Of all the songs that were never played or rarely played, which 1 would you like to see live?

So, as we know, not every song has been played live, and some have only been played 2-5 times in total since 1985 to date. So of these, exluding TSI?, if you could see one preformed live at a FUTURE gig, which one would you like to see live?

The songs never played are:

Get In The Ring

Don't Damn Me

My World

Shotgun Blues

Sympathy For The Devil

The songs rarely, (Less than 5) played are:

Bad Apples

Breakdown

Coma

Don't Cry Alt.

Garden of Eden

One In A Million

Personaly i would like to see the current lineup tackle Coma. See how they put their spin on an epic track. I would say Garden of Eden, but i don't feel Axl would be up to the challenge of the speed of the vocals now. He struggled in 1993. Listen to the live version from Texas in 1993 and you can hear he is struggling to keep up.

"AND IN THIS CORNER WEIGHING IN AT 850 POUNDS - GUNS N' ROSES !! "

I don't think Axl would sing this line nowadays.

Would be more like this:

"AND IN THIS CORNER WEIGHING IN AT A LITTLE MORE THAN 850 POUNDS - GUNS N' ROSES"

Or he could just say only his weight. Since the rest of the band isn't exactly GN'R.

• Like 2

So, as we know, not every song has been played live, and some have only been played 2-5 times in total since 1985 to date. So of these, exluding TSI?, if you could see one preformed live at a FUTURE gig, which one would you like to see live?

Get In The Ring

Don't Damn Me

My World

Shotgun Blues

Sympathy For The Devil

Bad Apples

Breakdown

Coma

Don't Cry Alt.

Garden of Eden

One In A Million

Personaly i would like to see the current lineup tackle Coma. See how they put their spin on an epic track. I would say Garden of Eden, but i don't feel Axl would be up to the challenge of the speed of the vocals now. He struggled in 1993. Listen to the live version from Texas in 1993 and you can hear he is struggling to keep up.

Was the final AFD version of Anything Goes ever played live?

I'd choose Lcocomotive, but it's not on the list :( So I'm gonna go with Coma

Locomotive was played 5 times, which is why i left it out. (4 times in 1991: 19/07/1991, 30/07/1991, 03/08/1991 and 13/12/1991 and just once in 1992: 20/02/1992)

Get In The Ring

Don't Damn Me

My World

Shotgun Blues

Sympathy For The Devil

Bad Apples

Breakdown

Coma

Don't Cry Alt.

Garden of Eden

One In A Million

Was the final AFD version of Anything Goes ever played live?

It may have been played in 1987 as it was a regular from 85-87 and with AFD being recorded in 87 it's possible it was played like the final version.

They are not in the list, but I'd love to hear Oh My God and Silkworms.

I hadn't including them as they were never offically released.

Breakdown (without the end speech ofc.)
Don't Damn Me is a damn good song

One in a Million
I would say Coma, but i doubt Axl can pulled it out in his 50's (same applies to Locomotive)

Pretty Tied Up would be cool

I wanna see this lineup have a bash at pretty tied up or bring back you're crazy

Appetite or Lies version?

obviously the AFD version, the Lies version played several times in the past few years

Edited by Motivation

GNR has such a small catalogue that we really should have been able to see every song multiple times. I mean, if they're going to play So Fine and Scraped then everything should be on the table unless Axl is physically incapable of singing the song. Yet another way Axl has shit on his biggest supporters.

I'd like to see Locomotive and The Garden.

• Like 3

"AND IN THIS CORNER WEIGHING IN AT 850 POUNDS - GUNS N' ROSES !! "

I don't think Axl would sing this line nowadays.

Would be more like this:

"AND IN THIS CORNER WEIGHING IN AT A LITTLE MORE THAN 850 POUNDS - GUNS N' ROSES"

Or he could just say only his weight. Since the rest of the band isn't exactly GN'R.

Yeah dude, he knows. That's why he only counted Axl's weight in the total.

I wish the 2001/2002 lineups had tried Coma. I think they would have done an epic job. I'd also like to hear GNR play Sympathy For the Devil live sometime, but it won't happen. I also wish Oh My God, Silkworms, Prostitute and There Was a Time were played more often.

Definitely Oh my god, as long as it is played early in the set so Axl can do it decently.

The band would nail Silkworms, also. Breakdown would be cool too, the new band would do a great job and Axl's voice from the latest shows would suit the song quite well

Edited by BreakDown2014

Good topic.

Except I don't care about Axl's band; They can play a 39 minutes version of COMA and it will probably suck, what a crap band full of professional musicians.

Sorry for that.

Anyway, if GNR ever gets back together again, I'd love to see they play NEW songs that I know they can write together in 5 minutes if they want to (or if they need to, or if they try to).

Apart from that, I'd love to see they playing AIN'T GOING DOWN and all the songs that were rarely played back in the days of gold.