to ya, and vice versa.

BTW, I have only had one guitar strap for over 16 years now, lol. If it ain't broke....

Edited by Mike420

As low as I want it to. I've never quite understood the need to bash low hanging guitar players recently. I've always been one to hang mine a little bit low, but high enough to play chords comfortably. But it seems like guys that like to play all up high look down on those that hang it low, why is that? Do what works best for you is the only real point imo. If you like it high, more power to ya, and vice versa.

BTW, I have only had one guitar strap for over 16 years now, lol. If it ain't broke....

Because people like Snake Pit choose low hanging over advancing skill because they thinj it looks cool.

That or Snake Pit just sucks, and there is no other explanation.

Id like to think I'm decent and I play low. Its probably because Im a douchebag though and I probably suck

There can be exceptions, but most people are just Snake Pit. I don't mean playing Beatles high, I just mean not playing Mike Mushok low.

Well I guess if you are more concerned with what it looks like, as opposed to how it sounds, that is probably a flaw in your thinking. But really its just a matter of taste.

On a side note, Snake Pit has more pics of himself with his guitars than I do, and I play in actual bands, lol. But the funny part is that in every pic, I don't see anyone else playing anything, just Snake Pit.

Not hatin' man, do what you do....

Edited by Mike420

I'm actually more comfortable with it lower in general. Playing more complicated chords are harder but when I'm moving around it's easier to maneuver. The main thing that determines my strap length was the weight of my guitar. It's easier on me to have it lower for whatever reason. Doesn't hurt it looks a little cooler.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I guess if you are more concerned with what it looks like, as opposed to how it sounds, that is probably a flaw in your thinking. But really its just a matter of taste.

On a side note, Snake Pit has more pics of himself with his guitars than I do, and I play in actual bands, lol. But the funny part is that in every pic, I don't see anyone else playing anything, just Snake Pit.

Not hatin' man, do what you do....

This was a band they made up that I was in, it was a photo shoot only thing.

Ebqf93Glz2dKR1LIn3UrfTs7kOSCiYdp9_MU8S9g

That was a bog standard nylon guitar strap of mine, pretty much the first strap I ever had, I used to wear it that low though.

Edited by Snake-Pit