Looks like no GNR for some time :(

SIXX: A.M. frontman James Michael says that the band is "planning a big tour" in support of its upcoming third album, "Modern Vintage", which he calls "our best record so far."

Due on October 7 via Eleven Seven Music, the CD "taps into a classic energy and transforms it into focused, fresh, and fiery ass-kicking anthems that encompass everything from sexy, swaggering rock 'n' roll, alternative expanse, blues bliss, and even a little ragtime flavor," according to ARTISTdirect.

Regarding SIXX: A.M.'s approach on "Modern Vintage", Michael tells Lithium Magazine: "We wanted to make a record that was in the spirit of the type of rock records that we liked growing up, from bands like QUEEN, Elton John, David Bowie, T.REX — those types of records. And it wasn't so much sonically that we were aiming for, it was to capture the spirit of how those records were actually made back then. And that really speaks more to the performances and to the songwriting side of it."

He adds: "In this day and age what we have come to realize is that people's perception of what makes a rock record, or what qualifies as a rock record has become very narrow recently. And we want to let people know that rock and roll is bigger than what is currently being peddled out there."

In addition to Michael, SIXX: A.M. features MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx and GUNS N' ROSES guitarist DJ Ashba. The band was formed formed to provide the soundtrack to Sixx's autobiography, "The Heroin Diaries", but quickly evolved into something much bigger than was originally planned.

"I have said this a lot, but it really is true: SIXX: A.M. is three friends that were brought together by music, but we're absolutely not held together by music. SIXX: A.M. music is a by-product of this terrific friendship that has grown between the three of us," Michael tells Lithium Magazine.

Once MÖTLEY CRÜE is done with its farewell tour, there are plans afoot for SIXX: A.M. to do a major international tour for the first time.

"It's a very thrilling time for us," James says. "MÖTLEY CRÜE is doing its final tour and a lot of doors are going to open up for us.

"We are so excited to be able to put SIXX: A.M. at the forefront of all of our lives.

"For the first two records, we weren't sure we were a band. And now we are so excited with this new album and the future that we know we are. We truly feel the sky is the limit.

"We are planning a big tour right now, and everything feels like it's happening at the right time."

That's fine with me as long as they don't come back for another Chinese Democracy tour so Axl can safely pocket a couple million whilst just dusting off a rare CD track and The Garden and believing GNR is progressing since 2010. I'd prefer they never came back onstage at all unless they got something refreshing to offer or what's the point?

• Like 1

There's nothing wrong with ashba's playing IMO

:rofl-lol:

Do you have YouTube restricted in your country or...?

The guy can't bend a note for shit and needs to simplify even the most simplest solos in the history of Guns N' Roses.

You show me someone who's never fucked up a note, go on ! Plenty of YouTube vids of slash fuckin il but does anyone say anything ? Fuck me

There's nothing wrong with ashba's playing IMO

:rofl-lol:

Do you have YouTube restricted in your country or...?

The guy can't bend a note for shit and needs to simplify even the most simplest solos in the history of Guns N' Roses.

You show me someone who's never fucked up a note, go on ! Plenty of YouTube vids of slash fuckin il but does anyone say anything ? Fuck me

You didn't understand what I said. I never said he "fucked up a note". I said that he can't bend a note and has decided to simplify even the simplest solos. That's what amateur guitarists do, if they can't play, they can't play.

I haven't heard anything from GNR in 20 years (SOTD cover) so I'm getting use to it. It sucks that in order to keep up with the band, we all have to listen to solo music but hey, it's better than nothing.

Yes. We get it. This is fake Gn'R. It's not really Guns N' Roses. Chinese sucks turds. It is the worst solo album ever made.

So the never ending tour is officially over? About fucking time.

Only took 13 years. Personally, I think Axl could have kept it going for a little bit longer. 2020 is a nice, round number.

• Like 1

I haven't heard anything from GNR in 20 years (SOTD cover) so I'm getting use to it. It sucks that in order to keep up with the band, we all have to listen to solo music but hey, it's better than nothing.

Yes. We get it. This is fake Gn'R. It's not really Guns N' Roses. Chinese sucks turds. It is the worst solo album ever made.

So the never ending tour is officially over? About fucking time.

Only took 13 years. Personally, I think Axl could have kept it going for a little bit longer. 2020 is a nice, round number.

CD is good with some great songs on it. The same can be said for all members albums over the years with the exception of maybe Steven. I just don't consider it GNR. To me, it's Axl's VR.

If it keeps Ashba away from GNR I say bring it on. The longer the better.

There's nothing wrong with ashba's playing IMO , just his image, looks a bit of a emo gay that wants to be in blink 182

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWsRy5FtWBM

too much cringe in one video....

btw that Patience "solo" would work on another song spot

The guy struggles even with his own solo compositions which is laughable. DJ murdered every TIL solo since 2009

he doesn't deserve this fat paycheck and position, imho

Edited by Motivation