Teacher thread

AxlsMainMan

Does anyone know what it's like to be a shitty teacher who can't command the respect of inner city students? I always felt like that'd be such a sad existence.

I'd actually like to work at a school in a bad neighbourhood once I'm done. Teaching stuff to overachievers with rich parents is easy.

Does anyone know what it's like to be a shitty teacher who can't command the respect of inner city students? I always felt like that'd be such a sad existence.

I'd actually like to work at a school in a bad neighbourhood once I'm done. Teaching stuff to overachievers with rich parents is easy.

Glow Inc teaches in a Paris banlieue now. He likes it. (Or at least he did a week or so ago, haven't heard anything of him since.)

• Like 1

Glow Inc teaches in a Paris banlieue now. He likes it. (Or at least he did a week or so ago, haven't heard anything of him since.)

That reminds me of the French film Entre les murs.

That reminds me of the French film Entre les murs.

Haven't seen that, but yes, that sounds like him. Are there even bad neighbourhoods in Norway ?

Haven't seen that, but yes, that sounds like him. Are there even bad neighbourhoods in Norway ?

Not to the same extent as most other countries, but some areas are only populated by minorities/immigrants, and standardized test results are far weaker in these areas than in upper/middle class areas.

I'm a teacher. It makes me better than everyone else.

Does it ? I was under the impression that you were better than everyone else long before you became a teacher.

Lucky students and lucky us. The future looks bright for the next generation.

I'm a teacher. It makes me better than everyone else.

Does it ? I was under the impression that you were better than everyone else long before you became a teacher.

Lucky students and lucky us. The future looks bright for the next generation.

I was just trying to be modest. Yes, I was already better than all of you.

American Literature and one Mythology class.

So without a Google search, can you list the Greek god's names and their Roman name counterparts? Let's just stick with the top 5......

I would certainly hope so. I used to teach an undergrad course in mythology when I was in grad school, so I'm relatively well versed in it.