Question about "One in a million"

LyndaRose

i seem to remember axl explaining ironically that it was indeed a black man from the streets that went out of his way to help him out when he was down and out

it's really genius of axl to have come up with this song, which in my opinion or in my personal view is the best sounding song of GNR that encompasses all of the anger and bad ass street credibility for the time - can we also mention it is the first song to include axl on the keys!! his best screeching of all time is much tooo HIGGGGGHHHHH

the fact that at the same time he is voicing his displeasure of his new surroundings and the POV is prejudice, he ends the song saying that radicals and racists to point the finger at me and that he is actually praising the black man that helped him

axl is not racist and to be more precise, everyone at one time or another has the type of thoughts that are personified in the song....this does not mean you are racist

• Like 4

i seem to remember axl explaining ironically that it was indeed a black man from the streets that went out of his way to help him out when he was down and out

it's really genius of axl to have come up with this song, which in my opinion or in my personal view is the best sounding song of GNR that encompasses all of the anger and bad ass street credibility for the time - can we also mention it is the first song to include axl on the keys!! his best screeching of all time is much tooo HIGGGGGHHHHH

That was Howard Tenneman I believe. I think I spelled his last name wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

I just read in "The World's Most Dangerous Band" by Mick Wall that Axl said those words ("you're one in a million .... much too hight, etc"), were spoken ironically to him. Some dudes, probably ex Indiana friends, commented that he is a millionaire now, so remote. Fame changed him, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Axl has said that line is something he tells himself to get through situations.

So the you is Axl. Axl is kind of talking about himself.

really?

that could be perceived as quite vain

but i guess its ok

he needs to back it up though - as in now and what next

I guess he was on the streets and had to believe in himself. That's how I took what he said. Now yeah he could just swim in pools of naked chicks so maybe it's harder to get motivated.

I think I'll listen to the song again and see what I get.

I think I remember something about the chorus kind of people back home in Indianna trying to reach but he was too high. So the one in a million was maybe sarcastic from them but Axl used it as motivation.

The song is almost too simply. It's like personal emotions on the street then this weird chorus which is like background noise.

Edited by wasted