Twin Peaks returns (Confirmed)

Jabberwocky

On 8 February 2016 at 2:54 PM, Raykugen said:

I really hate when they continue the storyline in other formats, as Buffy the Vampire Slayer in its 2 last seasons in comic-books... I don't even know if this kind of stuff has to be considered canonical...

Buffy/Angel comics are not canon, I don't give a fuck what anyone says.

New Twin Peaks Wraps, Headed For 2 Seasons (Or More?)

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin-peaks-wrapped-2-seasons-or-more/

Twin Peaks - David Lynch - Peter Deming ASC

Last night, David Lynch and his Rancho Rosa production crew wrapped principal shooting on the new Twin Peaks. Congratulations, everyone!

April 14, 2016, was the final day of 140 shooting days in Washington state and Los Angeles, both on location and on a soundstage.

At least for now.

@ForLocations, an insider account which for the past few months has tweeted solid advance information on Twin Peaks location shoots in L.A., earlier reported that production would wrap its first two seasons. Emphasizing “yes – first 2 seasons.” Maybe the new Twin Peaks won’t be a limited series after all?

Here’s a screenshot of the @ForLocations tweet. A link would reveal potential spoilers.

Twin Peaks wraps up its first 2 seasons in the next few weeks

Although Sherilyn Fenn last year mentioned there’d be 18, it’s still uncertain into how many episodes David Lynch and Duwayne Dunham will cut 140 days worth of footage during post-production. But there’s at least one thing about the new season(s) we can be sure about, thanks to Kyle MacLachlan.

Kyle MacLachlan: 'Poo will flow"

• 2 weeks later...

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/returning-cast-members-new-twin-peaks/

37 Twin Peaks Characters We Will See Again After 25 Years

Rumors and speculation are finally over!

David Lynch and Mark Frost today released a complete list of 217 cast members for the new series of Twin Peaks. Filtered out below are all 37 original cast members returning to Twin Peaks after 25 years… unless, of course, they’re still keeping a handful of cameos secret (*crossing fingers for David Bowie*).

More on the new faces soon!

Mädchen Amick (Shelly Johnson) and Dana Ashbrook (Bobby Briggs)

Leo? No!

Bobby Briggs and Shelly Johnson

Phoebe Augustine (Ronette Pulaski)

David Lynch always loved the Ronette character.

Ronette Pulaski

Richard Beymer (Benjamin Horne) and David Patrick Kelly (Jerry Horne)

Probably still up to no good.

Ben and Jerry Horne

Sherilyn Fenn (Audrey Horne)

???

Audrey Horne

Jan D’Arcy (Sylvia Horne)

Where’s Johnny?

Jan D'Arcy as Sylvia Horne

Catherine E. Coulson (Margaret Lanterman aka The Log Lady)

Catherine’s last gift to the world of Twin Peaks. Rest in peace.

Catherine E. Coulson aka The Log Lady at Antwerp Expo

Julee Cruise (The Roadhouse singer)

The voice of Twin Peaks.

Julee Cruise to work with David Lynch and Angelo Badalamenti again

David Duchovny (Dennis Denise Bryson)

Duchovny had a feeling.

David Duchovny on the return of Denise Bryson

Miguel Ferrer (FBI Special Agent Albert Rosenfield) and Warren Frost (Doc Hayward)

Mark Frost’s dad, Doc Hayward, and fan favorite, Albert Rosenfield! Rumor has it Miguel Ferrer will get a lot of screen time in the new series.

Doc Hayward and Albert Rosenfield

Harry Goaz (Deputy Andy Brennan) and Kimmy Robertson (Lucy Moran)

Will Michael Cera play their kid?

009-Andy-and-Lucy

Andrea Hays (Heidi)

Too busy jump-starting the old man… again!

Amanda Hays - Heidi

Gary Hershberger (Mike “Snake” Nelson)

Is Mike still the man?

Mike Nelson

Michael Horse (Deputy Tommy “Hawk” Hill)

Michael Horse previously talked about returning to Twin Peaks and appearing in the teaser. He said:

To all those people out there wondering if the new series is gonna be good: YES!

Deputy Hawk

Sheryl Lee (Laura Palmer/Maddy Ferguson – both deceased)

Did David Lynch and Mark Frost come up with a third character for her to play?

Sheryl Lee as Laura Palmer and Maddy Ferguson

Peggy Lipton (Norma Jennings)

But no mention of Chris Mulkey (Hank Jennings). Good for Norma!

Peggy Lipton - Norma Jennings

Bellina Martin Logan (Louie “Birdsong” Budway)

Props to Brad Dukes for remembering her full name.

Louie "Birdsong" Budway

David Lynch (FBI Regional Bureau Chief Gordon Cole) and Kyle MacLachlan (FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper)

No surprise here, but definitely one of the highlights to look forward to!

Gordon Cole and Dale Cooper

Mike Malone (unknown)

Mike Malone was a crew member who ended up being an extra FBI Agent in the opening scene of Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me. He’s a cast member again but will not be reprising his previous role.

James Marshall (James Hurley)

Hardcore James fans rejoice! No mention of Lara Flynn Boyle or Moira Kelly though. New Donna or no Donna?

James

Walter Olkewicz (Jacques Renault – deceased)

Wait. Another Renault brother?

Jacques Renault - Walter Olkewicz

Wendy Robie (Nadine Hurley) and Everett McGill (“Big” Ed Hurley)

Twenty-five years. That’s a lot of time for new inventions.

Ed and Nadine Hurley

Marvin “Marv” Rosand (Cook at the Double R Diner)

As seen in The Missing Pieces.

Marvin Rosand in Twin Peaks: The Missing Pieces

Carlton Lee Russell (Jumping Man)

He lived above a convenience store.

Jumping Man - Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

Harry Dean Stanton (Carl Rodd)

I’ve already gone places.

But will we find out where he’s been before ending up at the Fat Trout Trailer Park?

Harry Dean Stanton as Carl Rodd

Charlotte Stewart (Betty Briggs)

Without her beloved husband, Major Briggs. R.I.P. Don S. Davis!

Charlotte Stewart as Betty Briggs

Al Strobel (Philip “Mike” Gerard aka The One-Armed Man)

I’ve been retired for 20 years […] and when I retired, I said: ‘I really don’t want to work again… unless David Lynch gives me a call.’ And so… here I am!
—Al Strobel

Al Strobel, One Armed Man on Twin Peaks

Carel Struycken (The Giant)

Cooper’s tall friend returns. But no sign of Michael J. Anderson (The Man From Another Place).

01-The-Giant-2

Russ Tamblyn (Dr. Jacoby)

Jacoby isn’t retired in Hawaii. Michael Ontkean (unfortunately) is.

Russ Tamblyn as Dr. Lawrence Jacoby

Ray Wise (Leland Palmer – deceased)

Now that Jimmy Scott has passed, the Black Lodge needs a new singer. I know just the man.

Ray Wise as Leland Palmer

Alicia Witt (Gersten Hayward)

Jamming away at the Roadhouse every Saturday night?

Alicia Witt as Gersten Hayward

Grace Zabriskie (Sarah Palmer)

I doubt she kicked the bad habit.

Grace Zabriskie as Sarah Palmer

Edited by Jabberwocky
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

AND THE WORLD WEPT: CONFIRMED – DAVID BOWIE WAS RETURNING TO ‘TWIN PEAKS’

http://oneperfectshotdb.com/news/and-the-world-wept-confirmed-david-bowie-was-going-to-return-to-twin-peaks/

When Catherine Coulson – the actress popularly known as The Log Lady – died last year shortly after production began on the third season of TWIN PEAKS, many were afraid that she would be entirely absent from the revival, a thought scarier than looking in the mirror and seeing BOB. However, when the massive final cast list was released a few weeks ago, we all breathed a collective sigh of relief to see her name on it. After all, TWIN PEAKS without The Log Lady is like a brick wall without mortar – nothing holds it together.

Sadly, however, Coulson isn’t the only member of the TWIN PEAKS family to pass away since production started up again. David Bowie, who played Special Agent Phillip Jeffries in TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME, died in January. At the time TWIN PEAKS had been shooting for months, so there was speculation that Bowie might have had time to film a scene or several, but when the cast list was released, his name wasn’t on it. However, TWIN PEAKS being TWIN PEAKS and David Lynch being David Lynch, this was far from definitive as leaving a deceased cultural icon off your cast list would make for one hell of a huge surprise appearance a year down the line. But now, alas, this far-flung hope has been dashed.

Actor Harry Goaz – Deputy Andy on the series – was speaking with his local rag, The Dallas Morning News about his experiences on the sets of season 3 – all very hush hush and secretive – when he let one then another bombshell drop: 1) Bowie was indeed going to return as Jeffries, but 2) Bowie passed before his cameo could be filmed.

That extra bit of silence you’re hearing in the world right now is every TWIN PEAKS fan unable to breathe.

If you don’t know, Bowie had only one scene in FIRE WALK WITH ME, but the implications that came out of this scene opened the doors of TWIN PEAKS wider than ever. Jeffries was a Special Agent sent out on one of Gordon Cole’s blue rose cases on the trail of a woman named “Judy.” While working the case, he disappears and doesn’t return for two entire years, when suddenly he walks into Cole’s office and starts screaming at the Supervisor, Cooper and Albert. It’s a convoluted and frenetic story, but the gist of it is that Jeffries to has had an experience with the Black Lodge, or at least some of its inhabitants.

He tells the story of being in a room above a convenience store with BOB, The Man From Another Place, Mrs. Tremond and her Grandson, and several other, until-then-unknown spirits, including one that is likely that of The Log Lady’s deceased husband. Jeffries disappears again as strangely as he appeared, and though the plot points he brings up are never discussed again, there was a scene in the script never filmed that showed Jeffries in Buenos Aires when he disappeared to materialize in the FBI offices, and furthermore it is insinuated that he was there with Windom Earle and this Judy character, who was supposedly to be Josie Packard’s twin sister. (There’s so much more to this story; THE JEFFRIES IMPLICATIONS post is coming to #TwinPeaksTuesday in a matter of weeks, stay tuned.)

As you can tell, that blows the mythos of TWIN PEAKS wide open. This means there are realms attached to the Black Lodge that aren’t the Black Lodge, and furthermore it means that there are portals to the Black Lodge spread around the world. The possibilities raised by this are legitimately endless.

But alas, whatever Lynch intended to add to this story is likely now lost, and while the character of Phillip Jeffries may be referenced in season three, we will sadly not see the man himself.

• 2 weeks later...

Twin Peaks Footage Expected as LA Promotion Begins at Paramount

http://www.alternativenation.net/twin-peaks-footage-expected-la-promotion-begins-paramount/

The big news is that promotion and footage for the new show is out there and Paramount is now starting the promotional work for foreign sales.

There was about twenty minutes of footage presented to Showtime already and we’ve heard it is so great it would make any buyer snap the new season up in a heartbeat.

A new trailer with exclusive footage will be dropping soon, presumably around the end of the current season of Showtime’s Penny Dreadful.

Also, a new video has been released showing Mark Frost reading a short passage from his forthcoming book ‘The Secret History of Twin Peaks’, which details a reading made by the Log Lady. A fitting detail and setting for us right now, in the wake of Catherine E. Coulson’s passing.

In this video, we casually discuss recent wrap events covered by star Madchen Amick and others. Not to mention it would seem that Michael J. Anderson will not be in this new season, sadly. Has he been replaced with actor Christophe Zajac Denek?

In the meantime, we can console ourselves with the notion that the immense 217-person cast list has been released as a sort of red herring. Could certain names be missing deliberately? The mystery deepens as we move closer to the beloved town…

1625771_1103449933027460_1864964061800492690_n

• 2 weeks later...

New Twin Peaks Likely To Premiere In April, May, Or June 2017

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin-peaks-premiere-april-may-june-2017/

In a conference call with reporters, Showtime CEO David Nevins today refrained from announcing a premiere date for Twin Peaks, which is currently in the hands of editor Duwayne Dunham and others involved in post-production. But according to the New York Times, he did reduce his previous ETA from the first half of 2017 to the second quarter of the same year. That means we can expect the continuation to start airing in April, May or June 2017.

Nevins also revealed that 80 percent of Showtime viewers watch on-demand, so the vast majority of their shows are not watched live. We’ll see how that statistic holds up in Q2 of 2017.

• 1 month later...

Sounds Like We’re Getting A Whole Bunch Of TWIN PEAKS Next Summer

More TWIN PEAKS than you can shake a plastic-wrapped Homecoming Queen at.

Ray Wise was at SDCC (San Diego Comic Con) over the weekend, where he appeared as part of a panel meant to promote DC Animation's The Killing Joke. While onstage, someone asked him about Showtime's forthcoming Twin Peaks reboot, and Wise had some not-so-new information to confirm for us.

For starters, Wise says that Twin Peaks will return to television next summer. This hasn't yet been confirmed by Showtime, but it does fall in line with previous reports that had the show's return pegged for the "second quarter" of 2017. 

Furthermore, Wise claimed that the show's heavily-hyped third season would consist of 18 new episodes, all of which will be directed by David Lynch. We already knew that Lynch's return to Twin Peaks would be a sprawling affair (remember that gigantic cast list from a while back?), but still: it's good hearing this from someone involved. Much like the premiere date situation, Showtime has not confirmed an episode count yet.

We're still not convinced that returning to Twin Peaks is the best idea ever, but come on: this is 18 new hours' worth of David Lynch-directed material. No matter how you cut it, that's an event, and one we hope turns out to be one worth celebrating.

Stay tuned for more on Showtime's Twin Peaks as it becomes available.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.slashfilm.com/twin-peaks-episodes/

‘Twin Peaks’ 2017 Episodes Run Over 60 Minutes or Release Different Streaming Versions [TCA 2016]

Near the beginning of his introduction to the Television Critics Association, Showtime Networks Inc. President and CEO David Nevins was discussing episode counts for his original series. Of the upcoming Twin Peaks, he said, “We don’t even know for sure how many episodes there will be.”

Showtime had a little bit to share with the TCA from 2017’s Twin Peaks return. A clip package featured actors behind the scenes describing vaguely how surprising and true to the original series it is, but no footage. We did see them unveil the old “Welcome to Twin Peaks” sign, and a group of suits led by James Marshall walking down the street. 

Nevins confirmed that filming has wrapped on Twin Peaks and David Lynch is editing the series. He promised a premiere in the first half of 2017. As for episode count, President of Programming Gary Levine explained why they have not finalized it.

“It is a fluid process,” Levine said. “David Lynch who is doing it all, he co-wrote with Mark [Frost], he directed every episode, he’s editing every episode, scoring every episode. It’s a process of seeing how it evolved. That organism continues to evolve. Until he’s figured that out and shows it to us, we actually won’t know.”

Episodes won’t have to conclude within 60 minutes either. On Showtime, episodes could run longer. After the panel, Levins spoke with reporters further about how Twin Peaks might air, saying he’s open to changing the standard length of a show.

“I’m definitely open,” Nevins said. “Everything about Twin Peaks is going to be unconventional. Unconventional in the handling of it and how we put it out in the world and how we market it. I want to really embrace the unusualness of it. I think it is quite possible we’re not going to do a traditional release pattern. I don’t know exactly what that means yet. I’ve had a couple conversations with David but I want to embrace the unexpectedness of it. I could definitely see longer episodes or this question of how do we release it linearly and how do we release it for people who want to stream it. There may be some difference between the two. There’s all sorts of possibilities.”

He is not, he said, considering releasing the entire season at once like streaming series do. According to Nevins, he accepted the series based on two scripts but did see the complete season script before production began. Levine added that the season-long script was not divided into episodes.

“David Lynch personally hand-carried binders that were yea thick with combined efforts of their writing,” Levine said. “It was never a prescribed number of episodes in that way and continues to evolve through the filming and editing process.”

Although they have not released any clips, the executives have begun to see footage. “We’re about to start seeing actually cut footage which is obviously more meaningful than dailies,” Nevins said.

Levine added, “In watching a little bit of dailies of Twin Peaks, we were both just instantly transported. It was really amazing. These weren’t even cut scenes. David was happy to share some of it with us. This is obviously a very unique partnership on this series and he’s earned that right. Boy, just looking at the dailies, the tone, the feel. It is so singular, we can’t wait to show it to the world.”

After the panel, Levins described the footage in a bit more detail. “Masterful,” Nevins said. “It’s really gorgeous and it has that feeling of sort of unsettling, eerie mystery but also stuff that’s really funny. I think it’s got a real sense of incredible specificity of Lynch’s characters.”

Nevins said he speaks with Lynch “every week or two.”

More announcements on Showtime’s new series and renewals to follow on /Film.

Edited by Jabberwocky
  • Like 1

10-Hour Secret History Of Twin Peaks Audiobook Voiced By Original And New Cast

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/secret-history-of-twin-peaks-audiobook-cast/

Another Twin Peaks cast announcement!

This one is for the audio version of Mark Frost’s upcoming Twin Peaks novel, The Secret History of Twin Peaks, currently available for pre-order via Amazon and Book Depository.

Voices from the original Twin Peaks cast:

Kyle MacLachlan (Dale Cooper)

Russ Tamblyn (Dr. Lawrence Jacoby)

Michael Horse (Deputy Hawk)

Chris Mulkey (Hank Jennings)

David Patrick Kelly (Jerry Horne)

New Twin Peaks cast members:

Amy Shiels

James Morrison

Robert Knepper

Additional voices will be provided by Annie Wersching (24, The Vampire Diaries, Bosch) and Len Cariou (Blue Bloods & Murder, She Wrote).

The audiobook, which has an estimated runtime of 10 hours, will be released the same day as the book, October 18, 2016, in two formats:

An 8-disc CD release (Amazon/Book Depository)

An Audible audio edition.

“I am thrilled that both original cast members and new actors will be coming together on this project to bring this other aspect of the world of Twin Peaks to life,” Mark Frost said in a statement to Entertainment Weekly

Edited by Jabberwocky

• 2 weeks later...

Eddie Vedder Is Visiting ‘Twin Peaks’ And He’s Bringing A New Song With Him

http://uproxx.com/music/eddie-vedder-twin-peaks/

No clichés sum up the Pacific Northwest like Pearl Jam, flannel, and coffee. I’m pretty sure that’s the official state motto of Washington: “Give me Pearl Jam, flannel, and coffee, or give me death.” And now, the trio will combine into a rain-soaked Voltron in 2017 when Eddie Vedder appears on Showtime’s coffee-loving Twin Peaks revival. (I assume he, or literally every other character, will be wearing flannel.) The “Angel” singer is one of 217 people in the cast list, which includes other notable, WTF names like Jim Belushi, Michael Cera, Trent Reznor, and Amanda Seyfried (that’s also my dream dinner party).

Unlike Belushi, who inconsiderately came to Twin Peaks empty-handed (minus the “gift” he left in the bathroom), Vedder brought a present with him: an original song for the soundtrack! He debuted “Out of Sand” during a solo set at the Ohana Music Festival over the weekend; the chorus goes, “But now it’s gone, gone / And I am who I am / Who I was I will never be again / Running out of sand.” Agent “BOB” Cooper really relates to the “who I was” line.

Anyway, it’s official: David Lynch prefers Pearl Jam to Soundgarden. I’m glad that decades old argument was finally settled.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

WE HAVE THE MONTH! (EDIT - THIS COULD BE WRONG)

"Season 3 of Twin Peaks is scheduled to air in April 2017 on Showtime"

Twin Peaks fans will be happy to learn that the third season has finished filming. They may be equally happy to hear that nothing about the new season, which comes 26 years after the second season ended, will be even remotely conventional. From the plot to the run times for the new Twin Peaks season, the Showtime panel at the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour revealed that everything about the Twin Peaks revival will be unconventional.

The TCA event granted Twin Peaks fans a look at the process of giving the cult favorite series a third season, with Showtime President and CEO David Nevins detailing the behind-the-scenes details at the summer press tour, reports Bloody Disgusting. Possibly more exciting for fans than any other detail is the news that David Lynch directed the episodes himself. Beyond that, Lynch is also personally editing the episodes and providing the musical scores for the scenes.

While many, including Showtime executives, are wondering just what that will mean for Twin Peaks, Gary Levine, who is Showtime’s President of Programming, says it will all remain a mystery, until Twin Peaks premieres.

“It’s a process of seeing how it evolved. That organism continues to evolve. Until [Lynch has] figured that out and shows it to us, we actually won’t know.”

Nevins adds that everything about Twin Peaks will be unpredictable, right down to the run times. Fans expecting the new Twin Peaks episodes to fit into traditional 30- or 60-minute time blocks may be unsettled a bit by the actual experience. Each episode for the third season of Twin Peaks will be a unique event in itself.

“Everything about Twin Peaks is going to be unconventional. Unconventional in the handling of it and how we put it out in the world and how we market it. I want to really embrace the unusualness of it,” said the Showtime CEO. “I think it is quite possible we’re not going to do a traditional release pattern. I don’t know exactly what that means yet. I’ve had a couple conversations with David but I want to embrace the unexpectedness of it. I could definitely see longer episodes or this question of how do we release it linearly and how do we release it for people who want to stream it. There may be some difference between the two. There’s all sorts of possibilities.”

Filming Twin Peaks has been a much more fluid experience than with most episodic television, with David Lynch working out his own schedule, so as Slash Film reveals, the season hasn’t even been divided into individual episodes yet. That will come with the editing process, but regardless of how Twin Peaks is ultimately released, Showtime executives are in agreement on one thing: Twin Peaks will not be premiere as one bulk release for binge watching as other streaming services have done in the past.

That may come as bad news for Twin Peaks fans too eager for Season 3 to wait for each episode on a weekly basis, but Levine says Lynch has done an amazing job, and it will definitely be well worth the wait. The fact that Levine is making these assertions based solely on the dailies may be a testament to the quality and dedication of everyone involved.

“In watching a little bit of dailies of Twin Peaks, we were both just instantly transported. It was really amazing. These weren’t even cut scenes. David was happy to share some of it with us. This is obviously a very unique partnership on this series and he’s earned that right. Boy, just looking at the dailies, the tone, the feel. It is so singular, we can’t wait to show it to the world.”

Season 3 of Twin Peaks is scheduled to air in April 2017 on Showtime.

• Like 2

Sky Atlantic Italy Announces May 2017 Premiere For The New Twin Peaks

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/sky-atlantic-italy-may-2017-twin-peaks/

This is the kind of announcement that makes you wish you spoke a little Italian!

At Sky Atlantic HD’s upfront in Milan on September 14, the Italian TV channel presented their 2016-2017 television season. One of the company’s proud announcements included a premiere date for the long-anticipated new season of Twin Peaks, which it acquired back in January.

David Linch torna a Twin Peaks e con lui buona parte del cast originale che ha recitato nelle prime due stagioni degli anni Novanta per la nuovissima TWIN PEAKS 3 in onda nel mese di maggio: Kyle MacLachlan, Sherilyn Fenn, Sheryl Lee e David Duchovny, ma ci saranno anche moltissimi nuovi attori come Monica Bellucci, Jim Belushi, Naomi Watts, Tim Roth, Michael Cera, Laura Dern, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Amanda Seyfried, e musicisti come Trent Reznor e Eddie Vedder.

Let’s just translate the most important part while deducing the year from the context of the news:

May 2017!

Coming from the Italy branch, it’s unknown whether this air date also applies to Sky Atlantic’s channels in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany and Austria.

May 2017 corresponds with Showtime’s projected premiere in next year’s second quarter, although the series’ original home may want to lead the parade by premiering Twin Peaks sooner than its partner networks. One Sky Upfront attendee even overheard January 2017 for the U.S. premiere, but don’t let that rumor get you too excited yet. Either way, here’s looking at you, Showtime!

Meanwhile, Sky Atlantic HD already aired reruns of the first two seasons and Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me.

Edited by Jabberwocky
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

There's a new teaser trailer for the "Twin Peaks" reboot, and it's as eerie as you'd expect

http://hellogiggles.com/new-teaser-trailer-twin-peaks-reboot/

When it was announced that the supernatural cult classic of the ’90s, Twin Peaks, was returning to Showtime in 2017, we, frankly, couldn’t even deal. The murder mystery, born from the creative genius of David Lynch, left us with so many question when the series ended after two seasons. The final episode originally aired in 1991 — and now, after over two decades — the fates of Agent Cooper, Laura Palmer, Audrey Horne, and more may finally be known.

In true Twin Peaks fashion, we still don’t know much about the reboot. Teasers have been perfectly creepy but barely informative — which is just the way we like it. David Lynch is still in charge (after some back and forth), most of our favorite characters are returning to the series, Sky Ferreira, Eddie Vedder, and Trent Reznor are also in the reboot, and brilliant composer, Angelo Badalamenti, will be scoring the series once more.

And that brings us to the new Twin Peaks reboot teaser that was released today. Badalamenti plays the iconic theme songs on the piano; the background is pitch black. Slowly, an image of Laura Palmer’s face fades into view.

That’s all the striking minute-long clip needs to convey the eerie mystery and unsettling drama that made Twin Peaks legendary. We are desperate for the premiere!

The First 5 Minutes Of “The Secret History Of Twin Peaks” Audiobook

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/secret-history-twin-peaks-audiobook-preview/

Two years after its surprise announcement, Mark Frost’s Twin Peaks novel is finally getting a multi-format release next week. For those curious about the Audible/CD-version of The Secret History of Twin Peaks, here’s a preview of the first four pages of the book which equals the first five out of a total 573 minutes (9 hours and 33 minutes) of audio.

Having David Patrick Kelly instead of David Lynch read an interoffice memo from Deputy Director Gordon Cole to FBI Special Agent TP, may indicate that other voice actors aren’t necessarily narrating lines for their original Twin Peaks characters either. In addition to DPK, the cast of the audiobook includes Kyle MacLachlan, Mark Frost, Russ Tamblyn, Michael Horse, Chris Mulkey, Amy Shiels, James Morrison, Robert Knepper,  Annie Wersching, Len Cariou, Mat Hostetler, Arthur Bishop and Ari Fliakos. Although yet unconfirmed, it’s unlikely the audiobook’s soundtrack was composed by Angelo Badalamenti.

Both the U.S. hardcover and the audio version will be out October 18, 2016. An 8-disc CD version is available for pre-order on Amazon and Book Depository (worldwide). A digital-only unabridged Audible version can be pre-ordered here.

Special deal: if you sign up for a free 30-day trial, you can listen to the audiobook for free! Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks

The German audio version of the book will be released November 11th as a double CD and can be pre-ordered via Amazon.