Eddie Trunk: "[a GNR reunion] has been put to motion."

to pay the bills

My God, they have millions and millions....

The more money you have, the more money you spend, so the more money you need to maintain your lifestyle ;)

once you make that money it takes more now

"Costs" not "takes".

well crack the whip :facepalm:

Oh no, oh no, oh no. :cry:

He clearly said he heard from some sources that very deep that have been some stuff in motion. Which matches what we have been hearing.

And honestly, I'd trust Eddie source on some level. He has his connections and he got to interview Axl twice. When it comes to Guns N' Roses, he knows his shit.

He clearly said that "In my honest opinion, I think it's gonna happen at some point, because it's down to two guys". Again, his personal opinion.

This thread again...ugh.

Sure but all we have is rumors of current members leavingthe band and no new music on the horizon either. The only way to avoid a thread like this one is for the GN´R camp to give official information on what really goes on.

I believe now more than ever! Ha.

Seriously though, it's funny because over the past few weeks I have been hearing rumblings. And that's all they are, rumblings but it's kinda strange because when you have 2 dedicated sources who you (as in, me!) select what you can and can't say without compromising them, and over this specific question things dry up ad yet they're both active and responsive to all other enquiries, it really does make me wonder. Just my view that's all, not representing mygbr, GNR, etc etc but I just find it at this stage...... Interesting :)

Ps -- we'll announce an exclusive if and when we hear anything. Hey if nothing else, it annoys some peeps way too much, lol.

Happy days kids!!! ;)

Reveal your sources huh.gif

• Like 1

A few points that need to be considered.

1. A reunion won't fix Axl terrible vocals.
2. A reunion is not possible because Slash will never apologize for things he didn't do or say.
3. A reunion is not possible because Axl wants Slash to apologize for things he thinks he did or say.
4. A reunion is the ultimate "Fuck you, Axl".
5. A reunion is not possible because hangers-on and Team Brazil are still working with Axl.
6. A reunion is not possible because Axl has never wanted to give Slash free publicity.
7. A reunion is not possible because Axl will never accept that his 'vision' was/is a miserable failure.

Maybe I'm forgetting a point or two, but truth is, a reunion will never happen.

Can't wait to catch Slash on tour soon!

• Like 2

to pay the bills

My God, they have millions and millions....

Several commentators have mentioned that Axl's world is expensive to maintain with a lot of salaries to pay...

Nosaj is right though there appears to be insurmountable obstacles.

Still..

all that $$$$$

all that fame....

2. A reunion is not possible because Slash will never apologize for things he didn't do or say.

3. A reunion is not possible because Axl wants Slash to apologize for things he thinks he did or say.

5. A reunion is not possible because hangers-on and Team Brazil are still working with Axl.

6. A reunion is not possible because Axl has never wanted to give Slash free publicity.

7. A reunion is not possible because Axl will never accept that his 'vision' was/is a miserable failure.

Nope. That about covers it all. The main ones being, unfortunately, a reunion means Axl failed on his own and he's too big headed to admit that. And I understand where he's coming from. But almost any other band would do it because they aren't like Axl. We know him and it would be shocking if he gave up what he's been working to build up these last 20 years. If anything, when you think in that respect, he should hate Slash and the original band more, cause it gave Axl all this work the last 20 years to deal with and he never quite recovered.

But yeah, there's no need to get our hopes up here. Sometimes it just takes some time to get back to reality. I will say I'm still surprised by Eddie's comments, because he doesn't usually say stuff that isn't true and he's really going out on a limb with this one more than I've heard him before, but maybe he just had a weird day and said a weird thing. I have no other explanation, cause what he says is pretty clear, and if you follow the guy you know this is kind of something to key in on and not just forget. But I can't worry about a reunion till it actually happens.

Basically, as Nosaj says, its too much stuff to all of a sudden do a reunion. This would have to happen in stages and we've heard of nothing bringing the first steps to light. The second I hear Axl say "eh, Slash isn't a horrible monster guy..." is when I will start getting my hopes up.

And no, a partial reunion is worse than Nu Guns. At least NuGuns is the Axl Rose band. A partial reunion is almost making a parody of the band. Its like touring Ten Years After without Alvin Lee. Like touring Grand Fuck Railroad without Mark Farner. You know, obviously a much more mainstream example than those, but you get my point. Any reunion without Slash is a tease and makes the band more of a joke than they already are.

• Like 1

A Guns N' Roses reunion would be the biggest event in rock history in a very long time.

I don't think so.

Too many burnt bridges, wrong decade.

Axl got his shot and blew it. Then let his surrogate mother and her spawn turn him into a las vegas nostalgia act.

Slash has been a clown for far too long.

rock n roll reunion things might feel big for rock n roll fans, but even in that world the comings and goings of now-happening bands trounces anything GNR related.

Only way for a big comeback is for Axl and whoever he is with to produce a string of fucking excellent singles that somehow need to be able to catch what's happening now, or more like what's happening next, make that somehow interesting AND an excellent song AND do that a couple of times AND have atleast one video that goes viral on the social media for whatever reason.

I think there just isn't enough steam in Axl to pull it off.

Someone should tweet Trunk about this and try to get something more out of him.

I did, but he probably won't respond. I'll keep trying if I have the time today.

And jesus, nothing against the Australian news. I guess its all news places, but I can understand why Slash rolls his eyes at doing press. That seems like an annoying amount to deal with in that morning talk show.

I will say I laughed when the guy said "I'm not gonna ask cause you're tired of it, but Kelly really wants to know...!"

No responses to these yet:

@EddieTrunk Did you really just say GNR may be reuniting? Do you not realize the weight that comes with those words?

@EddieTrunk Whats up with your GNR comment? You know how big a deal that is

All other reasoning and everything says that a reunion might happen and would be a good thing for everyone concerned, but all of this reasoning ALWAYS neglects to vector in the way Axl is. And that's why reading the speculation and guesswork on this forum gets so boring oftentimes. Kudos to you people who sometimes try to include this in our little imagination games, you know who you are.

Nope. That about covers it all. The main ones being, unfortunately, a reunion means Axl failed on his own and he's too big headed to admit that.

Of course Axl would never admit it but playing just the old classics for the last 2 years in his live shows (and nearly no CD songs) shows me that he knows quit well that his vision has "failed" also he doesn't seem to have any intention to realease any new material... Axl has failed and he knows it but as soon as he get's the big reunion money he will not care about that anymore

I think he was pretty clear. He has been told that "way behind the scene things has been put in motion" I think he means promoters, some former manager and maybe the record company. Well that´s what it sounds like to me. If that is the case it´s not gonna happend. A reunion must be agreed by the original 5 members not from outsiders who decided on their own that there must be a reunion.

I think he was pretty clear. He has been told that "way behind the scene things has been put in motion" I think he means promoters, some former manager and maybe the record company. Well that´s what it sounds like to me. If that is the case it´s not gonna happend. A reunion must be agreed by the original 5 members not from outsiders who decided on their own that there must be a reunion.

Thats exactly why that can't be what he means. Cause he knows what a GNR reunion means and he knows that promoters and managers always have things in motion for that. He wouldn't be saying anything like that if it was just that. IMO, based off the kind of guy Eddie is, if he's saying this, it means its more than that and he is like us and knows that it would have to do with band members. He wouldn't say anything if it was nothing new from the last 20 years. My problem is what he's saying seems so hard to believe at this point. His statements hold weight, I just hope this isn't the one in a million time where he is just talking out of his ass.

Ugh, Eddie makes this difficult.

I love the guy so I WANT to believe him. And he's friends with pretty much the whole band so he's not just a nobody. He knows Slash but...

Thats why this also seems so odd. He JUST did a podcast with Slash and Slash was basically like "we're gonna go through the Axl stuff really quickly." Slash has never been busier in his life than he is now, and more than ever I feel he isn't looking back. He's made it. Its been over 20 years since their last show together. He's made it that long, and I think made it through the roughest of the storm. He'll still be asked till the day he dies if they'll get back together, but its finally at the point where its been so long that no one really cares enough. I genuinely don't see Slash even entertaining the idea until he at least has NOTHING else going on. He had a few years of no bands pre and post VR. But if you ask me now, he's set on solo.

Like I said, I love Eddie Trunk, but I don't get his angle on saying this. The guys HOUNDS people, and rightly so, when his KISS comments get misconstrued, and now he's gonna be the one that goes out there and says this might be possible. I don't think thats smart. I rarely question what he says, but this one is different and I think he's wrong and shouldn't really be saying that.

I have a love-hate relationship with Eddie. On one hand, I love his talk and podcast shows cuz it's always stuff I'm interested in, and his inside knowledge is always cool to hear. On the other hand, I think he's a bit of a tool. I remember him on Jericho's poscast, and eddie wouldn't shut the hell up and let Chris get anything in. And then trunks podcast with michael Anthony...if I had a nickel for everytime eddie said "ok, one more question about Van Halen before we move onto something else..." I dunno, maybe it's just something that grinds my gears.

All in all, I'd love for this to be true. But based on where slash is at these days, I just can't see it happening. If it were to happen though I'd be right there. Hell, I have insanely little savings, but I'd probably go re-mortgage my house to be able to attend one show.

Edited by Gunner55