Twin Peaks returns (Confirmed)

Jabberwocky

Loved the first season of TP, couldn't finish the second after Nadine (I think?) did her superman jump with the pom poms. I was done with that shit.

LOL. Yeah that was her. Season 2 did have some filler but it was enjoyable filler. It was basically everybody involved was scrambling for new story arcs after ABC pressured Lynch/Frost to reveal who Laura's killer was in the middle of season 2.

It is happening...again

Edited by Jabberwocky

Loved the first season of TP, couldn't finish the second after Nadine (I think?) did her superman jump with the pom poms. I was done with that shit.

Haha, was the same with me. But I'm still super excited for the new season and gonna finish the second season before it airs in 2016.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

FUCK YOU SHOWTIME!!!!!! How can you bring back a cult show and try to dictate to ITS CREATOR how it should go?

http://www.businessinsider.com/report-twin-peaks-revival-canceled-by-showtime-2015-4

Series creator David Lynch has left Showtime's revival of "Twin Peaks."

Here's the full statement from David Lynch's office obtained by a fan-run Facebook page

"Dear Facebook Friends, David wanted me to pass along the following statement:

Showtime did not pull the plug on Twin Peaks. After one year and four months of negotiations, I left because not enough money was offered to do the script the way I felt it needed to be done. This weekend I started to call actors to let them know I would not be directing. Twin Peaks may still be very much alive at Showtime.

I love the world of Twin Peaks and wish things could have worked out differently."

Here is a press release from Showtime

http://tvline.com/2015/04/05/twin-peaks-revival-showtime-cancellation-rumors/

On the heels of series co-creator David Lynch citing “complications” going on behind the scenes, multiple reports out of WonderCon on Sunday claimed that the cast had been told that the revival as a whole was dead and wrapped in plastic.

A Showtime spokesperson, however, tells TVLine that things are “status quo” with the nine-episode continuation, which is supposed to start production this year with an eye on a 2016 premiere.

Thing is, it appears it will be without Lynch behind the camera. In a letter to the Twin Peaks Festival fan page (and via a series of tweets), the auteur said that he will not be directing the episodes, as planned.

The Twin Peaks revival was announced in October 2014, with Lynch and co-creator Mark Frost penning all nine episodes (which they have already done), and Lynch directing every installment. In January, it was announced that Kyle MacLachlan would reprise his role as FBI agent Dale Cooper.

But on March 14, at the “Between Two Worlds” exhibition in Brisbane, Lynch hinted that “complications” had arisen with the project. A day later, on the Aussie arts and culture series The Mix, he warned, “I haven’t returned yet. We’re still working on the contract.” And just last week, TVLine’s Ask Ausiello column confirmed that the rumors about Lynch and Showtime not seeing eye-to-eye on a few contract points “were true.”

More from Showtime:

We were saddened to read David Lynch's statement today since we believed we were working towards solutions with David and his reps on the few remaining deal points. SHOWTIME also loves the world of Twin Peaks and we continue to hold out hope that we can bring it back in all its glory with both of its extraordinary creators, David Lynch and Mark Frost, at its helm.

Edited by Jabberwocky

I'd rather them not bring it back than do it without Lynch.

Showtime really fucked up. I don't know why they would even bother with it without his involvement. I'm sure his absence will be obvious to everyone and it'll just be mediocre at best. Like okay, great they made it! But it will still not be the greatness it deserves had Lynch been fully dedicated and directing it.

Note to Showtime: HBO is HBO because they spend the money. You wanna play first fiddle, you gotta pony up for a Stradivarius.

They've written 9 episodes already? Show time time to show me the money!

They were either written 4 years ago or it took them 4 years to write the scripts, I'm not sure which one. Either way this has turned out to be one of the biggest cockteases in TV history IMHO

If Showtime does go ahead I hope they bring in some of the other original directors like Mark Frost, Tim Hunter, or Lesli Linka Glater and not some Michael Bay hack type behind the camera. At least those 3 are Lynch-like and are capable to helm this.