The MyGNR Forum Podcast and Discussion Thread

Dan H.

Arsenal Tottenham, That'll be an interesting match but I'm more interested in Stoke as we've been doing shit lately. Going in week six with 1 win and 5 points, 13th in the league :facepalm:

Sorry LFN didn't mean to derail :lol:

Edited by usemyillusions

Your current knowledge full stop'd fit on a postage stamp.

(thats the thanks you get for explaining to me how a boiler works today eh? :lol:)

Hang on, if you don't know fuck all, I don't know fuck all and ARQ don't know fuck all, who knows shit?!?! :lol: We'd better hope Graeme is a fuckin' afficianado :lol: Is young Daniel at all au fait with the working of modern day GnR?

Edited by Lennie Godber

Proposed GnR related topic: Why have so many other bands managed to evolve and continue successfully after lineup changes but GnR have struggled?

I could answer that in five words:

Shit management, no new music.

In all seriousness though, I could also type up a 5 page essay answering the question too, so it's not a terrible query.

Proposed GnR related topic: Why have so many other bands managed to evolve and continue successfully after lineup changes but GnR have struggled?

I could answer that in five words:

Shit management, no new music.

In all seriousness though, I could also type up a 5 page essay answering the question too, so it's not a terrible query.

I just think it might make for a decent topic that can be discussed by people who don't know everything about current GnR.

Nice design, but that revolver is an 1850s-1860s design percussion looking thing. Notice the loading lever on the bottom of the barrel and the lack of a strap over the cylinder.

Yeah I should probably scrap it and go for something a little more historically accurate.

Sorry, I wouldn't know. I'm British. :)

LOL... it's pretty neat how you were able to capture a design that was only used for about 20 years in the middle of the 19th Century. The 1858 Remington .44 Army was a revolutionary design in revolver evolution. While it still employed the loading bar under the barrel, it was the first to use the strap-over design. It made for a much more sturdy weapon, and signaled the end of the older designs of revolvers.

The loading bar was necessary in the days before cartridged ammunition cases. Before then, on muzzle loading weapons, a patch was used to form a seal to prevent the gasses from escaping around the projectile. On revolvers, the ammunition was slightly over sized(My 1864 Army .45 ammo is actually .457 in diameter), and the lever action of the loading bar allowed the round to be forced into the cylinder. Without it, one would have to "patch" the projectile.

Fun Fact: Once these old revolvers are loaded, grease is used to seal the openings in the cylinder to prevent gasses from firing off all the cylinders ammunition at once-- that would suck.

I really had to try hard to remember my password to log in (as I'd got used to visit this forum as guest on daily basis for last couple of months and completely forgot it) just to be able to write "THANK YOU" for putting this together and bringing this (mygnr podcast). Although I already knew like 99,95% of all info mentioned I must say I really really liked & enjoyed it so I hope you guys will stick with this for (at least) some time. :thumbsup:

...and I can't wait for the next episode.

• Like 2

Nice facts. Have you thought that maybe you've come to the wrong kind of Guns forum? :P

Nope. I am a GnR fan from a Southern US state. Most of us, here, are knowledgeable about firearms... men and women. I don't really care much about modern weapons, but I have a passion for the old black powder weapons. Hence, my recognition of the old design in your artwork. ;)

Nice facts. Have you thought that maybe you've come to the wrong kind of Guns forum? :P

Nope. I am a GnR fan from a Southern US state. Most of us, here, are knowledgeable about firearms... men and women. I don't really care much about modern weapons, but I have a passion for the old black powder weapons. Hence, my recognition of the old design in your artwork. ;)

America, where the men are men....and so are the women :D

America, where the men are men....and so are the women :D
I'm sending the missus round your gaff to sort you out for that! :lol: