Jimmy Page looking to form new band and Tour

Amir

Ya, I'm there for sure!!! Honestly he should get David Coverdale. Either him or Paul Rodgers, go big Jimmy. No Myles "no stage presence" Kennedy, get a REAL frontman.

I was thinking he should try out Andrew Stockdale. I always thought By the Sword sounded like what a 21st centruy zeppelin could sound like, if transported thru time.

Either that, or maybe do something like slash did on his 1st solo album and settle on a backing band and then have different singers do different songs

Ya, I'm there for sure!!! Honestly he should get David Coverdale. Either him or Paul Rodgers, go big Jimmy. No Myles "no stage presence" Kennedy, get a REAL frontman.

I was thinking he should try out Andrew Stockdale. I always thought By the Sword sounded like what a 21st centruy zeppelin could sound like, if transported thru time.

Either that, or maybe do something like slash did on his 1st solo album and settle on a backing band and then have different singers do different songs

A bunch of different singers would be cool, I don't know how fesable that is from a monetary stand point, unless they are all complete unknowns. But honestly I'd prefer quality over quantity, get someone good Jimmy.

Good news

A Led Zep reunion would be pointless since Plant hasn't been able to hit those high notes

It is staggering how much people can be in denial about that.

I much preferred Michael Lee on drums.

I find he was more suitable for the reworked songs they did in Unledded album. BUT once it came time to actually replicate the Zeppelin material accurately at full volume, he was exposed as being grossly underqualified. I dunno what he's doing here, but he sounds like the guy from a bar band trying to play R&R with no feel or groove.

Edited by moreblack

• 4 weeks later...

Well, for fuck's sake

Taken from a poster from the LZ forum-

http://www.thefox.co...-page-12904343/

At the end of the interview, he says (regarding his tour plans) that "I'm just playing fun with the Internet" because he likes the idea of forum posters "chatting on for days and staying up all night waiting for the next posting while I'm just having a good time and acting normally." (Not sure what "acting normally" means, really.) Based on this interview, along with the other evasive passively-worded statements of "I'd like to be seen playing," I'm guessing that we won't be seeing him anytime soon. As if that wasn't already apparent.

I listened, thats what he said. So there you go, I'd bet a toe he won't tour next year

Well, for fuck's sake

Taken from a poster from the LZ forum-

http://www.thefox.co...-page-12904343/

At the end of the interview, he says (regarding his tour plans) that "I'm just playing fun with the Internet" because he likes the idea of forum posters "chatting on for days and staying up all night waiting for the next posting while I'm just having a good time and acting normally." (Not sure what "acting normally" means, really.) Based on this interview, along with the other evasive passively-worded statements of "I'd like to be seen playing," I'm guessing that we won't be seeing him anytime soon. As if that wasn't already apparent.

I listened, thats what he said. So there you go, I'd bet a toe he won't tour next year

God dammit.