Twin Peaks returns (Confirmed)

Jabberwocky

8 hours ago, alfierose said:

Watched Part 1 & 2 so far. I loved Twin Peaks as a 90s teen and I wasn't disappointed with this, it felt nostalgic but still fresh.

Still not sure fully what is going on though (as ever). :lol:

I watched the first 4 parts and I gotta say that I am glad that this is not a retread. This is Lynch/Frost in 2017 and I'm happy about this. It's still Twin Peaks but it also incorporates different, and new, surrealistic elements. The writing is top notch. The Little Man From Another Place is now an electrical tree LOL (that's what you get Mr. Anderson for refusing to participate without that ludicris amount of money you were asking for and for saying that Twin Peaks was all about how Lynch raped his own daughter)

For anybody who is thinking "this makes no sense and is not like the old show" just remember that the whole first season was very surrealistic and it didn't start to tie together until the first part of season 2. I feel like it is going to start to gel into something concrete just like the old show did. How many episodes/parts for it to take is anybody's guess but it will happen. This new season is not about a FBI agent going to investigate a dead girl wrapped in plastic this time around. This time it is about Cooper's redemption.

Also Evil Cooper is a fucking badass. He is "eager for fun" :)

Edited by Jabberwocky
  • Like 1

I saw someone on twitter that summed it up perfectly by saying The first 2 seasons were Lynch conforming to TV. This season is TV conforming to Lynch.

So while I can see if you are more of a Twin Peaks only but not as in to Lynch's other stuff kind of person, you might not be as in to it.

I feel anyone who loves Lynch will love this. It is him in all his ultra strange glory.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stiff Competition said:

I saw someone on twitter that summed it up perfectly by saying The first 2 seasons were Lynch conforming to TV. This season is TV conforming to Lynch.

So while I can see if you are more of a Twin Peaks only but not as in to Lynch's other stuff kind of person, you might not be as in to it.

I feel anyone who loves Lynch will love this. It is him in all his ultra strange glory.

Exactly. When David Nivens (CEO of Showtime) said that this new season/series of Twin Peaks was the "pure heroin version of Lynch" he wasn't bullshitting :lol:

Caught some of part 1 and 2 last night and was hooked.

I have to dvr parts 1 and 2 and then continue to dvr the whole season.

One question? I never watched the original show, so will I be totally confused or can I just watch this as a whole new show just with the same characters as the original show? thanks.

28 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

One question? I never watched the original show, so will I be totally confused or can I just watch this as a whole new show just with the same characters as the original show? thanks.

well, the cliffhanger ending of the original series explains why the situation with cooper is happening.

Plus you'll understand what the black lodge is, who the characters are etc. It's not absolutely imperative to watch it, but it helps for sure.
If you can find some like youtube sum up of the series, even that would help if you don't want to go back and watch the 2 seasons.

I have been waiting on this season for so long and omg... words can't describe how pleased I am so far. The direction that Lynch has decided to go with the show is amazing and it's really nothing like the original seasons at all. This season is full blown Lynch and I love it so much. 

On 5/24/2017 at 3:31 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I can't imagine even trying to watch this season without knowing the background of the show and why Cooper is where he is... I would definitely try to watch the first seasons first, even if this season is something completely different so far. 

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 3:01 PM, Stiff Competition said:

well, the cliffhanger ending of the original series explains why the situation with cooper is happening.

Plus you'll understand what the black lodge is, who the characters are etc. It's not absolutely imperative to watch it, but it helps for sure.
If you can find some like youtube sum up of the series, even that would help if you don't want to go back and watch the 2 seasons.

Okay, thanks for the heads up. I think Showtime did replay the original shows, but I have so many damn tv shows to watch I didn't bother to dvd them.

I also have so many summer shows coming back and some new tv shows that actually look pretty good. I might have to dvr all Twin Peaks and then binge watch them. lol

I finally got the movie, Get Out and I really want to watch it tonight. I really hope it has some awesome shocks for me. I hate hearing amazing things about a movie (Split) and then it falls short for me.

13 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

Micheal Cera's part was the worst thing so far. Didn't care for that at all. Felt very shoehorned.

Well it was just a way of seeing who Andy's and Lucy's kid was is all. As far as I know he's only in that one scene for the entire show. What I didn't like about it was that it dragged on for too long.

• Like 1

It feels new, we get to see the journey of Cooper in the black lodge which is what I wanted to see and, it's still Twin Peaks. It's darker and a lot more esoteric. I'm going to re-watch the four episodes. I think I'm enjoying this season a lot more than season two. This is great and quite modern.

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 0:21 PM, alfierose said:

Watched Part 1 & 2 so far. I loved Twin Peaks as a 90s teen and I wasn't disappointed with this, it felt nostalgic but still fresh.

Still not sure fully what is going on though (as ever). :lol:

Okay, yeah me too. Although I never watched the original series, can't remember why now? I did watch the new series last night parts 1 and 2 and still don't know exactly what the hell this show is about?

Showtime does have the original series season 1 and 2 on demand, but there is over 30 shows, I doubt I'll ever be able to watch them before this season ends.

I do love that it's on cable now so you can hearing cursing. lol

anyway, not sure what the whole sequence with Cooper was with those people and the arm tree. After I watched it I felt like my mind was invaded by aliens.

Anyway, I will continue to watch this new season as I really want to know WTF is going on?

Was this like the original series was back in the day?

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Was this like the original series was back in the day?

Not quite, it started off more as a murder mystery, albeit an unusual one. I think it was season 2 where the weirdness really ramped up.

You should try and watch the first two seasons. To be honest I can't imagine what I would make of it without that knowledge. :rofl-lol:

Season 1 is really short, about 8 episodes I think, even if you just watched that it would make more sense of the show.

Well, I watched the part 3 last night and still have no idea what the hell is going on, yet I can't stop watching it. Maybe over the summer I will try to watch the tv series.

I watch tons of shows and most of coming back for the summer, plus new shows that look good, so I don't know when I can fit it in.

Anyway, it's just like nothing I've ever seen before!

On 5/22/2017 at 6:36 PM, Black Sabbath said:

Watched the first two episodes. It was so Lynch, it was almost weird to watch. Like, I was expecting it to be good, but I think my expectations were exceeded. So far, at least.

Side note: Madchen is just flawless, even still.

never watched the original, vaguely recall it involved pie somehow. was curious about the remake but still don't think i will watch. BTW Madchen was born in Sparks,NV which is basically Reno though i doubt she visits anymore much less has a house unless her parents still live here :D

On 5/28/2017 at 3:55 PM, Silent Jay said:

It feels new, we get to see the journey of Cooper in the black lodge which is what I wanted to see and, it's still Twin Peaks. It's darker and a lot more esoteric. I'm going to re-watch the four episodes. I think I'm enjoying this season a lot more than season two. This is great and quite modern.

It's completely new but has some familiarity, or at least that is what it will build up to. The thing with season 2 was that the writers were scrambling for story ideas because they never thought they would even get a season 2. Once you get past the cartoonish sub-plots (Little Nicky, Ben Horne Civil War, the pine weasel stuff) there is the push and pull between Cooper and Windom Earle at it's center. I really think season 2 gets a bad rep. Even Lynch says he stopped watching it during that time. I think he's doing a bit of revisionist history because he and Mark Frost were executive producers. This means that every script had to have his and Frost's A-OK. So if he thought these were stinkers he could have done something with the scripts. Also really sick and tired of the "well he was working on Wild At Heart so that's why he was less involved in season 2". That is total bullshit. Both the 1st season and Wild At Heart were being edited at the same time.

8 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, I watched the part 3 last night and still have no idea what the hell is going on, yet I can't stop watching it. Maybe over the summer I will try to watch the tv series.

I watch tons of shows and most of coming back for the summer, plus new shows that look good, so I don't know when I can fit it in.

Anyway, it's just like nothing I've ever seen before!

Yes, do so. You can't really WATCH Twin Peaks. You have to let it envelop you into that world. Of course there are differences between the 90-91 season and this new one but neither one can be watched or explained in a Cliff Notes version. It is a continuing story for a reason :)

6 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

never watched the original, vaguely recall it involved pie somehow. was curious about the remake but still don't think i will watch. BTW Madchen was born in Sparks,NV which is basically Reno though i doubt she visits anymore much less has a house unless her parents still live here :D

Do yourself a favor and do so. There were only 30 episodes and a film. Never knew Madchen was from Nevada but maybe it makes sense that there are some scenes from Vegas :lol:

Plus Madchen's duaghter is a major hottie. Would smash :)

Madchen-Amick-Mina-Tobias-25096.jpg

B0_2C59CAAEY1uF.jpg

Edited by Jabberwocky
  • Like 1

Okay watched part 4.  I know I will have to watch the tv series, because I have no idea what the hell is going on.

There seems to be many different Coopers. not sure why?

When the show goes into that red room, it makes my head hurt.

I know David Lynch has always been out there, but it's like he's doing some storyline and then goes back to whatever.

He's reminding me of Rob Zombie's movies and that's not a good thing.

I think if I can find time to watch at least season 1 I might have an idea of what's going on or not? lol

18 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Okay watched part 4.  I know I will have to watch the tv series, because I have no idea what the hell is going on.

There seems to be many different Coopers. not sure why?

When the show goes into that red room, it makes my head hurt.

I know David Lynch has always been out there, but it's like he's doing some storyline and then goes back to whatever.

He's reminding me of Rob Zombie's movies and that's not a good thing.

I think if I can find time to watch at least season 1 I might have an idea of what's going on or not? lol

Yeah ya gotta start with the series first. There is no way to come into this version cold and be able to follow it. As far as just watching the 1st season to understand the Red Room and the Lodges then you'll end up very short because most of that is explored in season 2 and in the movie "Fire Walk With Me"

With Lynch you're not going to get all of the answers and he will not explain his films because it takes away what the film means to the veiwer. I can respect that because not everything in a story or a film needs a Chekhov's Gun.

Lynch has also said that the only two parts of Twin Peaks that he watched before co-writing the new series was the pilot episode and Fire Walk With Me.

And as far as to why there are 3 Coopers was because the good one was trapped in The Black Lodge and escaped through using the manufactured Cooper (aka Dougie) body to get evil Cooper and bring him back to the lodge. Also, in the film, it explains that the lodge spirits travel using electricity.

Edited by Jabberwocky
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Jabberwocky said:

Yeah ya gotta start with the series first. There is no way to come into this version cold and be able to follow it. As far as just watching the 1st season to understand the Red Room and the Lodges then you'll end up very short because most of that is explored in season 2 and in the movie "Fire Walk With Me"

With Lynch you're not going to get all of the answers and he will not explain his films because it takes away what the film means to the veiwer. I can respect that because not everything in a story or a film needs a Chekhov's Gun.

Lynch has also said that the only two parts of Twin Peaks that he watched before co-writing the new series was the pilot episode and Fire Walk With Me.

And as far as to why there are 3 Coopers was because the good one was trapped in The Black Lodge and escaped through using the manufactured Cooper (aka Dougie) body to get evil Cooper and bring him back to the lodge. Also, in the film, it explains that the lodge spirits travel using electricity.

Okay thanks for one answer. lol

I'm going to try to start the tv series. If I get some idea of what the show is about it might help me watching the new show.

Yeah, I know Lynch has always been a different kind of director.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2017 at 0:56 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Okay thanks for one answer. lol

I'm going to try to start the tv series. If I get some idea of what the show is about it might help me watching the new show.

Yeah, I know Lynch has always been a different kind of director.

No sweat LOL. I know of the frustration. Just remember that the series, the film, and this new season are all different animals. For Lynch it is all about getting an image and directing/writing from an, emotional place, I guess I'd call it. I mean the whole Red Room sequence from the original series popped into his mind when he put his hands on the roof of a hot car. Just that quick. No descernable context. Also if you REALLY wanna figure out what the whole White/Black Lodge is about then read up on theosophy cause that's where that shit come from. Yeah I'm a TP/Lynch geek LOL

14 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

It reminds me that Trent Reznor is in this season.

I think Trent and Co. are gonna just be one of the Roadhouse bands they use to bookend each part. Probably something slow/mid-tempo. Doubt they will do "March Of The Pigs" LOL

Edited by Jabberwocky

Okay, last night I watched Twin Peaks Fire walk with me. It wasn't bad. Still strange, but at least it had a storyline. Some of the bar scenes were too damn long and the music sucked.

Anyway, today I tried watching the first episode of season 1. I was getting confused because since I watched the movie, I knew who killed Laura Palmer and some of the show seemed strange because the movie seemed to have changed things.

I laughed when I saw Susan's parents from Seinfeld on this show. I bet that's why Seinfeld hired them to play husband and wife.

Anyway, this show was making me crazy. I give up.

Can't do it anymore. it's too weird for me.

Just let me know how this new season ends, because I'm not watching it anymore. I don't like how this show makes me feel after I watch it.