The '92 Guns N' Roses / Metallica Tour - You Think You Know Classic Rock?

I saw that tour twice, it was amazing!

I saw 2 shows on the tour as well.

Felt that Metallica easily were the better show both nights. And also the crowd was mostly pro-Metallica and literally thousands of people left before GNR came on and when GNR played, it felt like a hostile crowd. They were fighting a no-win battle on that tour

Felt that Metallica easily were the better show both nights. And also the crowd was mostly pro-Metallica and literally thousands of people left before GNR came on and when GNR played, it felt like a hostile crowd. They were fighting a no-win battle on that tour

I hope you're not talking about Buffalo, 7-25-92, because Guns was much better that day. To make Metallica feel better, Metallica blew away Faith no More! :)

Edited by Axl4Prez2004

The problem stems from the fact that they aren't even the same genre. Metallica up to that point was thrash metal and GNR, hard rock with a bunch of love ballads to their name. I don't know how they didn't see an issue mixing those two fan bases together. Seems obvious to me.

• Like 1

The problem stems from the fact that they aren't even the same genre. Metallica up to that point was thrash metal and GNR, hard rock with a bunch of love ballads to their name. I don't know how they didn't see an issue mixing those two fan bases together. Seems obvious to me.

Id say most fans of each band like the other.

Stupidest tour ever as the two bands are not well suited to one and another. Metallica are very, disciplined - very, 'Germanic'. They rehearse at the correct time, start playing at the correct time and deliver well oiled shows with the correct setlists, finishing on time. Even their drinking, of which they earned the accolade 'Alcoholica' seems disciplined. In contrast Guns are absolute chaos - bedlem - probably the most ill-disciplined operation ever. You have a singer who is crazy and unpredictable while the other members souse themselves silly waiting for him to arrive. Even when Axl decides to play, at any moment he may decide to storm off stage on the slightest pretext. It was absolute madness to believe these bands could operate together.

this is kinda funny but that tour kinda ended both bands.. metallica stayed popular but they haven't released anything good since that tour

Don't believe Metallica ruined Guns N' Roses. Metallica can be huge dicks like the disrespect they showed Layne Staley. GNR were probably the biggest band in the world in 1992-1993.

Id say most fans of each band like the other.

Now they do, sure but back then GNR was popular because of women. Metallica's fans were metal heads. Totally different crowds.