Twin Peaks returns (Confirmed)

Jabberwocky

On 1/9/2017 at 5:42 PM, Jabberwocky said:

Official Release Date Confirmed - May 21, 2017

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/01/twin-peaks-release-date-revival-david-lynch-showtime-series-1201764259/

‘Twin Peaks’ Revival: Release Date Announced For David Lynch’s Iconic Series

Lynch directed all 18 episodes of the revival, which finally landed an official premiere date.

It’s been more than two years since the “Twin Peaks” revival miniseries was announced, and this year marks its grand debut. During Showtime’s Television Critics Association panel, Showtime President and CEO David Nevins announced the official release date for the network’s much-anticipated series: May 21.

The 18-hour limited event series will debut with a two-hour premiere on Sunday, May 21 at 9 p.m. Immediately following the premiere, Showtime subscribers will have access to the third and fourth hours, exclusively across the Showtime streaming service and Showtime On Demand. In its second week, “Twin Peaks” will air the third and fourth hours back-to-back on the linear network, starting at 9 p.m., followed by one-hour episodes in subsequent weeks.

“The version of ‘Twin Peaks’ you’re going to see is the pure heroin version of David Lynch,” Nevins said, soon after the announcement. On Twitter, Showtime — in, we imagine, Agent Dale Cooper’s voice — addressed the announcement to one specific characterCreated by Mark Frost and David Lynch, the new episodes are a continuation of the original series, which ran from 1990 to 1991. It is set in the present day, 25 years after homecoming queen Laura Palmer’s shocking murder and sees the return of many original cast members, including Kyle MacLachlan as Special Agent Dale Cooper, Ray Wise as Leland Palmer, Harry Goaz, Miguel Ferrer, among others. Also back for the miniseries is composer Angelo Badalamenti, who was seen in an earlier teaser playing the “Laura Palmer” theme.

READ MORE: ‘Twin Peaks’ New Teaser: David Lynch Hypnotically Eats a Donut as Gordon Cole — Watch

All 18 episodes of the the Showtime series are directed by Lynch. The show marks the filmmaker’s first project for film or TV since 2006’s “Inland Empire.”  

“Twin Peaks” will premiere on May 21. Keep checking IndieWire for updates, footage from the new season, and more.

I loove twin peaks. I'm really excited and will defiantly see it when it comes out. I hope it lives up to the hype, but you never know. The X files reboot was really confusing. Let's cross our fingers!

• Like 1

On 3/23/2017 at 4:33 PM, L'HopitalsRule said:

I loove twin peaks. I'm really excited and will defiantly see it when it comes out. I hope it lives up to the hype, but you never know. The X files reboot was really confusing. Let's cross our fingers!

If this new series ends up sucking balls it will be because of 3 things.

1. If this is done as pure nostalgia without pushing the envelope or moving it forward. I don't want this new series to be a comfort zone just for the sake of nostalgia.

2. If all of these characters and storylines are just retconned for convienience. For example, making Carl Rodd (Fat Trout Trailer Park manager from FWWM) as Shelly Johnson's dad or uncle. This was something that was never brought up in the movie and to do that is complete laziness.

3. If they use any of the ldeas that they had planned for the original third season. One idea was that the red room/black lodge existed in a planet made of cream corn. I wish I could say I am joking about that but I'm not. What little bit of stuff they had planned for the original season 3 was really bad

Edited by Jabberwocky
  • Like 1

Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier

A Second Twin Peaks Book & Audiobook By Mark Frost To Follow The New Series

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin-peaks-the-final-dossier-mark-frost-book/

After the new Twin Peaks series ends, we’ll have more Twin Peaks to look forward to!

Mark Frost has penned a second Twin Peaks book called “Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier,” which will be released by Flatiron Publishing on October 31, 2017. Amazon has already made it available for pre-order as a 176-page hardcover and an audiobook. More details to follow.

Is it going to be the unredacted version of the dossier discovered in The Secret History of Twin Peaks? Will it wrap things up after the new series’ conclusion in September? All we know at this point is that words like “Definitive,” “Complete,” “Entire,” and by consequence “Final” are usually not what they seem in the world of Twin Peaks.

Count down to the release and get updates on the (audio)book by joining the Facebook event page.

Welcome to Twin Peaks caught wind of plans for a second volume of The Secret History of Twin Peaks early last year. The rumor was confirmed when the book’s Polish publisher, in a comment on their official Facebook page dedicated to the book, revealed that a second volume will be published “a few months after the 3rd season of Twin Peaks airs.” Turns out it’ll be out only several weeks after the conclusion of the new series on Showtime.

The Secret History of Twin Peaks: Volume 2 confirmed

Translations provided by Facebook

Pre-order Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier on Amazon today as hardcover and/or audiobook.

Edited by Jabberwocky

My Log Has A Message For You: Two-Part Twin Peaks Premiere Gets Cryptic Titles!

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin-peaks-premiere-parts-titles/

Two descriptions or titles mysteriously appeared on Showtime’s web pages for the first two of 18 parts (not episodes) of David Lynch and Mark Frost’s Twin Peaks: The Return, airing May 21, 2017.

Twin Peaks: The Return Part 1 – My log has a message for you

The first part of the premiere is called “My log has a message for you,” which suggests we’ll see Catherine E. Coulson as the Log Lady in the very first hour of the new Twin Peaks. But who is the message for?

Twin Peaks: The Return Part 1: My Log Has A Message For You

Twin Peaks: The Return Part 2 – The stars turn and a time presents itself

The second part is titled or described as “The stars turn and a time presents itself.” Now I don’t know what that means, but I love it. Are Jupiter and Saturn in alignment again?

Twin Peaks: The Return Part 1: The Stars Turn And A Time Presents Itself

UPDATE: Showtime’s webmaster seems to be tweaking these pages live on the server, and it appears that this description now applies to parts 1 and 2. We’ll find out more soon.

In addition to these vague clues, Showtime’s advisories mention adult content, adult language, violence and brief nudity. And one cast member: Kyle MacLachlan.

• Like 1

Twin Peaks To Premiere At The 2017 Cannes Film Festival

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin-peaks-cannes-2017/

Twenty-five years after Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me debuted at the Cannes Film Festival, director David Lynch will return to the Croisette with a continuation of the Laura Palmer mystery. It was announced today that Showtime will preview the first two parts of the “18-part feature” at the 70th anniversary edition of the festival which kicks off May 17, 2017.

Ever since Showtime announced the May 21st premiere for Twin Peaks, it’s been noted that the timing would be perfect for a world premiere at the prestigious film festival. A date for the screening hasn’t been announced yet, but the festival runs May 17 through 28. Monica Bellucci, who is part of the new cast, is the festival’s Mistress of Ceremonies. Other special guests in attendance are to be announced.

There will be a Hollywood premiere for Twin Peaks as well.

• 2 weeks later...

New Teaser Revisits The Town Of Twin Peaks 25 Years Later

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/teaser-twin-peaks-locations-25-years-later/

Showtime’s latest Twin Peaks teaser revisits a handful of familiar locations twenty-five years later and through a digital lens. Not much has changed at first sight…

Or has it?

Which differences strike you the most?

Also note the sound of e-lec-tri-ci-ty between shots.

• Like 1

Watch “Twin Peaks” Characters Return 25 Years Later in New Trailer (ALL NEW FOOTAGE)

http://pitchfork.com/news/72110-watch-twin-peaks-characters-return-25-years-later-in-new-trailer/

Twin Peaks” returns very soon. The beloved David Lynch show returns with a two-hour premiere on Sunday, May 21 at 9 p.m. Eastern on Showtime. Today, there’s a new trailer for the new season, showing how the characters have changed since the program last aired. It features appearances from: Ed Hurley, Carl Rodd, Laura Palmer’s mother Sarah, Deputy Andy Brennan, Deputy Hawk, and, of course, FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper. The only speaking part in the trailer goes to Hawk, who says, “Really.” Watch the new “Twin Peaks” teaser below.

The latest trailer follows another clip that revealed new location footage. The cast also reunited for an Entertainment Weekly photoshoot. In addition to its Showtime premiere, two new episodes of “Twin Peaks” will show at the Cannes Film Festival.

Follow all of Pitchfork’s “Twin Peaks” coverage here, and revisit our feature “The Discomfort Zone: Exploring the Musical Legacy of David Lynch.”

• Like 2

New Twin Peaks Characters And Locations Introduced In “It Is Happening Again” Teaser

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/new-twin-peaks-characters-locations-teaser/

With the return of Twin Peaks drawing even closer, another trailer has been released--and this one actually features some real dialogue.

Whereas last week's Twin Peaks trailer featured only a single word--Hawk saying, "Really"--this one has a bit more, including a pair of actual, complete sentences. Given the secrecy that's involved what the upcoming series will be about, that's exciting news for fans who have waited more than 25 years for a continuation of the series.

The new trailer also distinguishes itself from last week's by featuring new characters. While we do still see some returning faces--including Cooper, Andy, Lucy, Shelly, Gordon, and Albert--we're also afforded a peek at a number of new characters, including those played by Ben Rosenfield, Madeline Zima, Leslie Berger, Nicole LaLiberte, Gia Carides and Jessica Szohr.

Twin Peaks' new season is comprised of 18 episodes and debuts on Showtime with a two-parter on Sunday, May 21 at 9 PM ET/PT. The following two episodes will be released through the network's streaming service on the same day, with ensuing episodes airing on Sundays until a two-part finale on September 3.

Edited by Jabberwocky
  • Like 1

Twin Peaks Offers First Look At Dr. Jacoby & Ben Horne In New Photos

http://www.alternativenation.net/twin-peaks-offers-first-look-dr-jacoby-ben-horne-new-photos/

twinpeaksjacoby-696x407.jpg

Twin Peaks have shared four new photos from their upcoming revival season on Showtime, featuring the first look at Ben Horne and Dr. Jacoby. You can view the photos below! Also check out new Twin Peaks podcasts from Obnoxious and Anonymous below, and remember to go to Twin Peaks Worldwide!

Laura Dern also discussed finding out about the new Twin Peaks in a recent W interview, “I went up to the house and [David Lynch] gave me a cappuccino. I don’t drink coffee. I don’t smoke cigarettes but it’s just part of being in David’s life that somehow both things happen, at least when I’m acting for him and usually when I’m around him. We had a conversation.

He started describing something a little while ago and I could see he was dreaming up an idea and he would hint at a mood or a feeling he had around this character. And I didn’t know if it was a movie. I had no idea what he was talking about. So he just left me with that almost eerie magic. And then he had the reveal of, ‘Here’s what we’re going to do. We’re going to make Twin Peaks…”

1NsES4M.jpg

wpO2jtX.jpg

8NRTU6v.jpg

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Never watched the original series, not sure why, but I think since it's on Showtime now, I just might have to check this show out.

A lot of good actors are starring in it.

Do yourself a favor and watch it :) Just don't watch the movie "Fire Walk With Me' first because it is very spoilery, being that it is a prequal and all of that :lol:   I've been a Twin Peaks fan since it originally aired back in 1990

Edited by Jabberwocky

First 8 Parts Of The New Twin Peaks Now All Have Brief Yet Intriguing Descriptions

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin-peaks-parts-1-8-descriptions/

Showtime recently added vague descriptions for Twin Peaks: The Return Parts 1 through 4 to their website. Here’s a refresher:

Part 1: My log has a message for you. 
Part 2: The stars turn and a time presents itself.
Part 3: Call for help.
Part 4: …brings back some memories.

As we all know, the first two hours will air on May 21st, with parts 3 and 4 immediately available on-demand for those who can’t get enough. If you need some time to digest the two-part premiere, 3 and 4 will also air back-to-back on May 28th.

Today, the next four installments were given descriptions. Although meager —some are just two words long— it’s enough to capture your imagination anyhow.

Part 5: Case files.
Part 6: Don’t die.
Part 7: There’s a body all right.
Part 8: Gotta light?

These parts air respectively June 4, 11, 18, and 25.

Will we see the first body, wrapped in plastic, in Part 7 or earlier? And whose quote is that? Who’s the smoker in part 8? Your thoughts? 

• Like 1

Twin Peaks’ David Lynch & Kyle MacLachlan Reveal What It’d Take To For Season 4 To Happen

http://www.alternativenation.net/twin-peaks-david-lynch-kyle-maclachlan-what-itd-take-season-to-happen/

Twin Peaks co-creator David Lynch and star Kyle MacLachlan discussed the future of the series beyond its revived third season on Showtime in new interviews today.

David Lynch told USA Today, “You never say never.”

Kyle MacLachlan said in a Hollywood Reporter interview, “It’s a good question. I don’t know. David has said: ‘Everything is Twin Peaks.’ It leads me to believe that there are other stories to tell. I think it’s just a question of whether David and Mark want to tell them. I don’t know. But I’m happy.

Revisiting the character, working on this character again, was really such a thrill. And working with David again. It had been a long time since we had the director-actor relationship. That was spectacular. Hopefully it’s not the last time. I hope there’s more that we can do together, whether it’s Twin Peaks or not.”

David Lynch told Rolling Stone, “I have no idea. It depends on how it goes over. You’re going to have to wait and see.”

Lynch also told Rolling Stone about shooting the new series, “Oh, the woods are full of mystery. It’s really great. Daytime woods are really beautiful, but at night, the mystery quotient goes way up and it’s a real beautiful experience. The woods in the Northwest, they’re friendly woods. I guess you could come across a bear, though by and large they’re very friendly. But they still hold a mystery. They’re kind of overwhelming when you’re in them and it’s night.”

“I'll see you again in 25 y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ HOURS!”

Countdown clock for Twin Peaks

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/countdown/

...and with that this will be my last post on this thread. I hope everybody has enjoyed this long and bumpy ride for a show that is set to have a new season after 27 years. I know that a large majority of this thread was just me giving updates and shit but I did it for the few fellow Peaks freaks here.

I'll see you in The Black Lodge..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jabberwocky said:

“I'll see you again in 25 y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ HOURS!”

Countdown clock for Twin Peaks

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/countdown/

...and with that this will be my last post on this thread. I hope everybody has enjoyed this long and bumpy ride for a show that is set to have a new season after 27 years. I know that a large majority of this thread was just me giving updates and shit but I did it for the few fellow Peaks freaks here.

I'll see you in The Black Lodge..

Again, thank you for this thread. Now 24 hours till my son goes to bed and my wife goes to yoga.... I can't wait, this will be an awesome Monday night! By the premier reviews it doesn't disappoint.

• Like 1

Thoughts? 

I stayed up till 2 am UK time to watch it with the world, I thought it was incredible. I'm still buzzing from it now and am about to re watch. I think David lynch out lynched himself, it was bizarre, funny, scary, sad...gonna watch episodes 3 and 4 shortly.

I was a bit disappointed - I'm not complaining, that's just how I felt after watching it. As a Lynch feature it's awesome and I can't wait to see where it goes but I wish it was a bit less Lynch and a bit more Twin Peaks. I've only watched the first two episodes, will check out part 3 and 4 tonight. I do like the evil Cooper segments, I hope there's a lot of focus on them going forwards....preferably in Twin Peaks, although the NYC camera work and story was a highlight too.