Kanye West demands wheelchair bound fan to stand up at gig

Facekicker

"I decided I can't do this song, I can't do the rest of the show until everybody stands up," West told the Qantas Credit Union Arena in Sydney. "Unless you got a handicap pass and you get special parking," he added.

It turned out that some of his fans did qualify for a "handicap pass" and, rather than being passed over, they were brought to the attention of the entire arena who urged the disabled fans to "stand up, stand up" as prompted by the star.

Another fan who remained sitting was then pinpointed by West who complained: "This is the longest I've had to wait to do a song, it's unbelievable."

With the crowd booing, some closer to the fan tried to signal to West that the boy was in a wheelchair.

After apparently seeking further verification from a bouncer, West realised he had made a mistake. "If he's in a wheelchair, then it's fine," he said before launching into his next song.

What a fucking cock. Maybe he should focus on putting a show that compels his audience to stand in admiration rather than demanding it like a petulant little cunt.

• Like 1

I reckon the blokes a massive twat but you gotta give him a pass here, if he didn't know and couldn't see then it's only a mistake eh? Sorta like walking into a road sign.

I'd give him a pass only for the arrogant twat sending a bodyguard down to the fans in question to verify whether they were disabled and therefore unable to stand for his holiness.

'If he's in a wheelchair, it's fine' Ah okay Kanye, it's fine, everyone cool their jets King West has spoken. What if he picked someone else out who just didn't feel the need to be ordered about after they'd paid their ticket and supported him for years before he arrived and decided they must obey because he has suddenly seen that they exist as well as he does lol, good way to acknowledge it. Seriously tho, I don't mind the guy, his stuff isn't crap but I couldn't get into it, clearly a talented dude. Comes across as a bit of a planet-sized diva but he's not the first or last, seems to have some personality and is somewhat original. This kinda stuff seems par for the course. If he's in a wheelchair, it's fine, though.

I love how people here think Kanye fans care about the head/sign video like Axl fans care about the Rio video. We find that shit funny too.

What a fucking cock. Maybe he should focus on putting a show that compels his audience to stand in admiration rather than demanding it like a petulant little cunt.

Kanye's live performances are highly regarded, especially among his peers in the genre. Edited by bacardimayne

Have you guys ever thought that Kanye acting "holy" and arrogant might be part of the charm, like something his fans enjoy? It's similar to how RNR fans get all giddy over their favorite bands pissing on airplanes and earning titles like "most dangerous band in the world". Both are somewhat disingenuous and just part of the act.

• Like 2

Have you guys ever thought that Kanye acting "holy" and arrogant might be part of the charm, like something his fans enjoy? It's similar to how RNR fans get all giddy over their favorite bands pissing on airplanes and earning titles like "most dangerous band in the world". Both are somewhat disingenuous and just part of the act.

He fits the angry black man trope and therefore all of his behaviour needs to be harshly criticised, even if it was a simple mistake.

RnR fans will act holier than thou about stuff outside of the genre and then praise/look the other way when it comes to crap that 'rockstars' do.

• Like 2

He fits the angry black man trope and therefore all of his behaviour needs to be harshly criticised, even if it was a simple mistake.

RnR fans will act holier than thou about stuff outside of the genre and then praise/look the other way when it comes to crap that 'rockstars' do.

Nothing to do with "race" or "music genre" imo. Just a cock-head being called out for being a cock-head. If someone from a rock band did this, they would cop just as much flak.

Gene Simmons is a cock-head, and is always called out for the fucked up shit he says and does.