How long is your commute?

GivenToFly

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just roll out of bed, open a Fosters and start typing.

Just curious, but what is your job? I know you're a writer, but specifically? who do you work for? like a paper or something.

He writes the Dear Deirdre section of the Daily Mirror.
most of time it's seems to be boring bank stuff like HSBC, Standard Chartered normally sports related like golf. I did a coke zero campaign once. I felt my life was complete. I did a Lamborghini show that cool. Anyway to sum up, I know shallow.

Just roll out of bed, open a Fosters and start typing.

Just curious, but what is your job? I know you're a writer, but specifically? who do you work for? like a paper or something.

He writes the Dear Deirdre section of the Daily Mirror.
most of time it's seems to be boring bank stuff like HSBC, Standard Chartered normally sports related like golf. I did a coke zero campaign once. I felt my life was complete. I did a Lamborghini show that cool. Anyway to sum up, I know shallow.

You should come work for me. I pay with booze and cookies. It will be deep as hell. You'll be like my sidekick or the lawyer from Fear and Loathing. Or the other way around. I'm not bald.

20mins walk in morning, 60mins train journey, 10mins bus, then like 5mins walk.

On the way home...

5mins walk, 10mins bus, 50mins train, and either a 20mins walk back home or more often I get a lift off my dad,which takes likes five mins from local train station to the house.

Over an hour.... dreadful.

I get up at 4:30am and leave the house around 5am to just make it to work by 7.... right in the middle of the worst traffic imaginable because school is back in and there are school buses all over the road/idiot drivers/potential wrecks, not to mention I go through the worst area of traffic in Atlanta. Work for 12-14hrs a day then about an hour drive home. Needless to say, by the end of the week i'm fucking exhausted.

15 minutes each way by car

I get up at 4:30am and leave the house around 5am to just make it to work by 7.... right in the middle of the worst traffic imaginable because school is back in and there are school buses all over the road/idiot drivers/potential wrecks, not to mention I go through the worst area of traffic in Atlanta. Work for 12-14hrs a day then about an hour drive home. Needless to say, by the end of the week i'm fucking exhausted.

I feel for you. I used to work down in the city. Thank heavens I got a job close to home. I know what that city driving is like. It's dreadful and takes away so much of your quality of life. Have your coffee set the night before so you can grab a big cup as you walk out the door. I'm sure you already do. Can't you take a train in Atlanta? Or somehow commute with others? That must be awful facing that city traffic alone. I don't miss Houston rush hour traffic one bit. What a nightmare that was.

15 minutes each way by car

I feel for you. I used to work down in the city. Thank heavens I got a job close to home. I know what that city driving is like. It's dreadful and takes away so much of your quality of life. Have your coffee set the night before so you can grab a big cup as you walk out the door. I'm sure you already do. Can't you take a train in Atlanta? Or somehow commute with others? That must be awful facing that city traffic alone. I don't miss Houston rush hour traffic one bit. What a nightmare that was.

:lol: Yeah, I have coffee ready in a thermal mug every morning and I drink it driving down the road... usually eat breakfast on the drive too. No real way I can commute with others or take a train, have to drive all the way through. It's in the industrial area and all of that if full on traffic with nothing but buses and 18 wheelers. It's just awful, but the payoff is that Fridays are non mandatory so what I do is, work Mon-Thurs one week, then the next week, work Mon-Fri and get around 60-70 hours. :shades: Rough work, but the pay is there.

• Like 1

Georgy! You're so SILLY! We don't ride a bus to work with LENNY! hhahhahhah What in the world are you talking about?

Forsaken is in the city of Atlanta and I'm in the city of Houston, P4A is in New York. But I would not have one single problem riding a bus to work with Lenny. Take that back. If I lived anywhere near Lenny, I would drive in my car, pick him up, he and Drama too, Georgy too, and Arnold, Lio, Mags, Lithium and all our other friends too, we would all stop at a Starbucks and have coffee then I would take each of you to work! Then I would pick each of you up from work, take you to the corner bar where we could all sit around and have a few cocktails or beers, shoot some pool or whatever then I would drive you home. :) Then we would do it all over again the next day! :)

But the thing is, we would never, ever in a million years, let anyone on our drive torment or belittle any one of us, because we are all friends. We would never allow any of us to put any one else down....just because someone feels like someone else has had a better break. We just wouldn't. We would take up for each other, we would stick together, and we would remember that one day we will all be on the floor screaming and crying because someone we loved has been taken from us, and we are the people that can laugh and joke together about nothing. So we are the people that can make each other laugh about nothing, so shouldn't we be the people that are there for each other when well, maybe we just should look around and we are the people that are here for each other now... what about then? hmmm...

well, okay then...

Edit: Don't anyone else say anything mean to Arnold ever, not ever

And let me add this... there are people that are struggling to find the Will of Life. You do NOT kick them whilst they search for it. You just don't.

Back on topic, 15 minutes each way, by car.

Edited by AdriftatSea

I'd be terrified to be on a bus with Lennie.

You'd be terrified?!? I'm fuckin terrified of yanks, its why i won't go there, probably find myself stuffed in a container on my way to Gitmo, having been found guilty of being brown and armed with facial hair :lol:

You lot had Shah Rukh Khan arse up in a cell and he's world famous, front cover of Time and all that, Amir Khan too, so Lord knows what they'd do to me!

Edited by Lennie Godber

I nearly got arrested going into NY. But once I got in I broke all kinds of laws, rode in Shaun Ryders limo and got in a fight with a pimp in a boxing bar after a bottle of tequila and nobody seemed to care. But customs have me a full cavity search for nothing.

You'd be terrified?!? I'm fuckin terrified of yanks, its why i won't go there, probably find myself stuffed in a container on my way to Gitmo, having been found guilty of being brown and armed with facial hair :lol:

You lot had Shah Rukh Khan arse up in a cell and he's world famous, front cover of Time and all that, Amir Khan too, so Lord knows what they'd do to me!

No one knows who Shahrukh Khan is in Murica.

No one knows who Shahrukh Khan is in Murica.

Fuckin' google the cunt then :lol: He's like the second richest actor in the world.

Edited by Lennie Godber