How much money have you spent on GN'R?

Through your whole life how much money have you spent on GN'R?

This could be buying albums, merchandise, going to concerts etc.

Just to clarify, the spending doesnt have to end up with GN'R directly so f ex accommodation and transport in relation to a concert can be included. So its just the total amount of money that you had to spend to get something GN'R related. Or if you like you could make a distinction in your answer and say how much you spent in total and how much of that went directly to GN'R

Not all that much, I bought the albums on cassette and then CD, and a few of them on CD again when they got stolen or lost...a few T shirts back in the day, and most expensive of all, a ticket to a concert.

Exactly this

Likely around $5000-$6000.

On merch alone I'd say it's around $2000, as I spent $1k on Alan Niven's RIAA Gold Album award for Appetite. Also in my GNR treasure chest is a sealed vinyl copy of every GNR album (including a sealed copy of the Live Like a Suicide EP). My other favourite is the limited edition Use Your Illusion CD set (#653 of 2000). As well, I almost always bought a t-shirt or some sort of merch from each concert I saw.

Been to 14 concerts, some of which I took dates (meaning I was buying more than just my ticket). Probably $1800-$2000 on tickets. Traveled to NYC (twice), Detroit, Boston, Philadelphia, Ottawa, Quebec City and Paris to see the band perform, so probably looking at another $1500 in travel expenses.

It's a fair chunk of change, but I don't regret a single penny spent.

• Like 1

90s

- 4 or 5 shirts - $50 - Stoned in La and One in a Million - always in the worst possible taste.

- 1 metal crucifix pin badge AFD cover and 1 GNR patch. $5

- AFD 2 Tapes, 2 cds $50

- Lies tape/Cd $20

- UYI tapes/CD $50

- Spag incident - 2 cds - $20

= $195

00s

- Live Era/GH $30

- Festival show $100

= $130

08- present

- 09 show ticket probably $250

- CD album $20 dollars and $10,000 of therapy bills

- I paid for a live stream $5?

= $10, 275

Grande Total = $10,600

That's probably 1 bottle of wine to Axl. The '79 Chateau neuf de papa has a nice finsih.

Edited by wasted

I don't begrudge the guy buying his razzmatazz and hooplah with the hard earned cash from performing for three hours, sometimes spectacularly, regardless of why the crowds really flock in numbers, nor his bountiful history of songs he has conjured for us, it's just interesting to see how invested/committed he is to moving on and creating more music since the label most likely want little to do with it until he fronts some of his fortune up since he'd want huge production and promotion for it.

Through your whole life how much money have you spent on GN'R?

This could be buying albums, merchandise, going to concerts etc.

Just to clarify, the spending doesnt have to end up with GN'R directly so f ex accommodation and transport in relation to a concert can be included. So its just the total amount of money that you had to spend to get something GN'R related. Or if you like you could make a distinction in your answer and say how much you spent in total and how much of that went directly to GN'R

Hi,

Nothing overall. I purchased AFD, Lies, UYI 1 and 2 on CD. I also paid for a concert in London in the 90's. I have been to loads of other stuff for free, the last freebie was a Leeds Festival, not because of Guns, it was because I knew the security people. I studied in Leeds for my degree :)

Everything else was free, but I had a record with Don't Cry and other stuff before the release of UYI, and I sold that for 200 pounds years ago, so overall, I even out