The MyGNR Forum Podcast and Discussion Thread

Dan H.

I live in fucking hipster central right now. The fuckers are EVERYWHERE!!!!!

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/watch-video-capturing-summer-northern-7636592

It looks weird that place, as if a bunch of cotton factories were converted overnight into a city - except it does not really look like a proper city, yet!

I wish there was more discussion of the hipster episode. I'm curious if I'm alone in the hipster culture around me or if I just have the wrong perception.

You guys have to do a better job of getting snippets out there or something. See, I'd want to go and see what was said about this, but I'm just not going to go surfing through an entire podcast about lol NuGNR to find a few minutes of discussion I'm interested in. Maybe timestamps or something like that? Or break it down into tracks based on discussion topic? This is a cool idea, but I think the way it's being presented doesn't maximize interest.

There's just something so wrong calling a show, with a bird and three guys, the "British Invasion".

It would be funnier if it was called "the African Invasion".

We can do that but only if i can do the whole thing in a faux African accent, in the vein of the eat da poo poo Pastor :D

While this episode loads I have come up with a fun idea for the GNR segment of next weeks episode.

I have an ultra hipster roommate who knows nothing about GNR and I invited him to join the show and listen to me and my guests discuss the history of Guns N' Roses.

I think the reactions of someone outside of the community listening to all the drama and shenanigans of GNR would be kindof a funny segment. Anyone interested?

side note, I'd also be okay with discussing the forum with my roommate, because I think that could result in some laughs too

Edited by LiveFromNormal

I also need guests for the 30th.

This podcast will be available to listen to live. I haven't decided if I am going to take callers or not.

I'm breaking my rule for the live episode, and allowing the GNR Topic to be about the forum and its history as long as we can all keep it somewhat civil.

Second segment will be general Halloween discussion. Scary stories, haunted houses, horror movies, etc

Really excited for this one, more news to come

Edited by LiveFromNormal

There's just something so wrong calling a show, with a bird and three guys, the "British Invasion".

I don't think ARQ leans that way.

We can do that but only if i can do the whole thing in a faux African accent, in the vein of the eat da poo poo Pastor :D
I think a large appendage might be more what you're after. :lol: