Is there any food you've been afraid to try but ended up loving

Duff27

I remember being a little skeptical when I first tried sushi, but that was it and it was my idea to try it (my choice for where to go for my 17th birthday party) so it's not like anyone dragged me there or anything, i just wanted to do something special for me and the guys who threw me the party had never tried sushi before either so, so, was all good.

I cant think of anything which I havent wanted to try but then ended up liking, although when I was little (like 8 years old or so) I remember not wanting to try Tiramisu. My aunt had made some one day and I flat out refused to try it (I dunno what I was so afraid of) so my mum sent me to my room and wouldnt let me out until I agreed to try it, of course I ended up loving it :)

Vegemite is ghastly. It actually tastes like yeast scum.

Liver and marmite sandwiches. A winning combination!

Starbucks will be selling them from next year. Get ready to Livermite your life!I thought

I thought you of all people would appreciate Vegemite, as it tastes like bong grot.

Scrape your bong out and get Vegemite for free!

I'm not a real Vegemite fan though, it needs more salt ;)

Vegemite is ghastly. It actually tastes like yeast scum.

Liver and marmite sandwiches. A winning combination!

Starbucks will be selling them from next year. Get ready to Livermite your life!I thought

I thought you of all people would appreciate Vegemite, as it tastes like bong grot.

Scrape your bong out and get Vegemite for free!

I'm not a real Vegemite fan though, it needs more salt ;)

Eaxactly and Marmite has more salt. Case closed on True Detective 3 - Marmite King and the Vegemite Hos. Step away from the green paint, sir. Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

The secret to Vegemite is you don't spread it on your toast too thick. Heaps of butter and eat it while the toast is hot.

That and a beer and breakfast is sorted. Bloody beautiful, mate.

Was just about to say this, whenever you see "the vegemite test" it's always spread way too thick, or even "better" a big spoonful...doing it wrong.

I make Marmite into a drink. Add hotwater.

Please tell me you are kidding?

Vegemite soup is (or was when I was that age) a pretty common meal for uni students on a budget. Never went that far myself, though.

I was obviously never hard up enough as a student to resort to making soup out of marmite! :D

Morrisons bettabuy baked beans were 8p a tin back in those days so I ate plenty of beans on toast

Edited by sturginho

I lived on a box of yellow spread for 3 weeks once. I should have just got a loan but I spent all the money on booze in a week. Was to hungover to care. I also stole people's baked potatoes out of the microwave. It was me!

I lived on a box...

Edited by wasted