Axl should get EVERYONE onboard and do a Farewell Tour

Axl should get every relevant musician that has ever played with Guns N' Roses and do an Ultimate Reunion™ for a Farewell Tour™. Once the idea is proposed, I find it hard to believe any of the guys would reject it. Maybe - and probably - Buckethead, but perhaps Brain could talk him into it. Each line-up obviously perform the songs released by them, and as the current line-up didn't release anything (lol) they do the covers (that's what they do already). Then everyone goes onstage for Paradise City.

The current setlist already embraces the vast majority of the GNR catalog, but of course a few things would have to be changed. If everyone had a solo spot the concerts would be gigantic, so let's let just Slash's Godfather, because it's a classic, and Buckethead doing his thing, because he's cool.

As for a new album, it would be interesting if Axl released it before the tour and played songs from it too. Or maybe later, after the tour, as a posthumous GNR album.

Edited by ManetsBR
  • Like 1

Think that'd be embarrassing for every guitarist who isn't Slash.

"Ladies and gentlemen... Mr. Robin Finck!"

<crickets>

<Amir's lone voice in the crowd> "Woooo!"

<morecrickets>

On a message board in the deepest darkest corners of the Interwebs:

Salsh Borksi: FAPFAPFAP

• Like 2

Axl would have to get in really great shape to pull a show like this off. It would be a very long show that has no rhythm to it, might be tough to maintain interest as a fan.

I'm all for it though haha

I disagree. As I said, current setlist minus solos would be fine,

I feel I get where you're going with the idea, but ultimately it just comes off as weird and completely unrealistic.

In the end, its not a GNR show. Its a show that is all about Axl and all the people he has brought together to play in HIS band, and by that logic there's no way anyone would agree to it. That would literally been everyone banding around Axl, since he would be the only consistent one in the show, which they have no reason to do.

There's no real logic to explain if the original lineup is at a show for some reason, why they'd be sitting backstage not playing. And even moreso, watching others play "Guns N Roses" songs, just playing under the guise of GNR.

Like I said, I get where you're going with it. A way to say goodbye to all the aspects of what GNR has become. But the thing is GNR is a lot of different things to a lot of different people, particularly the people in the band. And I don't think the 1993 and pre guys ever see anyone else as GNR, so I can't see why they would agree to something that is essentially them not playing a full show while Axl honors all his lineups. I don't think thats what you intended, but its what that show would be.

The idea makes no sense whatsoever. You have Slash and the original band on stage, and you want them to leave so you can see DJ Ashba and Robin Finck instead?

Perhaps in an alternative universe, a 7-hour GNR concert might make sense.. That is, if the last couple versions had actually done anything other than a tribute to Appetite and UYI.

I guess Axl would have to get both Steven and Matt.

Since Steven was out by the time Use Your Illusion 1 and 2 were out, unless he can learn to play them, Matt would have to play songs from those cds.

Getting the original 5 back for a reunion is doubtful since Steven has a drug problem and Axl doesn't talk to Slash and I don't think Izzy would want to do a whole tour.

No...

what should be done is a well oiled spin to explain ...and repeat it until its true in the minds of the masses... was that nuGNR was just an experiment and not the real deal. Something to occupy Axl until the rest of real GNR sobered up and got serious about being a band again.

I already suggested this before CD came out. GNR's Rock n Roll Circus.

I think it's more likely to get a smorgasbord line up. Like Izzy n Duff joining for the tour and maybe Duff playing bass on a song or two and an Izzy song on the album,

Think about everything you've seen Axl do on-stage that made you mad or embarrassed in the last couple of years. That's him giving it his all. That's him happy, and getting to do everything his way. That's the best he's got.

Now imagine that same Axl half-assing it because he's pissed about being contractually forced to share a stage with Slash. IMAGINE HOW MUCH WORSE HE WOULD BE IF HE STOPPED TRYING. Then add in a brain damaged Steven Adler, and then Gilby Clarke struggling to re-learn the songs because Izzy suddenly bailed on the tour without warning because he was sick of dealing with Axl and Slash. And then remember Team Brazil would still be there.

A reunion is the worst possible scenario.

• Like 3

baby steps.. Axl should sho wup to one of Slash's gigs.. Slash wouldn't have him kicked out of the venue, Myles would probably ask him to sing a song.

An Original GNR tour would outsell this idea 3-1 or more. Having anyone else only dilutes...

Agreed, an everyone onboard idea is dumb.. No one cares if Buckethead and Paul Huge show up.