Do you like your job

Duff27

Ah , well i have two jobs . Both part time...more recently i started working in a call center thing. I mean i call people trying to sell them packages related to internet , cable , mobiles ..all that kind of stuff. I hate it so much , cause i feel all the time like im bothering people lol wich is many times true ...especially during dinner time. Im always"im so sorry , i didnt mean to disturb your dinner" bla bla . Is just not really my thing to try and push people to buy something . I mean in my other job , the client goes inside the store because he is looking for something ....is not like i have to push him, try to force him to buy. Plus i feel like a machine , because im always saying the same thing over and over again , like a broken record . Blaaaaaah

I have so much sympathy for people who do cold-calling as a job. Not for the companies that think it's an acceptable way to sell their products, but the people who have to do it, absolutely. It must be utterly thankless most of the time.

• Like 2

Considering I just spent Sunday afternoon doing what I do Monday to Friday for a living, but for my own personal use and benefit, I definitely LOVE my job.

I just started working on an outfit for the races at the Melbourne Cup, horse racing carnival. Today was pattern making for the bodice. Still have to do the lower section and make a hat. I know exactly what I'm going to do, so it's just a matter of making it perfect.

In all truth, if I won the lottery tonight I would still get up and go to work tomorrow. Work is one of the most satisfying and important things in my life. It's not just about money, it's about personal satisfaction, accomplishment and divulging in my passion. In fact, the only thing that makes it 'work' is some of the numbskulls I have to work with. But the experience I'm gaining at someone else's expense is priceless IMO. AND I'm getting paid to do it. :awesomeface:

I've never liked work. Can't stand it.

I mean I've worked and had a decent track record of employment. Worked food service in high school and in college. It wasn't too bad. I just did mind numbing shit for no pay like make sandwiches, wash dishes, wipe counters, pretend to give a shit about coworkers lives and whatnot. The pay sucked but the learning curve wasn't too hard and although I was fairly stressed out at first I picked up the job after a few blunders.

I got an internship last summer. That was bizarre. I was pretty much kept in a corner and browsed the internet all day. To be honest I'm not quite sure why they brought me in. But I was never terminated or reprimanded or even talked to. I literally sat there for eight hours a day and browsed the forum. I swear if I didn't show up nobody would have even noticed. I don't get it. I left though and went back to school.

Then after graduation I got an office job that lasted two months.

Now I'm unemployed!

Got into a fight with family too. I don't know. My dad is pissed off, rightfully so, and I'm probably sleeping in the car tonight. I will be homeless someday. I know I will.

Like I just can't imagine wasting my fucking time anymore. School was different for some reason. I just had to pretend to give a flying fuck and I got through it, but work is a different animal. I've never had a good work ethic. I'm lazy as shit and my family has given up on me. Rightfully so.

No damn interest entertaining this world with my fucking presence. I don't want any part of it.

Yes but I'm overworked as fuck at the moment and it never seems to end.

How many hours a week do you do?
Well its about 55 or so at the moment. That might not be a HUUUGE problem for some but when it's some time to travel ie. Over an hour each way, then it starts to eat into things especially given I'm studying at the moment too. It'll definitely be over 60 hours this week. It's annoying because it's been going like that for 4 months or so and we've never been given direction as to when it's gonna be all over regarding continuous improvement projects and the like.

I don't like my job as such, i'd much rather have all my time to myself but i know it's a necessity that facilitates my enjoying my spare time in the best way possible at this time (i.e. with money in my pocket) so there you go, greater questions are often posed in the shape of song, such as:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HZ04FPK0S8

however i feel i can deal with the issues the song raises with my ample penis :) It fits my tiny hands you see :lol:

Edited by Lennie Godber

Yes but I'm overworked as fuck at the moment and it never seems to end.

How many hours a week do you do?
Well its about 55 or so at the moment. That might not be a HUUUGE problem for some but when it's some time to travel ie. Over an hour each way, then it starts to eat into things especially given I'm studying at the moment too. It'll definitely be over 60 hours this week. It's annoying because it's been going like that for 4 months or so and we've never been given direction as to when it's gonna be all over regarding continuous improvement projects and the like.

I don't disagree with you there, and if they don't want to burn people out the management needs to be realistic as to what they can reasonably expect from their staff. But it's becoming fairly common these days so soon it will be standard to have that expectation regardless of whether you have to travel a long way or have to feed and organise kids when you get home, etc.

Get to work with one of my buddies tomorrow. Only thing that sucks is that it will be a Monday and a busy day, but my home store does like three times as much scripts so it won't be so bad.

Also, my new pharmacist is cute. Very green though, they always give us graduates and once they get good they transfer them. Or if they suck they keep them there then eventually transferred to a store so outrageously busy they quit. It is what happened to my last pharmacist. They won't fire them because they would get unemployment.

Ah , well i have two jobs . Both part time...more recently i started working in a call center thing. I mean i call people trying to sell them packages related to internet , cable , mobiles ..all that kind of stuff. I hate it so much , cause i feel all the time like im bothering people lol wich is many times true ...especially during dinner time. Im always"im so sorry , i didnt mean to disturb your dinner" bla bla . Is just not really my thing to try and push people to buy something . I mean in my other job , the client goes inside the store because he is looking for something ....is not like i have to push him, try to force him to buy. Plus i feel like a machine , because im always saying the same thing over and over again , like a broken record . Blaaaaaah

I have so much sympathy for people who do cold-calling as a job. Not for the companies that think it's an acceptable way to sell their products, but the people who have to do it, absolutely. It must be utterly thankless most of the time.

Thanks :) . Is true , by the end of it my only joy is knowing i will walk home fast,while listening to the radio on my cell ..finally my personal world . After hearing , insults , sometimes people with sad stories ...because there are so many lonely people out there , that when they get a call from anyone they just vent. There was one time that trully made my heart get smaller ..i got this 80 something years old lady , so i was going to hang up because i couldnt sell nothing to her ...but she started talking , saying "im sorry " and such obviously i answered she had nothing to be sorry about ..and she started talking and talking ...got to a point she said "the best thing god could do for me , would be taking me ". It was one of those calls i will never forget... i knew that according to my job i should just tried to hang up on her as fast as i could in a polite way , but how could i hang up withouth saying something to try cheer her up somehow? I know , is not like my words can make a huge diference ...but i just couldnt be cold when i was hearing such speech.

And Redhead77 you are lucky for being so happy and inspired by your job , but seems you work hard so you deserve that .

I've never liked work. Can't stand it.

I mean I've worked and had a decent track record of employment. Worked food service in high school and in college. It wasn't too bad. I just did mind numbing shit for no pay like make sandwiches, wash dishes, wipe counters, pretend to give a shit about coworkers lives and whatnot. The pay sucked but the learning curve wasn't too hard and although I was fairly stressed out at first I picked up the job after a few blunders.

I got an internship last summer. That was bizarre. I was pretty much kept in a corner and browsed the internet all day. To be honest I'm not quite sure why they brought me in. But I was never terminated or reprimanded or even talked to. I literally sat there for eight hours a day and browsed the forum. I swear if I didn't show up nobody would have even noticed. I don't get it. I left though and went back to school.

Then after graduation I got an office job that lasted two months.

Now I'm unemployed!

Got into a fight with family too. I don't know. My dad is pissed off, rightfully so, and I'm probably sleeping in the car tonight. I will be homeless someday. I know I will.

Like I just can't imagine wasting my fucking time anymore. School was different for some reason. I just had to pretend to give a flying fuck and I got through it, but work is a different animal. I've never had a good work ethic. I'm lazy as shit and my family has given up on me. Rightfully so.

No damn interest entertaining this world with my fucking presence. I don't want any part of it.

Is your therapist helping you at all?

What about being a writer? You are a really strong writer, very creative and have a way with words.

I don't like my job as such, i'd much rather have all my time to myself but i know it's a necessity that facilitates my enjoying my spare time in the best way possible at this time (i.e. with money in my pocket) so there you go, greater questions are often posed in the shape of song, such as:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HZ04FPK0S8

however i feel i can deal with the issues the song raises with my ample penis :) It fits my tiny hands you see :lol:

Wrong on all levels