I gave Robby Takac(Goo Goo Dolls Bassist/Singer)a copy of Chinese Democracy yesterday (picture)

Yesterday I attended the 12th annual Music Is Art Festival here in Buffalo,NY put on by Robby Goo of The Goo Goo Dolls. Music Is Art is a great organization that helps to keep Musical education programs in School's http://www.musicisart.org/ There were mostly local acts but Shonen Knife,Green Jello and Cute Is What We Aim For also played along with lots of performance artists,DJ's and plenty of other entertainment.

Many of you know The Goo Goo Dolls for such hits as Iris

They used to sound like this back in the day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5jWrWKLYV4

Robby Goo (as he was known then was the lead singer for the first two albums) but eventually Johnny Goo (Rzeznik took over). I have several sealed extra copies of Chinese Democracy so I decided to give Robby one at MIA yesterday. He's a cool enough guy that he'll listen to it and hopefully post a review. The Goo Goo Dolls were heavily influenced by The Replacements and Paul Westerberg even co- wrote a song for the Goo Goo Dolls' 1993 album SuperStarCarWash called We Are The Normal.

robbygoo2014_zps59876c59.jpg

Edited by xGNRxSTARx
  • Like 3

I met this guy and Reznick at Kowloon's, a really posh Chinese restaurant in Saugus, Massachusetts. They had (presumably) just played a gig or were in town for one. Drummer wasn't there.

I remember they were both sitting at the bar, eating big plates of fried shrimp and lo-mein. I also remember their eyes were redder than the devil's dick and I don't know if I've ever seen anyone as stoned as Johnny Reznick was at that moment.

• Like 1

I met this guy and Reznick at Kowloon's, a really posh Chinese restaurant in Saugus, Massachusetts. They had (presumably) just played a gig or were in town for one. Drummer wasn't there.

I remember they were both sitting at the bar, eating big plates of fried shrimp and lo-mein. I also remember their eyes were redder than the devil's dick and I don't know if I've ever seen anyone as stoned as Johnny Reznick was at that moment.

Frigging LOVE Kowloon!!!! Place is SOOOOO good.

Here's my GooGoo dolls story:

Early last summer, I'm sitting at a sales meeting at the Radison Hotel in Manchester, NH. Meeting breaks for lunch. Me, fearing I wouldn't have enough time to get to my gym nearby for a workout, decided to just use the one at the hotel. I find it and realize I actually need a room key to get in (wasn't staying at the hotel; just there using one of the conference rooms). Inside, I motion to this guy who clearly looks like a musician of some sort who appeared to be with a bodyguard. He lets me in and gives me these strange looks as if he's waiting for me to be like, "HAY! YOU'RE JONNY REZNICK!!" Couldn't for the life of me remember his name and I felt awful about it. It didn't sink in until afterward that he fronted the GooGoo Dolls (they were performing across the street that night with Matchbox 20).

So yea, I worked out with the singer of the Goo Goo Dolls, lol. I still, to this day, feel guilty about not remembering his name and paying him respect as an artist.

That's pretty similar to my experience. I didn't know those two were rock musicians until twenty minutes into my meal. I was just minding my own business having mai-tais with my friend. We recognized them as stoners, not as rockers.

I did think it was weird when the bartender produced a glossy photo for them to sign and they obliged. At that point I asked the bartender who they were and he said "Goo Goo Dolls." And it clicked. Then I bought them a round of beers and just kind of introduced myself. They were really down to earth, modest, whatever.

I think they were comfortable with me and my pal because we didn't stay long to harass them or ask for autographs. I just got a kick out of Reznick, he was giggling the whole time and his eyes were just pure blood.

I only know the Goo Goo Dolls from that awful song Iris.

Honestly, if a stranger came up to me in 2014 and gave me a copy of CD as a gift my immediate reaction would be - "Is this some kind of prank?"

And I'd say the same about any old album for that matter. It's fucking weird behaviour from the OP.

Edited by Facekicker
  • Like 1

Hey RP, HisRoyalShitness is making fun of you on GNFNR over this thread. You gonna take that? Go GNR-educate him.

Running with stories again are we?

I think CD is an album for giant nerds. Just the other day somebody in mygnr posted pictures of the time he gave a sealed copy of the album to the drummer of the Goo Goo Dolls. That's hilaarous for several reasons.

Hey RP, HisRoyalShitness is making fun of you on GNFNR over this thread. You gonna take that? Go GNR-educate him.

I think CD is an album for giant nerds. Just the other day somebody in mygnr posted pictures of the time he gave a sealed copy of the album to the drummer of the Goo Goo Dolls. That's hilaarous for several reasons.

Yeah, I'm not doubting you? I'm just wondering why you felt the need to post about it here. I mean...so what, there is people here posting about how hilarious it is, myself included.

Yeah, I'm not doubting you? I'm just wondering why you felt the need to post about it here. I mean...so what, there is people here posting about how hilarious it is, myself included.

Because Rancid Punks is a bro and cross forum shit talk is lame?

Because Rancid Punks is a bro and cross forum shit talk is lame?

Godzilla-facepalm.png