Is there any food you've been afraid to try but ended up loving

Duff27

Yes, on a trip with some friends, in Lyon, I ate Quenelle, and I wasn't convinced at all. I loved it, and since then I haven't been able to find it here in my country

It was like this quenelles-brochet-sauce-nantua-2.jpg

Was only the plate his or did you eat it at his restaurant ? Might be tough topping that one somewhere else then :lol:

Yes, on a trip with some friends, in Lyon, I ate Quenelle, and I wasn't convinced at all. I loved it, and since then I haven't been able to find it here in my country

It was like this quenelles-brochet-sauce-nantua-2.jpg

Was only the plate his or did you eat it at his restaurant ? Might be tough topping that one somewhere else then :lol:

:lol: I was told it is a typical lyonnais dish, and I've been at a couple of french restaurants here in my country but I usually take the first thing I see so next time I'll make sure to ask if they have it

:lol: I was told it is a typical lyonnais dish, and I've been at a couple of french restaurants here in my country but I usually take the first thing I see so next time I'll make sure to ask if they have it

I actually meant if you were in Bocuse's restaurant. :lol:

• Like 1

Haggis.

Was very nervous to try it, but when I'm in Scotland now I eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Incidentally, that's going to be in 2,5 weeks! ^_^

Damn it you're always there when I'm not :lol:

Well, you keep running off every time I'm in Scotland. Makes me think it's on purpose. :max:

It's the 11th until the 19th this time. But it's going to be remote area's all the way. I think we're flying on Inverness and visiting places like Ben Nevis, Skye and Orkney. ;)

Why would you eat something, you are afraid of?

Cultural enrichment! ^_^ Most food is only disgusting because we think it is. ;)

Stop sounding like the kind of Dutchy who brings loads of hagelslag, drop and potatoes on vacation. :P

• Like 1