Dio years vs Ozzy years

WFA

Dio or Ozzy  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I look at the original band, the first time around as one thing that is best not compared with everything that came after it, including when they reunited with Ozzy.

It's not fair to pit Dio fronted Sabbath or Blizzard Of Ozz/ solo Ozzy against the 70's albums and band- Ozzy against the Sabbath incarnations would be a fairer comparison.

Out of all of them, Bill Ward's solo albums are the most like the 70's Sabbath.

Personally, I think Ozzy was on fire in the 80's and 90's, but really dropped off- Dio had it all over Ozzy later on.

Edited by DR DOOM

I'm going with Dio. Heaven and Hell and the Devil You Know are awesome Sabbath album, IMO their best.

I like DIO era (and the DYK album) he is probably the second best frontman after Ozzy, but Ozzy is the ultimate frontman for them

I even like the Martin. Gillan, and Ray era, but to me Ozzy Sabbath is the real deal

Dio is the correct answer. And I'd also take Tony Martin and Ian Gillan over Ozzy too.

There's no such thing as "correct answer" exist in this case

dio. i got into metal and sabbath through heaven and hell and it has remained my favorite album of all time. when it comes to sabbath the dio and ozzy years are the best but to me i love all era's of sabbath. the only bad albums sabbath put out was forbidden and 13, and even those albums have some standout tracks.

solo wise dio has it over ozzy in terms of consistency. dio only really had one huge misstep and that was with angry machines, but that album still has some standout tracks. ozzy's solo albums have been awful and has been for a decade now. dio's last 3 solo albums were really good and to me he has one of the most underrated albums in metal history in strange highways, that album could be his best solo album but it came out at the wrong time.