Electric Light Orchestra

gunsfanoldie

Excellent band. One of my childhood favs. Not for everyone, but Jeff Lynne is a genius and wrote a shitload of great singles and records with this band. Was so happy to hear they were coming back this September for their first show in 13 years, and by all accounts it seems to have gone great for him. Nothing but positive reviews, and I hope to watch the entire show very soon.

Jeff said that if this show went well he would consider a tour, and I truly hope he does. He promised a similar thing in 2001, but the tour was cancelled due to low ticket sales. I think an ELO tour in theaters would be an easy sell out, but I guess its possible Jeff wants something bigger due to stage stuff. Anyway, I really hope it happens. Eldorado is one of the top albums of all time for me.

Here's the video of their recent show a few days ago for anyone interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBEMnV2I3K8

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Took him awhile, but Jeff Lynne has finally announced new tour dates! Mainly Europe, with two "special shows" in the US:

SPECIAL SHOWS
Friday, November 20, 2015 - Irving Plaza, New York
Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - The Fonda, California
EUROPEAN 2016 TOUR
Tuesday, April 5, 2016 - Liverpool Echo Arena, Liverpool, UK
Thursday, April 7, 2016 - Nottingham Capital FM Arena, Nottingham, UK
Saturday, April 9, 2016 - Leeds First Direct Arena, Leeds, UK
Sunday, April 10, 2016 - Manchester Arena, Manchester, UK
Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - SSE Hydro, Glasgow, UK
Saturday, April 16, 2016 - Genting Arena, Birmingham, UK
Sunday, April 17, 2016 - Genting Arena, Birmingham, UK
Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - The O2, London, UK
Friday, April 22, 2016 - The O2, London, UK
Friday, April 29, 2016 - 3Arena, Dublin, Ireland
Sunday, May 1, 2016 - Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam-Zuidoost, Netherlands
Tuesday, May 3, 2016 - Hallenstadion, Zurich, Switzerland
Thursday, May 5, 2016 - König-Pilsener-Arena, Oberhausen, Germany
Obviously, the two US shows revolve around their promo appearances for the new album, which unfortunately I'm not a big fan of. I guess thats not a huge deal, but I really loved Zoom 15 years ago and think its criminally underrated, so I'm open to them playing new music on the tour like they were planning with Zoom, but I really have no interest hearing anything from Alone In The Universe. As for the tour dates, I'm gonna try this morning (I know at least New York goes onsale this morning) but would really hope a regular tour is in the works. They've had such bad luck in the US the last 20 years that I wouldn't be shocked if this is all they do. Found out about all this yesterday in an email when all of a sudden I'm scrolling through my Livenation concerts and see ELO and freak out lol!
Anyone else trying for these, Europe or US?