Bands that made an amazing album, followed by a HORRIBLE one...

gunsfanoldie

Not exactly a band but Big L's first album was brilliant, second what a bit meh cuz he fell prey to that age old rapper thing where you get a street cat, he drops the most hardcore nasty fuckin' album, a total table topper and then with their second one they get a bit of money and go all Playalistic on us, Biggie did a similar thing with Life After Death but the hardcore shit was hardcore enough to carry the album through...weren't really the same case with L.

Same with Big Pun, as much as i like Yeaaahhh Baby, it ain't no Capital Punishment. Canibus too, although a great many will tell you his debut was shit, i thought it was okay.

Not exactly a band but Big L's first album was brilliant, second what a bit meh cuz he fell prey to that age old rapper thing where you get a street cat, he drops the most hardcore nasty fuckin' album, a total table topper and then with their second one they get a bit of money and go all Playalistic on us, Biggie did a similar thing with Life After Death but the hardcore shit was hardcore enough to carry the album through...weren't really the same case with L.

Same with Big Pun, as much as i like Yeaaahhh Baby, it ain't no Capital Punishment. Canibus too, although a great many will tell you his debut was shit, i thought it was okay.

Feel the same way about Life After Death. Great album but way too much Puffy flavor.

Doggystyle & Doggfather followed by that first No Limit album. Some say Doggystyle followed by Doggfather but that album gets way more hate than deserved.

Great Adventures of Slick Rick followed by Ruler's Back. Different, strange situation but still.

I Am followed by Nastradamus.

Joshua Tree followed by Rattle and Hum(idk if anyone mentioned this one).

Achtung and Pop?

Zooropa was released after Achtung. And Pop is amazing.

Idk if Pop was amazing but it does get a lot of flac, It has pretty good tunes.

Only significant quality dip I can imagine for U2 is Achtung Baby to Zooropa, since the past 15 years have been a very gradual period of just being okay.

I love Rattle and Hum, has some awesome tracks in both the studio and live tracks :P Pop has its very catchy moments too, but only Lemon and The Wanderer stand out for me on Zooropa.

Feel the same way about Life After Death. Great album but way too much Puffy flavor.

Doggystyle & Doggfather followed by that first No Limit album. Some say Doggystyle followed by Doggfather but that album gets way more hate than deserved.

Great Adventures of Slick Rick followed by Ruler's Back. Different, strange situation but still.

Agreed with the Life after thing, the Snoop thing, i dunno, i really liked the game is to be sold...and top dogg...and tha last meal...cant argue with the others although Rulers Back gets too much flack. Ever hear still a g thang? That song alone makes game is to be sold worth it :)

A horrible Radiohead album is still better than most, but In Rainbows --------> The King of Limbs? :no:

Right on...an album that's barely long enough to be an album, and with maybe 3 really good songs on the whole thing, was not the follow up In Rainbows deserved.

Edited by chevelle
  • Like 1

Black Sabbath:

Amazing: The Devil You Know

Awful: 13

The Devil You Know is Heaven and Hell, technically. I agree though.
Technically yeah but you'd be hard pressed to find a Sabbath fan who doesn't consider it a BS album. Its even got the Sabbath demon thing on the cover. IIRC the only reason they didn't call themselves Sabbath again was so none of the money would go to Ozzy.

But finally you and I agree on something regarding music :lol:

Agreed with the Life after thing, the Snoop thing, i dunno, i really liked the game is to be sold...and top dogg...and tha last meal...cant argue with the others although Rulers Back gets too much flack. Ever hear still a g thang? That song alone makes game is to be sold worth it :)

Still a G Thang is classic. Maybe if more of it sounded like that. I like Woof too. Most people have totally forgotten that album though. Its just a little too no limit. I'm with you on top dogg and last meal, both are solid.

Rulers Back, I wouldn't call it horrible but disappointing. If all the songs were on par with Runaway it would be a great album.