Anybody interested in buying a GN'R leather Jacket? (Signed by past members - Slash, Duff, Matt, Steven & Gilby)

sploit

The only reason I am offering this up for sale is because since becoming vegetarian about 2 years ago, I have gradually been getting rid of any leather stuff (this is pretty much the last thing) and as such no longer want the jacket (hoping to meet them all again at some point and get my denim one signed instead)...

...the jacket was signed by Slash, Duff and Matt at a Velvet Revolver meet n' greet at the O2 Academy in Newcastle - March 2008.

...it was then signed by Steven at an Adler's Appetite gig at The Duchess in York - February 2011.

...and then it was signed by Gilby at a solo concert of his at Bannerman's Bar in Edinburgh - February 2012.

(all signatures written with the same silver marker - which I would throw in with the jacket).

Pictures of the jacket:

http://s120.photobucket.com/user/sploit/library/GNR%20Jacket%20Signed

Edited by sploit

The animal has already died. You may as well hang onto it.

That line didn't work for Ed Gein, don't see why it should for him :D

Also, I mean, you're getting rid of it because, even though the animals already dead, you don't feel right wearing his dead skin, right? Well then whys it alright to sell it, surely thats worse than eating or wearing it because you are profiting from the death of an animal.

Edited by Lennie Godber

In my own opinion, I think it's silly having Matt and Steven sign it :/ just my own opinion, but it is a nice jacket

Why is it silly to have them both sign it? They have both played a part in music that has been created...

How much are you selling it for?

Sorry, should have mentioned in original post. Looking for £350. I paid a good amount for it originally and also spent a lot acquiring the signatures too.

because since becoming vegetarian

sounds more like a veganist...

No, I eat eggs, cheese etc.

The animal has already died. You may as well hang onto it.

That line didn't work for Ed Gein, don't see why it should for him :D

Also, I mean, you're getting rid of it because, even though the animals already dead, you don't feel right wearing his dead skin, right? Well then whys it alright to sell it, surely thats worse than eating or wearing it because you are profiting from the death of an animal.

Not profiting just looking to pass it on and gain back what I spent on it...then I can put the money into something that I would be more happy with.

In my own opinion, I think it's silly having Matt and Steven sign it :/ just my own opinion, but it is a nice jacket

How so? Popcorn Adler, who played on Appetite; Matty Sorum, Illusion! The omission of their autographs would actually look odd if the original poster had acquired Axl's and Izzy's as, they would be the only old band members missing!

I wonder how Axl would react if you produced something for him to sign which had a Slash autograph on it?

How so? Popcorn Adler, who played on Appetite; Matty Sorum, Illusion! The omission of their autographs would actually look odd if the original poster had acquired Axl's and Izzy's as, they would be the only old band members missing!

I wonder how Axl would react if you produced something for him to sign which had a Slash autograph on it?

He'd shed his implants :lol:

He'd shed his implants :lol:

I would not have done that as I would not want to piss him off. I would respect the fact he doesn't wanna be reminded of him.

True story though, Slash reacted negatively to the jacket...

He said, "You do relaise I don't get paid for this right?" Then he looked at Matt and Duff and said "You guys can tell I am not bitter right?"

I have heard reports that Slash is a bit, wankerish, around autograph hunters - a bit like a few cricketers I know! Who was the nicest of Guns N' Roses when you got it signed?

All the others were really cool about it.

Steven has been nice both times I met him. Not sure if he was drunk, but he was cool anyways.

Duff n Matt were cool at Velvet Revolver meet n greet, both very happy etc. Slash was overall pretty cool too, but he just wasn't happy bout the jacket. He seemed a bit uncomfortable though, maybe he isn't into to the whole meeting fans thing, he signed my girlfriend's back though, and she got it tattooed later on. She also asked him for a hug and he gave her a hug.

Met Duff again with Loaded and I got him to sign a Drunk Fux shirt that I purchased off ebay a few years ago.

Gilby is really cool, he was impressed that I had gathered the signatures of each of the others and seemed really pleased to be signing it.

All of them were friendly really, just that Slash made that comment bout the jacket. Lol

Also met Dizzy, Bumble, DJ at GN'R meet n greet, they were all really friendly too.

UPDATE: have been asked if I have the bandana that originally came with this. Answer to that is YES.

Edited by sploit