Our enemies, Islamic State, attack Syrian Kurds, refugees flood Turkish border

WFA

Can i ask a broad question of the Americans here, as a matter of curiosity? Do you feel a greater attachment to America or to whatever your heritage might be, if it's like Irish or Scotish or a mix of stuff or...how does it work for you?

I'm American, first and foremost.

That being said, I'm also first generation American, with Italian heritage.... at least half my family still resides in Italy....so naturally, I also feel attached to Italy, the culture, etc.

Can i ask a broad question of the Americans here, as a matter of curiosity? Do you feel a greater attachment to America or to whatever your heritage might be, if it's like Irish or Scotish or a mix of stuff or...how does it work for you?

That being said, I'm also first generation American, with Italian heritage.... at least half my family still resides in Italy....so naturally, I also feel attached to Italy, the culture, etc.

Translated, he waves his hands about a bit and brags a bit about being from the 'old country' to pull birds.

• Like 3

Why America over Italy?

Translated, he waves his hands about a bit and brags a bit about being from the 'old country' to pull birds.

:lol:

Nah, not that bad. Although I was partially raised there...spent just about every summer of my life there growing up. So when I talk about being Italian, it's the real deal. ;)

Why America over Italy?

I was born and raised here. Went to school here, work here, had my son here, etc. That being said, I don't necessarily rule out retiring to Italy one day....or living there "part time".

Turkish government agrees to military action against IS.

http://news.yahoo.com/turkey-considers-iraq-syria-incursions-070254660.html

They will attack then get their asses kick and give up, because the Turks are bitches like that.

I have heard that during the Korean War, the Chinese were terrified of the Turks and would pray to their ancestors, or gods (or whatever the fuck it is that they pray to) to keep them safe at night from the Turks. Apparently, the Turkish soldiers would sneak into their camps and slice their throats as they slept, or so the story goes.

Turkish government agrees to military action against IS.

http://news.yahoo.com/turkey-considers-iraq-syria-incursions-070254660.html

They will attack then get their asses kick and give up, because the Turks are bitches like that.

There's about a zero chance of that happening. What part of: 300,000 troops + a real military, air force, special forces, etc...will absolutely destroy 10,000 terrorists, don't you understand?.....like every time bro....it's not even debatable.

Edited by Kasanova King

ISIS have beheaded another British citizen.

Obviously the bombings have not stopped them. The US and it's allies will be marching into Syria very soon. It's the only way to hunt them down and kill them.

Either that or it's the only way to make more of them, but fuck it, why pay attention to the results since 9/11/2001? Bombs away! Ground forces march!

I identify with the families of those people getting their heads cut off. I want justice for them no matter where they are from.

Edit: To answer your question Lenny, it's not like a ballgame to me, what with an allegiance to any side. I want someone to go in and get those bastards. I don't care who does it. Someone needs to get them. I want them to stop killing people from all over the world and from all religions or those of no religion.

Edited by AdriftatSea

I identify with the families of those people getting their heads cut off. I want justice for them no matter where they are from.
Maybe you could get Obama to have a quiet word with King Abdullah.

Maybe you could get Obama to have a quiet word with King Abdullah.

What can Obama do? You must be an American as am I. This is not something an American can fix. What good did we do for Iraq? This has got to be dealt with locally.

Correction: Not locally, it must be dealt with regionally.

Edited by AdriftatSea

:lol:

Nah, not that bad. Although I was partially raised there...spent just about every summer of my life there growing up. So when I talk about being Italian, it's the real deal. ;)

The real, tomato stained splodged vest, deal. Ladies, be way!

• Like 1

Obviously the bombings have not stopped them. The US and it's allies will be marching into Syria very soon. It's the only way to hunt them down and kill them

This is why public opinion should never influence military strategy. I know we are a democracy and have a right to know but let the military do their thing.

This is what fucked the whole "War on Terrorism" in the first place. It should have been fought quietly, more covert. Some bodies here and there. But the public want to see our "troops" going in there, fucking shit up, killing Muslims by the thousands.

The goal is probably to push ISIL out of Iraq and into Syria. Their stronghold and base of operations seems to be the Syrian city of Raqqa. They just need to move towards it, inch by inch.

• Like 1

Obviously the bombings have not stopped them. The US and it's allies will be marching into Syria very soon. It's the only way to hunt them down and kill them

This is why public opinion should never influence military strategy. I know we are a democracy and have a right to know but let the military do their thing.

This is what fucked the whole "War on Terrorism" in the first place. It should have been fought quietly, more covert. Some bodies here and there. But the public want to see our "troops" going in there, fucking shit up, killing Muslims by the thousands.

The goal is probably to push ISIL out of Iraq and into Syria. Their stronghold and base of operations seems to be the Syrian city of Raqqa. They just need to move towards it, inch by inch.

Exactly. Bush spent a trillion dollars on the Iraq War, sent in tens of thousands of troops....and he still let Bin Laden get away. Obama decided to do it your way, used intelligence, sent in a couple of dozen Navy Seals....and got Bin Laden....with minimal expense and little to no casualties.

The U.S. has more or less figured out that these terrorist groups are defeated through the use of intelligence, smart weapon technology and just like you say - covert/special force missions. You take them from the top down....cut off their heads, eventually the rest will follow.

What worked was tracking key guys in the network. Those associated with the big names. Then they detain them, torture them and get information. That lead to the name of a courier which tracked them to Bin Laden's hideout in Abottabad.

Obama loves using the drones. Problem is they are causing a lot of collateral damages.

What worked was tracking key guys in the network. Those associated with the big names. Then they detain them, torture them and get information. That lead to the name of a courier which tracked them to Bin Laden's hideout in Abottabad.

Obama loves using the drones. Problem is they are causing a lot of collateral damages.

Invading a country (like we did Iraq) vs. a few targeted drone strikes. Which one will have more collateral damage? ;)

The air strikes are the initial stages. They are just as useful as a psychological tool (they know we are aware and they have to constantly watch their backs, above, etc) as they are in destroying meeting places, headquarters, supplies, resources used by IS, etc.

The next steps (or concurrently) should be to gather intelligence and to possibly target higher ranking ISIS leaders through even more targeted air strikes or maybe even extremely covert special ops. Eventually, when enough of their leaders are done away with, just like what happened to Al Quaeda, will happen to them - disorganization, chaos, etc. The allies on the ground (allied Syrian rebel forces), Turkey, the Iraq army (yes, they are still around), Saudi Arabia, etc....should be enough to weed out whatever is left and to maintain peace in the region....at least for a while...

Edited by Kasanova King

Collateral damage is horrible no matter what the scale. That is why it was good they went for the raid option instead of blowing up the compound. They had civilians, women and children. One woman was killed but she was either going for a weapon or had a weapon in hand. Bin Laden may have used one of his wives as a shield but the SEAL had good aim.

ISIS is a different animal than Al Qaeda. Al Qaeda moved secretly, ISIS is out in the open. They are an actual state. So going at them in a more conventional sense is the logical option. They may have maybe 40,000 fighters, but these guys are committed. That is enough.