Have You Ever Been in Love?

magisme

Romantic love is self-destructive in theory. It's making yourself less than whole to complement another person (Taoism, yin and yang, etc.) Have you ever wondered why people with low self-esteem bounce around from relationship-to-relationship like live-action pinball, seemingly unable to be single?

Love is perfect when the utility is marriage; children; or the transfer of property. Otherwise, it's a feeble explanation for a naturally-occurring, biological phenomenon as the result of 200,000 years of evolution. With that being said, I'm sure I'll be at the altar one day like the rest of ya. :thumbsup:

Yes, but I am not even trying to explain the concept.

One of my favorite things is to talk about relationships with strangers when we are stuck

somewhere for a longer time like a night train or just about anywhere. Strangers are

often more open about their lives than people we know. Some of the stories I have been

told are like chapters of some fascinating book.

There are all kinds of relationships and each relationship is different for each party.

This is one representation of how I see it at the moment.

Reasons for starting a relationship or staying together:

0.1 To avoid boredom, a habit, fear of loneliness

0.2 One is expected to live in a relationship

0.3 Regular sex

0.4 Monetary obligations, money, more money together

0.5 Providing a home for the kids

0.6 Friendship, liking the other person

0.7 Good sex and friendship

0.8 A similar sense of humour, friendship and great sex

1 Love: infatuation, weak knees, not able to think clear when the other person is in the same room

2 Love: a loving connection, feelings of love towards the other person, many sublevels 2.1, 2.2 etc.

3 Love: a shared personal, universal and unconditional love, levitation, heavenly – rare 1/100 000

4 Love: a total explosion – rare 1/1 000 000

• Like 2

Yes , i was .

I say you can be sure that you were in love for someone, when you can look back even if you didnt have the fairy tale ending and say "yeah , i suffered but i wouldnt change what i lived , and felt ". Fortunally i have that ...yeah it didnt work , but what i lived with that person , was and still is very important and dear to me .

As anything brings good and bad things , even in the most beautiful love stories im sure there are moments of pain and uncertainty. Dunno , people see the "romantic love" as a magic cure for everything inside of you , and in your life ....not really .Someone can love you , and you can love her back, sure that will help you , bring joy ...but if you arent able to work on whatever you have to work , even that love will get ruined ...

Anyway to this day im still very thankfull for the fact that one day i could enjoy that feeling , something so real that made me be honest and open ...

There was no plan, i just had to follow what i felt , always knowing the possible consequences. Thats the most incredible and exciting thing about it, the choice you make of giving yourself to that feeling...such a brave thing to do .

Edited by love&hates
  • Like 1

It really is an opaque word.

I love my wife but what we have now is like a log fire that glowers and warms, very controllable and very predictable. Not like falling in love which is like when paper and small pieces of wood catches fire and you get that bonfire that is just wild and explosive and you have no idea how it is going to end, to keep on burning, smolder out or just blow out in an instant.

Not that I miss all aspects of being young with a crazy heart. Unrequited love is agonizing. When you can't sleep nor eat. But the high when you get the "dream girl" beats everything. The thrill of being alone for the first time. The touch. The kiss. Reciprocal love has literally sent me dancing through the streets. It is the biggest high for me. And of course I will miss that. Not that I would change anything.

• Like 2