Slash on Howard Stern on SiriusXM tomorrow 9/16

ericy210

If we are being honest Axl has the only trustworthy account of those days. (Atleast between the band members)

Bullshit. Sure, Duff and Slash were seeing things through beer and heroin googles, but if you don't think Axl was seeing things through ridiculously paranoid/dictator glasses then you're crazy. We'll probably never know the real truth about all the stuff. Its probably a combination of all of their stories. But I don't trust Axl as far as I can throw him (and I was really bad in Little League).

But yes, Stern would obviously be his best platform. Probably hasn't done much, but I do think its not been helpful to Axl to have never been on there. Despite what you think about Howard, he'll kind of pester you about a subject until you answer and we'd probably get a really amazing interview, breakup of GNR and otherwise just about Axl as a guy. More than halloween trees. It kills me that they almost had him and for no reason at all they just up and cancelled on Stern.

Baba Booey can reel in a lot of guests, and when he apparently had one print, talk and radio appearance it really seemed that it was all set. There are very few people that seem to avoid it, and really for no good reason. Once you're there, Howard kisses your ass anyway. He'd trash Slash the second Axl walks in and it would be the funniest thing ever. The same as the second Slash walks in Howard would be like "so I hear Axl is this 200 pound fatso thats got no money." Its just good radio and amazing interviews come out of his approach.

• Like 1

Howard Stern is such a bottom feeder at this point I couldn't care less. Stern has turned into a complete Wacko. Him and Jesse Ventura are perfect for each other, though I despise Ventura far more.

Stern has actually changed quote a bit. Much less sex and gossip. He's done some of the best rock interviews I've ever heard in the past few years. Donovan, Roger Waters, Joe Walsh.

Howard Stern is such a bottom feeder at this point I couldn't care less. Stern has turned into a complete Wacko. Him and Jesse Ventura are perfect for each other, though I despise Ventura far more.

Stern has actually changed quote a bit. Much less sex and gossip. He's done some of the best rock interviews I've ever heard in the past few years. Donovan, Roger Waters, Joe Walsh.

He still is the only interviewer who can get these guys to loosen up and even take some jabs, he's earned their respect. He also doesn't take their music and past as seriously as the Eddie Trunks of this world.

The Slash interview was ok, though to me it is boring to listen to a guitar player trying to explain how he came up with that riff or solo bit as that's hard to put into words. Stern has started playing guitar more frequently himself, which is why I guess his line of questioning went more in that direction. Discussing how rock music is made tends to be extremely boring IMO.

I have to admit I cringed a little at Stern playing NR for Slash and reminding him how good a solo that was, Stern was acting as if the world didn't know this yet and somehow needed to be reminded. :facepalm:

Edited by Bumblefeet

I definitely thought this interview was not as good as his previous ones. His last one for Apocalyptic, I believe, was really good. Really funny and very entertaining. I think because this one was less about GNR, either cause Howard has already asked that or, more likely, he was told to kind of avoid it, it made for more of a boring, sterile interview. The thing with Howard is they don't talk about the new album, so if the person has been on a bunch of times or there are topics he is told not to cover again, the interview doesn't tend to be as great.

Still good hour with Slash. But yeah, I'd direct anyone to the previous interview a few years ago with Slash if you want to hear great stuff. I too don't need to hear Howard playing Slash Sweet Child and November Rain and saying "wow, you really wrote that?!" I prefer when he's cracking jokes with the guest or they are like Graham Nash or someone that has incredible stories we haven't heard a million times before.

I definitely thought this interview was not as good as his previous ones. His last one for Apocalyptic, I believe, was really good. Really funny and very entertaining. I think because this one was less about GNR, either cause Howard has already asked that or, more likely, he was told to kind of avoid it, it made for more of a boring, sterile interview. The thing with Howard is they don't talk about the new album, so if the person has been on a bunch of times or there are topics he is told not to cover again, the interview doesn't tend to be as great.

Still good hour with Slash. But yeah, I'd direct anyone to the previous interview a few years ago with Slash if you want to hear great stuff. I too don't need to hear Howard playing Slash Sweet Child and November Rain and saying "wow, you really wrote that?!" I prefer when he's cracking jokes with the guest or they are like Graham Nash or someone that has incredible stories we haven't heard a million times before.

Actually I've heard Graham take a lot of shit for recylcing the same old stories everyone has heard a million times- that was the major criticism of his book that he merely retold alreadky well known stories.

Actually I've heard Graham take a lot of shit for recylcing the same old stories everyone has heard a million times- that was the major criticism of his book that he merely retold alreadky well known stories.

Lol well maybe he's a bad example. I don't particularly follow him so that stuff was new to me (guess its possible thats what its like for Slash to the general public). I mean, when Howard has Billy Joel on he kind of recycles the same stories as well (I'm a big Billy Joel fan). I guess my point is that sometimes he takes it from a different angle and doesn't ask the same things verbatim, like he kind of seemed to with Slash this time around. It seemed a bit reserved and it seemed something was missing.

Or its just that his second interviews with these people aren't as great. The first time Howard had Billy Joel in the studio it was an incredible interview. Maybe one of his best ever. Then Billy had him moderate a town hall that he did and it wasn't nearly as interesting. Kind of like trying to capture lightning in a bottle twice.

Hopefully he makes him talk Guns N Roses again. I'd really like if the questions aimed that way didn't reflect on the demise of his relationship with Axl. I just like hearing stories from the tour.

Slash is done with Gn'R, he said so himself. I guest he don't mind talking a little about his days in Gn'R, but talk on future speculation, is not something that interests him. Besides, more importantly, he has a new album out with Myles..

If Axl ever wants a platform to unleash why he hates slash it will be on the Stern show. But mainly I want Axl on for the stories of everything after UYI tour ended. If we are being honest Axl has the only trustworthy account of those days. (Atleast between the band members)

Imagine Axl discussing the corn rows, the voice change, the face change, and Chinese democracy! Probably will never happen though haha I'm sure if he was on though he would get into the breakup of the band. When it comes to that though I tend to believe Axl's account. Slash and Duff were still messed up at the time, so idk how believable their timeline is.

Axl interviews are dull. They are built up too much, only for everyone to be amazed he bothered to show up. The showing up bit is as good as an Axl interview gets :D ..questions are something he isn't good, or chooses not to be good at.. all cryptic like nothing is allowed to be talked about..

Edited by star

Star- I agree with you on some points, obviously what I'd like to happen and what will happen are completely different things. I think when it comes to GNR, Slash feels similar to Axl in that the old days where they were writing together and in the studio were the best. I think they both enjoyed the band aspect of it where as now it's their show and it's not really a band anymore.

I disagree with you on the Axl interview thing. I think his responses are great, and often more insightful then we could have ever hoped for. At the same time he does tend to make light of questions he doesn't want to answer with a suddle joke.

Great Axl interviews are the ones from early 2000, eddie trunk 2006, and the chats he did on here in 2008-2009. The Kimmel one and Trunk show 2012 were far less revealing