Twin Peaks returns (Confirmed)

Jabberwocky

Watch: Kyle MacLachlan, Miguel Ferrer Talk ‘Twin Peaks’ in Teaser

Showtime is whetting the appetite of fans for the “Twin Peaks” sequel coming next year with a teaser featuring cast members talking about the production process.

Actors Kyle MacLachlan, Miguel Ferrer, Kimmy Robertson, Harry Goaz, Dana Ashbrook and James Marshall share their thoughts on returning to the weird world of David Lynch and Mark Frost. The new take on the characters rooted in a fictional Washington town, where strange things happen, is set 25 years after the original ABC series. The return to “Twin Peaks” is unexpected in many ways, the actors assure.

“There’s a freshness to it, a lightness to it,” MacLachlan says.

Ferrer promises that the story will engage viewers. “It’s a big cast, a big story, big things happen,” he says.

The teaser includes comments from new “Twin Peaks” recruits Jim Belushi, Amy Shiels, Robert Knepper and Chrysta Bell.

Lynch and Frost wrote all episodes of the sequel, with Lynch directing. Production wrapped earlier this year after lensing in Los Angeles and Washington state.

There’s no word yet on a premiere date.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/twin-peaks-teaser-kyle-maclachlan-miguel-ferrer-david-lynch-sequel-1201892410/

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.indiewire.com/2016/11/mark-frost-twin-peaks-revival-trailers-1201744140/

Mark Frost on the ‘Twin Peaks’ Revival: ‘Trailers Are Coming Soon’ and More Reveals

Mark Frost has been answering questions about the upcoming “Twin Peaks” revival in a number of different forums lately, though the show’s co-creator has played things close to the vest. His AMA on Reddit this morning was no exception, though Frost — who recently released his book “The Secret History of Twin Peaks” — did offer some worthy insights, as when he was asked about viewers potentially reading into things too much. “Here’s my feeling about this,” he began, “and I’m not trying to dodge the question: If THEY saw something there it really doesn’t matter what the intention was.”

The author may not be dead, but he’s certainly tight-lipped. (David Lynch, the much more well-known mind behind “Twin Peaks,” doesn’t answer questions about the meaning of his work.) Frost was also asked about a “Titanic” scene in which a character appears to quote a line from the show (“I’d rather be his wife than your whore”), though he didn’t seem to have an answer: “Known Jim [Cameron] for many years. Never asked him that.” Ditto on the topic of David Bowie, who appeared in “Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me” and was rumored to have been taking part in the show’s third season before his death earlier this year: “Sorry. Classified.”

Frost had more to say about Don S. Davis and Catherine E. Coulson, who played Garland Briggs and the Log Lady, respectively. “Both were incredibly gentle, humble and thoughtful people. Game for anything and both with an incredible instinct for truth in their work. Loved them both.”

Perhaps the most interesting question came from a user who pointed out that Lynch’s recent films, like “Mulholland Drive” and “Inland Empire,” rarely engage in conventional storytelling. Asked whether the next batch of “Twin Peaks” episodes would follow this trend or be more like the first two seasons, Frost wasn’t especially forthcoming: “I’m going to have to let you decide this after you see it.” He did give at least one answer that’ll have fans excited, however: “Trailers are coming soon.” Read his full AMA here.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Showtime’s 2017 Promo Calendar Suggests New Twin Peaks Will Premiere Sunday, April 30th

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin-peaks-premiere-april-30-2017-calendar/

May is Twin Peaks month.

*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*

At least according to Showtime’s promotional wall calendar for 2017 which was sent out to cable companies yesterday. Flip over to May and as the month’s featured image, you’ll see Snoqualmie Falls and the Salish Lodge —or White Tail Falls and The Great Northern hotel as they’re known to the residents of Twin Peaks.

But more strikingly, the calendar page’s very first square, SUNDAY, APRIL 30th, 2017, is populated with the Welcome to Twin Peaks sign as seen in one of the early teasers. That day makes sense as a premiere date, with Twin Peaks taking over Homeland’s slot when its 6th season wraps by the end of April.

While this is merely another indicator the new series will be airing around May, an official premiere date is expected to be announced in a few days at Showtime’s TCA Winter Press Tour event on January 9th. A rumor suggests there will also be some kind of Twin Peaks event at the 2017 Sundance Film Festival (January 19-29). Looks like the show’s promotional campaign is finally shifting into second gear. Are you ready?

UPDATE: Mark Frost on Twitter denied that any screenings of the new Twin Peaks are happening at Sundance. However, he did not comment on the suggested premiere date.

• Like 2

Official Release Date Confirmed - May 21, 2017

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/01/twin-peaks-release-date-revival-david-lynch-showtime-series-1201764259/

‘Twin Peaks’ Revival: Release Date Announced For David Lynch’s Iconic Series

Lynch directed all 18 episodes of the revival, which finally landed an official premiere date.

It’s been more than two years since the “Twin Peaks” revival miniseries was announced, and this year marks its grand debut. During Showtime’s Television Critics Association panel, Showtime President and CEO David Nevins announced the official release date for the network’s much-anticipated series: May 21.

The 18-hour limited event series will debut with a two-hour premiere on Sunday, May 21 at 9 p.m. Immediately following the premiere, Showtime subscribers will have access to the third and fourth hours, exclusively across the Showtime streaming service and Showtime On Demand. In its second week, “Twin Peaks” will air the third and fourth hours back-to-back on the linear network, starting at 9 p.m., followed by one-hour episodes in subsequent weeks.

“The version of ‘Twin Peaks’ you’re going to see is the pure heroin version of David Lynch,” Nevins said, soon after the announcement. On Twitter, Showtime — in, we imagine, Agent Dale Cooper’s voice — addressed the announcement to one specific characterCreated by Mark Frost and David Lynch, the new episodes are a continuation of the original series, which ran from 1990 to 1991. It is set in the present day, 25 years after homecoming queen Laura Palmer’s shocking murder and sees the return of many original cast members, including Kyle MacLachlan as Special Agent Dale Cooper, Ray Wise as Leland Palmer, Harry Goaz, Miguel Ferrer, among others. Also back for the miniseries is composer Angelo Badalamenti, who was seen in an earlier teaser playing the “Laura Palmer” theme.

READ MORE: ‘Twin Peaks’ New Teaser: David Lynch Hypnotically Eats a Donut as Gordon Cole — Watch

All 18 episodes of the the Showtime series are directed by Lynch. The show marks the filmmaker’s first project for film or TV since 2006’s “Inland Empire.”  

“Twin Peaks” will premiere on May 21. Keep checking IndieWire for updates, footage from the new season, and more.

• Like 2

@jabberwocky Thanks for this thread and the work you do on it. You're keeping me up to date with everything and making it easy for me to see updates. Now that I have a date I just need to decide whether to watch the Gold box set or the Complete mystery Blu-ray edition before the release...I also own the VHS collection (I'm a twin peaks tragic) Judging by Lynch's previous movies like Mulholland Drive this is going to be awesome, I have no doubt I won't be disappointed.

• Like 2

On 1/11/2017 at 3:59 AM, aliexpress said:

@jabberwocky Thanks for this thread and the work you do on it. You're keeping me up to date with everything and making it easy for me to see updates. Now that I have a date I just need to decide whether to watch the Gold box set or the Complete mystery Blu-ray edition before the release...I also own the VHS collection (I'm a twin peaks tragic) Judging by Lynch's previous movies like Mulholland Drive this is going to be awesome, I have no doubt I won't be disappointed.

You're very much welcome :) I've been a fan since the beginning. Used to watch it with my mom. I used to have the VHS box set but it didn't have the pilot. I have the Gold Box set cause I don't have a Blu-Ray player. I also have a fan-edit version of Fire Walk With Me that clocks in at 3 and a half hours. Some guy used the original script and inserted what was in The Missing Pieces back into the original film. It's not official but it's easy to find the torrent of it.

13 hours ago, wasted said:

Is Sherilyn Fenn still alive? 

Yes. She will be in the new season returning as Audrey Horne.

Edited by Jabberwocky
  • Like 1

This is going to be like my Star Wars nerd out. I can get drunk and walk backwards like bobby again. 

The weirdest thing about this show is my parents used to make us watch it as part of our education.  To teach us about the dangers of the world or something. Like this is reality. Nothing ever happens and no one knows who did it. Now got out into the world. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 3

New teaser trailer (Video in link)

“Twin Peaks”: Here’s What FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper Looks Like 25 Years Later…

http://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3421243/twin-peaks-heres-fbi-special-agent-dale-cooper-looks-like-25-years-later/

Showtime presented us with a look at FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper, only 25 years, 7 months, and 3 days later…

“Twin Peaks” will journey back into the red room on Sunday, May 21, at 9/8c, with a two-hour premiere, it was announced earlier this week.

All told, the revival will consist of 18 hours, Showtime president and CEO David Nevins announced, while also revealing that, immediately following the two-hour opener, Episodes 3 and 4 will be available On Demand and via Showtime’s streaming platform.

“We’ve seen the whole thing… and the version of ‘Twin Peaks’ you’re going to see is the pure-heroin version of David Lynch,” Nevins said. “I’m very excited to put that out.”

The surreal drama, which aired on ABC from 1990 to 1991, followed FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper (to again be played by Kyle McLachlan) as he investigated the curious murder of a homecoming queen in the sleepy town of Twin Peaks, Wash.

The revival’s cast list features the return of several actors from the original series (including MacLachlan, Sherilyn Fenn, Madchen Amick, Sheryl Lee and David Duchovny) as well as a staggering amount of new faces (including Enlightened‘s Laura Dern,  Arrested Development‘s Michael Cera, The Thorn Birds‘ Richard Chamberlain, Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor and Gossip Girl‘s Jessica Szohr).

• Like 1

On 1/11/2017 at 9:47 AM, Silent Jay said:

I'm feeling the black lodge somewhere sometimes.

Must be a great place to hang around

I wonder how they are going to handle The Black Lodge stuff from not having either BOB or The Little Man From Another Place in the new series? I mean Frank Silva (BOB) died in 1995 and Michael J Anderson (TLMFAP) said some really, and I mean REALLY, dumb shit about his pay demands and the accusations he said about Lynch molesting his own daughter. While The One Armed Man and The Giant are in the cast it's going to be a sight to see without having the two most iconic characters in the new series.

5 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

It's called magick (lights and makeups).

Oh of course. Just saying he looks better than when they aged him in the Red Room dream scene where it looks like they threw sticky oatmeal on his face :lol:

Edited by Jabberwocky
  • Like 1

On 12/01/2017 at 0:41 PM, Jabberwocky said:

You're very much welcome :) I've been a fan since the beginning. Used to watch it with my mom. I used to have the VHS box set but it didn't have the pilot. I have the Gold Box set cause I don't have a Blu-Ray player. I also have a fan-edit version of Fire Walk With Me that clocks in at 3 and a half hours. Some guy used the original script and inserted what was in The Missing Pieces back into the original film. It's not official but it's easy to find the torrent of it.

That sounds good, I'll need to check it out. To be honest I prefer the Gold box set, you're not really missing anything new with the blu ray. Did you read the Mark Frost book that recently came out? I downloaded it from Audible but got bored, it wasn't really what I was looking for but did have some fun stuff in it.

6 hours ago, Jabberwocky said:

I wonder how they are going to handle The Black Lodge stuff from not having either BOB or The Little Man From Another Place in the new series? I mean Frank Silva (BOB) died in 1995 and Michael J Anderson (TLMFAP) said some really, and I mean REALLY, dumb shit about his pay demands and the accusations he said about Lynch molesting his own daughter. While The One Armed Man and The Giant are in the cast it's going to be a sight to see without having the two most iconic characters in the new series.

Frank Silva is definately a big loss. He scared the shit out of me as a kid and I don't know how they'll recreate the terror without him. I'm assuming Cooper will be the new BOB....It'll be his facing staring back in the mirror when we find out the next killer!

On 1/15/2017 at 0:47 AM, aliexpress said:

That sounds good, I'll need to check it out. To be honest I prefer the Gold box set, you're not really missing anything new with the blu ray. Did you read the Mark Frost book that recently came out? I downloaded it from Audible but got bored, it wasn't really what I was looking for but did have some fun stuff in it.

I'm kinda lukewarm to it. Most of it seemed like fan faction mixed in with a unrelated history book. While I really hope there are no UFO's in the series, I do hope there is some stuff actually filmed that appeared in the book.

On 1/15/2017 at 0:50 AM, Black Sabbath said:

Seeing as how I never got around to watching Fire Walk With Me, that fan-edit sounds very interesting.

The fan edit includes the characters that were cut from the theatrical version and expands more on the Black Lodge mythos. If you look for it it is called "Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - Teresa Banks And The Last Seven Days of Laura Palmer" and get the Q2 Version 2 edit.