Bon Scott vs. Brian Johnson

Powerage5

Bon Scott vs. Brian Johnson  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 8/25/2016 at 3:49 AM, Len Cnut said:

Well y'know how in America people from the big cities are considered cool and intelligent whereas the people from outside, as well as further down south are considered yokels?  Well we have the same thing here where people from London and the South East such as myself (of course!) and Pappy for another example are the cool intelligent ones and then people from up North or further down south by the coast and the ones in the middle are sort of the yokels :lol:  Now in the same way you have like Okies from Oaklahoma and then people from Texas and Delaware and New Orleans and they all come with their attendant stereotype we have the same thing here, for example Geordies are people from Newcastle, for famous examples you have Brian whatshisface from AC/DC, Sting (though he tries not to sound like one :lol:) and Jimmy Nail.  Then you have people from Liverpool, also sort of yokels, called scousers, famous examples include The Beatles etc, then you have the ones from Manchester or Mancs, people like Morrissey, Liam Gallagher, Ian Brown etc etc.  Listen to the way Ian Brown speaks...then listen to the way Charlie Watts and Pete Townshend speak...people like Ian Brown, Liam Gallagher, ever notice how you can barely understand what the fuck the latter are talking about yet Charlie Watts and Pete talk like human beings? :lol:  Thats the difference between our cool folk and the unintelligble northerners.  Forum examples include Diesel Daisy, Dazey, if you were to hear these people talk it is as if they have been shot in the throat and are gurgling incoherently prior to their untimely demise :lol:

Right, so thats a bit of background, now Geordies are ones from Newcastle, i equated Bon to them in look because...well, he dressed a bit like a hick, tight jeans, hairy chest, great bit long permy metaller hair, thats my mental image of Bon, God rest his dear soul.  'propping up the Saloon bar' I'm sure you know what that means, the sawdust reference I'm sure you know what that means if you're from Texas ( no offence :lol: ) and the word 'gaff' just means place, in the way Americans might say joint, sawdust joint, sawdust gaff.  I hope this was helpful! :D

basically us lads from the south east dress cool, listen to better music, drive better cars and generally live in the here and now :lol:

you and most people who don't really know the big cities in Texas are mistaken, they are far from yokels! they have some of the world's best food in some absolutely gorgeous restaurants with top notch chefs. the who's who are really gorgeous people; the women are dripping in diamonds and shop at Nordstrom's and many high end boutiques. now because Texas is bigger than your whole country is, just like Britain there are the skeezy areas as well. i don't recommend hanging in the dive bars off Old Weatherford Hwy for example. but don't lump Texas as a whole; full of yokels chomping on chewy tobaccy and speaking with heavy Texas drawls ( a completely different animal from say, a thick and syrupy Georgia Southern accent.) i was born in a small town in but he moved to the Dallas area when i was in 2nd grade, when after a few years we went back to visit my hometown i was like why are all these people talking like hicks.

so yeah we lassies from the big towns in Texas are cool talkers, love the best music, drive expensive autos and everyone knows all the prettiest girls are all from Texas ;)

Now of course when you speak of Okies from Oklahoma i have to agree with you about them! :lol:

p.s. never went into a bar with sawdust on the floor, did you get that idea Urban Cowboy or something?? :lol:

4 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

you and most people who don't really know the big cities in Texas are mistaken, they are far from yokels! they have some of the world's best food in some absolutely gorgeous restaurants with top notch chefs. the who's who are really gorgeous people; the women are dripping in diamonds and shop at Nordstrom's and many high end boutiques. now because Texas is bigger than your whole country is, just like Britain there are the skeezy areas as well. i don't recommend hanging in the dive bars off Old Weatherford Hwy for example. but don't lump Texas as a whole; full of yokels chomping on chewy tobaccy and speaking with heavy Texas drawls ( a completely different animal from say, a thick and syrupy Georgia Southern accent.) i was born in a small town in but he moved to the Dallas area when i was in 2nd grade, when after a few years we went back to visit my hometown i was like why are all these people talking like hicks.

so yeah we lassies from the big towns in Texas are cool talkers, love the best music, drive expensive autos and everyone knows all the prettiest girls are all from Texas ;)

Now of course when you speak of Okies from Oklahoma i have to agree with you about them! :lol:

p.s. never went into a bar with sawdust on the floor, did you get that idea Urban Cowboy or something?? :lol:

I sort of inadvertedly drew Texas into this argument whilst trying to bait the forums northerners :lol:

And no, sawdust joints exist here too although less and less so, as indeed pubs in general are dying out.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1