Teacher thread

AxlsMainMan

I do but I also don't. The hours are getting to me (think 10 hours plus 2.5 hours total commute), the responsibilities that lie ahead with potentially being a manager with having to work more hours at home after an already long day at the office, working to make a profit for the company with no real human component to the job.

I think it's a consequence of getting people who are in their mid teens to decide what they wanna do for the rest of their lives when they haven't even worked a full week yet. I just want to do something where I can really help individuals that need it as opposed to a corporation that could lose my services one day and have forgotten about me by the end of the week.

• Like 1

Halloween is almost over so I guess I'll start some Christmas stuff with the kindergarteners next week.

Isn't that a bit early? In my daughter's class, they're looking at snails next week :lol: They go find them and keep them in their class in a 'snail hotel' and then put them back where they've found them.

The kids in my religion class have been nagging me to see a film in class, and I figured I'd find a suitable one that we'll see at the end of this month. The subject we're working on right now is the bible - new and old testament. Does anyone have any suggestions for films suitable for 13 year olds that depict a biblical event/person? I'm considering The Prince of Egypt and Joseph: King of Dreams so far.

The kids in my religion class have been nagging me to see a film in class, and I figured I'd find a suitable one that we'll see at the end of this month. The subject we're working on right now is the bible - new and old testament. Does anyone have any suggestions for films suitable for 13 year olds that depict a biblical event/person? I'm considering The Prince of Egypt and Joseph: King of Dreams so far.

I've only seen the first film and think it would probably work with that age group.

Or you could take them on a field trip to see the new Christian Bale bible epic :lol:

Edited by AxlsMainMan

Show em the proper Ten Commandments, its rated U so its fine for kids and everything :)

Sorry, Drama already said that, do excuse me! Boring?!?! it's got people getting whipped by Vincent Price, pillars of fire, parting oceans, Edward G Robinson catching himself a sex slave (oh come on, we all know what he was gonna do with her! :lol:), that films got everything!

Edited by Lennie Godber

How about an episode or two of The Bible (it's on Netflix), which was on History Channel I think about two years ago. It was pretty well-made, interesting in both the way they told the stories and visually. I think it was a 12 or 13-parter, so you would have several choices of what story to show them, so you could maybe tailor it to your lesson better.

How accurate is that in regard to the bible version? I heard it's got aliens in it and shit.

No idea what the bible version is like but it does have some really cool rock giants.

Edited by Dazey

Is it just historians and theologians sitting around talking about the stories in the bible, or are there like actors portraying the events?

It's acted out. There is an occasional narrator voice-over, I think by the same guy Ken Burns has been using for the last couple years, but he only talks very rarely. It's basically a series of mini-movies.