The MyGNR Forum Podcast and Discussion Thread

Dan H.

I enjoyed Russ's contributions and stories a lot and you were a really good host. Sounded very comfortable and like you've been doing this for a while when it was only the first podcast. WFA was just a disaster imo and really brought the whole thing down. I didn't say anything at first because I didn't want it to seem like I was just ragging on someone who I obviously dislike but since you asked for opinions...

He basically would just echo whatever Russ said. He started out pretty dismissive of Bumblefoot but then as it went on he kind of changed his entire tone to "no one else can do what he did, and I really appreciate him etc." It was kind of cringy.

I only listened to the first part about GNR because I just couldn't bear to hear WFA talk about the music industry...no offense to the other two, but like who cares what some 19 year old kid thinks about the music industry?

Also I think there should be a little more variety in the discussion. And maybe even for some of them have a couple different people call in to discuss different topics. Like, I'm considering doing this at some point but then I think "does anyone really want to hear me ramble about shit for an hour?"

All in all I really like the format and look forward to the upcoming podcasts.

I enjoyed Russ's contributions and stories a lot and you were a really good host. Sounded very comfortable and like you've been doing this for a while when it was only the first podcast. WFA was just a disaster imo and really brought the whole thing down. I didn't say anything at first because I didn't want it to seem like I was just ragging on someone who I obviously dislike but since you asked for opinions...

He basically would just echo whatever Russ said. He started out pretty dismissive of Bumblefoot but then as it went on he kind of changed his entire tone to "no one else can do what he did, and I really appreciate him etc." It was kind of cringy.

I only listened to the first part about GNR because I just couldn't bear to hear WFA talk about the music industry...no offense to the other two, but like who cares what some 19 year old kid thinks about the music industry?

Also I think there should be a little more variety in the discussion. And maybe even for some of them have a couple different people call in to discuss different topics. Like, I'm considering doing this at some point but then I think "does anyone really want to hear me ramble about shit for an hour?"

All in all I really like the format and look forward to the upcoming podcasts.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you enjoyed it overall.

I would would encourage you to listen to the second half though. wfa really did bring up some good points during that half and there was a lot more point/counterpoint on that subject.

As he proved with the Rod Jackson interview, WFA has definite merits.

Fuck, I still haven't listened to that.

I gave WFA as much shit as anybody over the whole Izzy thing ( and rightly so), but it's a brilliant interview- the kind of questions you actually want asked instead of the usual rubbish.

When he uses his talents for good, he has a lot to contribute.

• Like 3

As he proved with the Rod Jackson interview, WFA has definite merits.

Fuck, I still haven't listened to that.

I gave WFA as much shit as anybody over the whole Izzy thing ( and rightly so), but it's a brilliant interview- the kind of questions you actually want asked instead of the usual rubbish.

When he uses his talents for good, he has a lot to contribute.

Couldn't agree more.

i think that's a good idea, magisme.

LiveFromNormal, perhaps before doing this next time take a look at the 3 most popular topics in D/N, put those in a poll and have the members vote on which one to talk about for the GNR section, and do the same with anything goes?