Twin Peaks returns (Confirmed)

Jabberwocky

Twin Peaks Premiere Date Narrowed Down to 'Early 2017' at Showtime

http://tvline.com/2016/01/12/twin-peaks-premiere-date-update-early-2017-showtime/

Take note: Showtime’s Twin Peaks revival could be arriving sooner than expected.

“I’m excited to share that [Twin Peaks creator] David Lynch is more than halfway through shooting schedule, and it will premiere in the first half of 2017,” Showtime CEO David Nevins announced Tuesday at the Television Critics Association winter press tour. Prior to this announcement, the revival was expected to premiere “sometime in 2017.”

Twin Peaks, which aired on ABC from 1990 to 1991, followed FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper (played by Kyle McLachlan) as he investigates the curious murder of a homecoming queen in the sleepy town of Twin Peaks, Wash.

Many of the cult drama’s original cast members are returning for the revival, including McLachlan and Sherilyn Fenn (as Audrey Horne). As TVLine exclusively reported, Laura Dern has also joined the cast — possibly the playing the infamous Diane.

Does anybody knows if Heather Graham will be back?

No word yet. I hope she is though because she was very crucial to the Dale Cooper/Windom Earle/Black Lodge story arc. From what I gather there are non-disclosure agreements that everybody has signed. This is why even though Sherylin Fenn is back she can't make it official and is why she can only do the *wink wink, nudge nudge* on her Twitter page and only alude to returning. All of the news reports about new casting and older characters returning are from "sources" but nobody from Showtime/Lynch/Frost denies them as being false. MacLachlan is still being listed as the only officially announced cast member and Lynch will keep it that way as long as possible. They are doing their damndest to keep it all a secret which, to me, is a good thing. Announcing cast members is one thing but plot, scenarios, and all that are something I don't want spoiled.

Edited by Jabberwocky
  • Like 1

This is a "out of left field" casting choice. Here is the link to the entire story but here is the intersting part.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/13/twin-peaks-2017?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

Also: Sources tell us According to Jim star James Belushi has been added to the show’s cast, which reportedly also includes returning Peaks stars Sherilyn Fenn, Miguel Ferrer, Sheryl Lee, and Lynch regular Laura Dern, in addition to announced series star Kyle MacLachlan. Normally we’d be leading off with the new casting, but Showtime (via Lynch) has a policy of not confirming any Twin Peaks casting. “I would not hold my breath for an announcement of all the casting of Twin Peaks,” Nevins told reporters dryly. If true that Belushi’s on board it’s an interesting addition: the actor was in ABC’s miniseries Wild Palms, which was perceived by some as inspired by the success of Twin Peaks.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, not too much news on the forefront but I do have a very reliable list of returning and new characters.

Officially announced:
Dale Cooper (Kyle MacLachlan)

Never announced, but confirmed:
Nadine Hurley (Wendy Robie)
Big Ed Hurley (Everett McGill)
Bobby Briggs (Dana Ashbrook)
Shelly Johnson (Mädchen Amick)
Norma Jennings (Peggy Lipton)
Dr. Lawrence Jacoby (Russ Tamblyn)
Heidi (Andrea Hays)
Carl Rodd (Harry Dean Stanton)
Johnny (Robert Bauer)
Sylvia Horne (Jan D'Arcy)
'Hawk' Hill (Michael Horse)
Betty Briggs (Charlotte Stewart)
Sarah Palmer (Grace Zabriskie)
Unknown (Sheryl Lee)

David Lynch (Gordon Cole)

Albert Rosenfield (Miguel Ferrer)

Jerry Horne (David Patrick Kelly)
James Hurley (James Marshall)
Audrey Horne (Sherilyn Fenn)
Lucy Moran (Kimmy Robertson)
Andy Brennan (Harry Goaz)

Rumored:
Toad (Kevin Young)
Benjamin Horne (Richard Beymer)
Joey Paulson (Brett Vadset)
Dennis/Denise Bryson (David Duchovny)
Gersten Hayward (Alicia Witt)
Leland Palmer (Ray Wise)
Mike Nelson (Gary Hershberger)
Phillip Gerard (Al Strobel)
Catherine Martell (Piper Laurie)

New Cast:
Amanda Seyfried (Becky Briggs?)
Balthazar Getty (Unknown)
Caleb Landry Jones (Steven)
Grant Goodeve (Unknown)
Robert Knepper (Unknown)
Robert Forster (Sheriff Harry S. Truman?)
Bailey Chase (Unknown)
Laura Dern (Unknown)
Jennifer Jason Leigh (Unknown)
James Belushi (Unknown)

Naomi Watts (Unknown)

Tom Sizemore (Unknown)

Rumored New Cast:
Riley Lynch (Unknown)

Unknown:
Donna Hayward (Moira Kelly)
Hank Jennings (Chris Mulkey)
Dick Tremayne (Ian Buchanan)
Gordon Cole (David Lynch)
Josie Packard (Joan Chen)
Leo Johnson (Eric DaRe)
Windom Earle (Kenneth Welsh)
Man From Another Place (Michael J. Anderson)
The Giant (Carel Struycken)
Ronette Pulaski (Phoebe Augustine)
Doc Will Hayward (Warren Frost)
Eileen Hayward (Mary Jo Deschanel)
Lana Budding Milford (Robyn Lively)
Annie Blackburn (Heather Graham)
John Justice Wheeler (Billy Zane)
Tim Pinkle (David L. Lander)
Chester Desmond (Chris Isaak)
Sam Stanley (Kiefer Sutherland)

Not Returning:
Harry Truman (Michael Ontkean) - Possibly Recast
Donna Hayward (Lara Flynn Boyle)

Deceased Actors:
Pete Martell (Jack Nance)
Maj. Garland Briggs (Don S. Davis)
The Log Lady (Catherine E. Coulson)
Bob (Frank Silva)
Mayor Dwayne Milford (John Boylan)
Andrew Packard (Dan O'Herlihy)
Mrs. Tremond (Frances Bay)
Phillip Jeffries (David Bowie)

Edited by Jabberwocky
Update cast list
  • Like 2

More casting news

http://deadline.com/2016/02/twin-peaks-naomi-watts-tom-sizemore-david-lynch-cast-showtime-1201694524/

Naomi Watts & Tom Sizemore Join; David Lynch Reprising Role

I have learned that Naomi Watts is the latest big name to join David Lynch’s upcoming new installment of his groundbreaking 1990 supernatural mystery series Twin Peaks. No one is commenting, but I’ve learned that also joining the follow-up series for Showtime is Tom Sizemore. Additionally, Lynch, who is directing the new Twin Peaks installment from a script he co-wrote with fellow Twin Peaks co-creator Mark Frost, is rumored to be reprising his recurring role from the original series as FBI Regional Bureau Chief Gordon Cole.

We reported in October that Lynch had reached out to Watts, who got her break in his Mulholland Drive. She and Sizemore are joining other big-name new Twin Peaks additions including Laura Dern, Jennifer Jason Leigh and Amanda Seyfried.

Star Kyle MacLachlan is the only cast member confirmed for the new Twin Peaks season, set to premiere in early 2017. Other original cast members said to be back include Sherilyn Fenn, Miguel Ferrer and Sheryl Lee

22 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

It's a shame Lara Flynn Boyle isn't returning, likely due to her not even looking like the same person anymore.

It's more or less the relationship between her and Lynch had turned sour after the show ended, thus why she wasn't in Fire Walk With Me. She was also a complete bitch on set, especially towards Sherilyn Fenn. She tied in well with Laura Palmer's arc but after the murder was solved and finding out Ben Horne was her real father in the series finale. I honestly don't think the Donna character is even nessecary anymore. And even if they were to bring back Donna I'd 10 times rather have Moira Kelly.

SPOILER ALERT:

Location shooting news - Tom Sizemore, James Belushi and Kyle MacLachlan have been filming around a hospital for two nights outside and inside various wards, following other news of a shoot-out scene also being lensed in the LA area.

The hospital setting could most likely relate to Annie, since Heather Graham was very coy about her involvement in the new volume of Twin Peaks recently. Kyle also commented that we will surely hear about Annie

On 5/2/2016 at 1:07 AM, Jabberwocky said:

It's more or less the relationship between her and Lynch had turned sour after the show ended, thus why she wasn't in Fire Walk With Me. She was also a complete bitch on set, especially towards Sherilyn Fenn. She tied in well with Laura Palmer's arc but after the murder was solved and finding out Ben Horne was her real father in the series finale. I honestly don't think the Donna character is even nessecary anymore. And even if they were to bring back Donna I'd 10 times rather have Moira Kelly.

Is it confirmed that she won't be back? I don't think she doesn't look like her anymore. She just has bloated lips, but she's still pretty sexy nowadays.

I don't know how will they continue the series 25 years after with all the paralyzed subplots. Ben Horne being her father, the explotion in the bank and the reason...  James' subplot.. and probably a lot more that i don't even remember

On 2/7/2016 at 0:09 PM, Raykugen said:

Is it confirmed that she won't be back? I don't think she doesn't look like her anymore. She just has bloated lips, but she's still pretty sexy nowadays.

I don't know how will they continue the series 25 years after with all the paralyzed subplots. Ben Horne being her father, the explotion in the bank and the reason...  James' subplot.. and probably a lot more that i don't even remember

Yep. She's not returning but "Donna" may be. Lynch/Frost reached out to her but she told them no. The cast list I posted above is very accurate, per my source. As far as the paralyzed subplots is anybody's guess. Those may be explained in Mark Frost's "The Secret Lives Of Twin Peaks" book he was wrote and will release in later this year. There is a source on the Dugpa Forum who is involved directly in the day-to-day production and wouldn't know anything about promos or future plans beyond principal photography. But from what is being posted there is that the new series is going to be VERY interesting to say the least.

SPOILER: There was a long standing rumor that there was going to be a nuclear explosion in the new season. This weekend the source confirmed it but it's not going to be used as an ending to the season.

Edited by Jabberwocky
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jabberwocky said:

Yep. She's not returning but "Donna" may be. Lara was very desperate to come back but Lynch/Frost don't want her. The cast list I posted above is very accurate, per my source. As far as the paralyzed subplots is anybody's guess. Those may be explained in Mark Frost's "The Secret Lives Of Twin Peaks" book he was wrote and will release in later this year. There is a source on the Dugpa Forum who is involved directly in the day-to-day production and wouldn't know anything about promos or future plans beyond principal photography. But from what is being posted there is that the new series is going to be VERY interesting to say the least.

SPOILER: There was a long standing rumor that there was going to be a nuclear explosion in the new season. This weekend the source says that it has moved past being a rumor.

I really hate when they continue the storyline in other formats, as Buffy the Vampire Slayer in its 2 last seasons in comic-books... I don't even know if this kind of stuff has to be considered canonical...

12 hours ago, Raykugen said:

I really hate when they continue the storyline in other formats, as Buffy the Vampire Slayer in its 2 last seasons in comic-books... I don't even know if this kind of stuff has to be considered canonical...

I do too but I doubt that they're gonna tie up all of those loose ends in the book based upon how they didn't use "The Secret Diary Of Laura Palmer" and "The Autobiography Of FBI Agent Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes" books in the original show. This new one is going to be a coffee table book. Whether or not how much of it will canonical is anyone's guess but I'll refer to my above statement. Frost and some other artists tried many years ago (way before they started writing these new scripts) to do a series of comic books/graphic novels that would have been the continuation but Lynch vetoed it so no worries about them doing that angle in this new book and season.

Edited by Jabberwocky

http://deadline.com/2016/02/twin-peaks-returning-new-cast-spoilers-showtime-reboot-1201699316/

‘Twin Peaks’: Who Else Is Returning & Other Tidbits About Showtime Reboot

David Lynch’s upcoming new installment of his groundbreaking 1990 supernatural mystery series Twin Peaks for Showtime will feature a lot of familiar faces. As usual, no one is commenting, but I’ve compiled a list of original cast members believed to be stopping by, appearing with leading man Kyle MacLachlan and returning co-stars Sheryl Lee, Sherilyn Fenn, Mädchen Amick, Michael Horse, Dana Ashbrook and Miguel Ferrer, among others.

I hear the Palmer clan will remain intact, with Ray Wise and Grace Zabriskie reprising their roles as Leland and Sarah Palmer alongside Lee, who plays their slain daughter Laura.

Also said to be coming back are Peggy Lipton, who played Double-R diner owner Norma Jennings; Everett McGill, who played her lover Ed Hurley; Wendy Robie, who played his one-eyed wife Nadine Hurley; and James Marshall, who played his nephew, James Hurley. I hear also appearing in the sequel are Al Strobel, who played Mike, the One-Armed Man; Kimmy Robertson, who played the ditzy Lucy Moran; Harry Goaz, who played her occasional boyfriend, Deputy Andy Brennan; Charlotte Stewart (Bobby Briggs’ mother Betty Briggs); Gary Hershberger (Bobby’s friend Mike Nelson); Jan D’Arcy (Sylvia Horne); and Harry Dean Stanton (Carl Rodd).

New Twin Peaks cast additions include Grant Goodeve, Larry Clarke and Caleb Landry Jones, joining Amanda Seyfried, Naomi Watts, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Laura Dern, Robert Knepper, James Belushi, Tom Sizemore, Balthazar Getty and Lynch.

Other tidbits I’ve heard about the the third season of Twin Peaks:

• I hear Las Vegas will be a major setting.
  • Like he did in the original series, I hear co-creator Mark Frost will likely make a cameo.
  • I hear new cast addition Jennifer Jason Leigh may be playing the mysterious Judy.
  • I also hear fellow Twin Peaks newcomers James Belushi and Robert Knepper may be playing brothers.
  • Additionally, rumor is that Catherine E. Coulson, who played the beloved log lady in the original, may have filmed a handful of scenes before her death in September. It’s unclear if they would be used.

Twin Peaks, which Lynch is directing from a script he co-wrote with Frost, is slated for debut on Showtime in early 2017.

'Twin Peaks’: Ashley Judd Joins Reboot

http://deadline.com/2016/02/twin-peaks-ashley-judd-cast-warren-frost-reboot-showtime-1201701843/

I have learned of another big name that has quietly joined Twin PeaksDavid Lynch’s upcoming new installment of his groundbreaking 1990 supernatural mystery series. I hear Ashley Judd will be in the new season, slated for premiere on Showtime in early 2017.

Additionally, in addition to Lynch reprising his role from the original series as Gordon Cole and fellow co-creator/executive producer Mark Frost reportedly doing a cameo, I hear Frost’s dad, 90-year-old actor Warren Frost, who co-starred as Dr. Will Hayward on the ABC series, would return for a cameo.

New Twin Peaks cast additions also include Amanda Seyfried, Naomi Watts, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Laura Dern, Robert Knepper, James Belushi, Tom Sizemore, Balthazar Getty, Grant Goodeve, Larry Clarke and Caleb Landry Jones.

On the returning cast members front, star Kyle MacLachlan is reportedly being joined by Sheryl Lee, Sherilyn Fenn, Mädchen Amick, Michael Horse, Dana Ashbrook and Miguel Ferrer, Ray Wise, Grace Zabriskie, Peggy Lipton and Everett McGill, among others. For more on who is coming back, read our story from earlier this week.

Judd plays Natalie in the Divergent movie franchise.

FYI: This is legit as there was a mole (on the Dugpa forum) getting insider info from a person who is directly involved in the production team and  has been leaking casting/set/plot info to Deadline. The Dugpa forum has been disabled until further notice because Twin Peaks Productions and David Lynch became upset that the forum was sharing vital casting details and production info to the media.

“The Secret History of Twin Peaks” Book By Mark Frost Due October 18, 2016, Pre-Order Today + More Details

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/the-secret-history-of-twin-peaks-book/

The Secret History Of Twin Peaks, Mark Frost’s official Twin Peaks tie-in book formerly known as The Secret Lives of Twin Peaks, will be released by Flatiron Books on October 18, 2016 and you can pre-order the hardcover edition today for guaranteed delivery on (or maybe even before) the official release date.

From the co-creator of the landmark television series Twin Peaks comes a novel that deepens the mysteries of that iconic town in ways that not only enrich the original series but readies fans for the upcoming Showtime episodes.

Its 304 pages cover what happened to the people of that iconic fictional town since we last saw them 25 years agoThe 9″ x 7″ book also offers a deeper glimpse into the central mystery that was only touched on by the original series, and will include over 100 two-color illustrations and photographs. It will also get a dedicated website, thesecrethistoryoftwinpeaks.com, which will offer some exclusive content.

Pre-order The Secret History Of Twin Peaks on Amazon.com (US $29.99*), Amazon Canada, Amazon France, Amazon Italy, Amazon Germany & Amazon Spain and get this book on the day of release.

*Should the Amazon.com price decrease between your pre-order time and the end of the day of the release date, you’ll receive the lowest price.

ISBN-10: 1250075580
ISBN-13: 978-1250075581

Edited by Jabberwocky
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

‘Twin Peaks’ Reboot Adds Patrick Fischler & David Dastmalchian

http://deadline.com/2016/03/twin-peaks-patrick-fischler-david-dastmalchian-cast-1201714959/

I have learned of two other cast additions to Twin PeaksDavid Lynch’s upcoming new installment of his groundbreaking 1990 supernatural mystery series. Noone is commenting but I hear Patrick Fischler (Hail Caesar) and David Dastmalchian (Ant-Man) will be in the new season, slated for premiere on Showtime in early 2017.

They would join such Twin Peaks newbies as Amanda Seyfried, Naomi Watts, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Laura Dern, Robert Knepper, James Belushi, Tom Sizemore, Balthazar Getty, Grant Goodeve, Larry Clarke and Caleb Landry Jones.

Like Watts, Fischler had a breakout role in Lynch’s Mulholland Drive. He recently recurred on Silicon Valley and Once Upon a Time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Showtime Considering Alternative Release Strategy For Twin Peaks, Possibly Movie Theater Screenings

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin-peaks-release-strategy-screenings/

In an exclusive conversation with Bloomberg, Showtime’s David Nevins describes David Lynch as a genius and an “incredibly efficient director” who is currently working with many longtime collaborators on something that’s going to be “really special television.” And really special television calls for a unique approach.

No, you won’t be able to binge-watch Twin Peaks in its entirety on premiere day. Showtime’s new CEO doesn’t believe that Netflix’s all-at-once release strategy would work for them, but he admits to considering other options for Twin Peaks than the network’s standard weekly release format.

There’s great value in having the conversation sustained over the course of a couple of months. […] Although I’ll do different shows in different ways. When we put Twin Peaks out, maybe it’ll be fun not to do just one a week, but to do it in a different way. Who knows. Something I’ll talk about with David Lynch. There’s all sorts of possibilities, but the idea of just throwing it out, having a week [or two] of buzz, and then having it die down, I don’t think that makes sense for us.

Welcome to Twin Peaks ran a poll some time ago and two out of every three fans prefer the new episodes to be released week-by-week as opposed to simultaneously. But that was without considering options in between, such as scheduling multiple episodes back-to-back or throughout the week. There’s clearly room for experimentation with the release format, at least on the network side, which leaves a lot of freedom to David Lynch and Duwayne Dunham in the imminent editing phase.  Episodes could have various lengths, subplots could be turned into mini-episodes, and what not.

But the willingness of Showtime to break out of its mold for Twin Peaks doesn’t stop there. Commenting on the increasingly blurry line between television and film, David Nevins projects a guaranteed interest from movie theaters to screen the new Twin Peaks as an “out-of-home collective experience.” If that’s going to be the case, I have a feeling massive, massive quantities of pie and coffee will be involved.

Edited by Jabberwocky

• 3 weeks later...

I only watched it for the first time about two and a half year's ago, so obviously very late. It blew me away, and I've been borderline obsessed ever since. Last year an event's company called 'Lemonade and Laughing Gas' took over a unused warehouse in London for around two months and turned it into the world of Twin Peaks, you could purchase tickets for a time slot and have a three course meal. Somehow the news passed me by and I was none the wiser until I read about it on Buzzfeed one day, then low and behold my girlfriend had purchased me some ticket's for me and her for my birthday.

It really was one of the best night's I've ever had, we weren't sent the address until the day and we had to follow clue's they had laid out around North London to find the place. When we got there we were greeted by an actor portraying officer Andy, he was basically assigning people roles to play for the night ahead. I got given 'the local seedy charity worker who secretly pocket's the money for himself'...I had to wear a sticker on my chest so that other people knew who I was (they had all been assigned roles too). We then got seated in a re created Double R Diner and had to sit with other couples and basically indulge in a night of role play with other fans and actor's playing the roles of Twin Peaks characters.