Twin Peaks returns (Confirmed)

Jabberwocky

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 11:10 PM, Jabberwocky said:

It's completely new but has some familiarity, or at least that is what it will build up to. The thing with season 2 was that the writers were scrambling for story ideas because they never thought they would even get a season 2. Once you get past the cartoonish sub-plots (Little Nicky, Ben Horne Civil War, the pine weasel stuff) there is the push and pull between Cooper and Windom Earle at it's center. I really think season 2 gets a bad rep. Even Lynch says he stopped watching it during that time. I think he's doing a bit of revisionist history because he and Mark Frost were executive producers. This means that every script had to have his and Frost's A-OK. So if he thought these were stinkers he could have done something with the scripts. Also really sick and tired of the "well he was working on Wild At Heart so that's why he was less involved in season 2". That is total bullshit. Both the 1st season and Wild At Heart were being edited at the same time.

Yes, do so. You can't really WATCH Twin Peaks. You have to let it envelop you into that world. Of course there are differences between the 90-91 season and this new one but neither one can be watched or explained in a Cliff Notes version. It is a continuing story for a reason :)

Do yourself a favor and do so. There were only 30 episodes and a film. Never knew Madchen was from Nevada but maybe it makes sense that there are some scenes from Vegas :lol:

Plus Madchen's duaghter is a major hottie. Would smash :)

Madchen-Amick-Mina-Tobias-25096.jpg

B0_2C59CAAEY1uF.jpg

Yeah, you said it correctly. You have to just let the show take you where ever the hell it takes you. lol

I did watch part 5 last night and I thought it was pretty good. I loved seeing Peggy Lipton again. She's still so pretty.

And Don Murray. I thought he was dead. Candy clark. It's nice to see older actors getting work again.

The whole sheriff looking for something that's missing is like WTF? How long will they be there at that table looking for something that is missing? lol

Sometimes, I wonder why Lynch does scenes that just go on and on. Like the characters stare at stuff for along time and then nothing? Very strange.

The car blowing up had me cracking up. It's like you knew it was going to happen and how stupid were those guys.

5 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, you said it correctly. You have to just let the show take you where ever the hell it takes you. lol

I did watch part 5 last night and I thought it was pretty good. I loved seeing Peggy Lipton again. She's still so pretty.

And Don Murray. I thought he was dead. Candy clark. It's nice to see older actors getting work again.

The whole sheriff looking for something that's missing is like WTF? How long will they be there at that table looking for something that is missing? lol

Sometimes, I wonder why Lynch does scenes that just go on and on. Like the characters stare at stuff for along time and then nothing? Very strange.

The car blowing up had me cracking up. It's like you knew it was going to happen and how stupid were those guys.

Good to see that you haven't given up yet LOL

You've pointed out about how nice it is that older actors being able to work again. In the original series they did the same thing. Peggy Lipton, Piper Laurie, Russ Tamblyn, etc were all pretty much retired.

Now the reason behind all of the dead air in some of the performances is to build tension. Whether it is for something scary, dramatic, or humorous. That's the main reason why the scenes just seem to go on and on with them staring at stuff. But so far these are played out in a humorous tone. That's a part of the charm in this version and in the original is that there are no snappy one-liners needed like the average sitcom has been doing. It's all done in a realistic way without having to worry about comedy beats.

What I have always loved about Twin Peaks is that it allows you to think and to dream. It allows me to come up with theories because nothing is ever spelled out in a typical fashion. All good art is reciprocal.

We are only 5 episodes/parts in and it has done nothing but blow my mind.

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 9:33 PM, Jabberwocky said:

Good to see that you haven't given up yet LOL

You've pointed out about how nice it is that older actors being able to work again. In the original series they did the same thing. Peggy Lipton, Piper Laurie, Russ Tamblyn, etc were all pretty much retired.

Now the reason behind all of the dead air in some of the performances is to build tension. Whether it is for something scary, dramatic, or humorous. That's the main reason why the scenes just seem to go on and on with them staring at stuff. But so far these are played out in a humorous tone. That's a part of the charm in this version and in the original is that there are no snappy one-liners needed like the average sitcom has been doing. It's all done in a realistic way without having to worry about comedy beats.

What I have always loved about Twin Peaks is that it allows you to think and to dream. It allows me to come up with theories because nothing is ever spelled out in a typical fashion. All good art is reciprocal.

We are only 5 episodes/parts in and it has done nothing but blow my mind.

Russ is in one of my all time and my mom's favorite movies the original The Haunting with Julie Harris. Such an awesome movie.

His daughter Amber was on GH for a while back in the early 2000. She was excellent. I knew she would move on.

Well, it goes to show you how amazing an actor is no matter what age they are.

The new guy who was smoking in the Bang Bang bar is going to be trouble. I knew that girl was in trouble the minute she asked him for a light. What the hell was she thinking? It's not always a good thing flirting with a bad boy!

This week's Rolling Stone (which I get in the mail never ordered it) had a story on Twin Peaks and it explained the two Coopers, so I'm getting it now. lol

The article mentioned how in the new TP, Laura Palmer told Agent Cooper she would see him in 25 years and how it's happened.

Also the log woman is now deceased since filming this show in 2015.

I think I will stick with it to the end and just go with the flow! lol

On 6/8/2017 at 4:04 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

The new guy who was smoking in the Bang Bang bar is going to be trouble. I knew that girl was in trouble the minute she asked him for a light. What the hell was she thinking? It's not always a good thing flirting with a bad boy!

This week's Rolling Stone (which I get in the mail never ordered it) had a story on Twin Peaks and it explained the two Coopers, so I'm getting it now. lol

The article mentioned how in the new TP, Laura Palmer told Agent Cooper she would see him in 25 years and how it's happened.

Also the log woman is now deceased since filming this show in 2015.

I think I will stick with it to the end and just go with the flow! lol

That's the spirit :) I know I had to go with the flow back in the old series too. There just wasn't any internet to discuss it with others and none of my friends, back in high school, watched it.

Have you gotten to episode 6 yet?

Alot of the criticism towards it now is all tied up in the Dougie Jones/Cooper plotline. People are complaining it's taking too long for Cooper to regain his senses. All I can say is that Cooper has spent 25 YEARS in a hellish, extra-dimensional, place of nightmares so of course he's gonna be just a wee bit truamatized LOL.

I also think that Rancho Rosa takes place in the past. 2003 to be exact. Slot machines were still spitting out coins, and not tickets, like they do now. Also notice how many For Sale signs there are and how deserted the place is. I think it ties in with the housing crisis bubble that happened in 2003. I could be off base but I'm just speculating.

Edited by Jabberwocky

And The Titles For Twin Peaks Parts 9 Through 12 Are…

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin-peaks-part-9-10-11-12-titles/

Showtime has added new captions for four upcoming parts of the new Twin Peaks.

• Part 9: This is the chair. (July 9, 2017)
  • Part 10: Laura is the one. (July 16, 2017)
  • Part 11: There’s fire where you are going. (July 23, 2017)
  • Part 12: Let’s rock. (July 30, 2017)

So far, all of the titles have been lines spoken by characters in the show.

• Part 1: My log has a message for you. (Margaret Lanterman aka the Log Lady)
  • Part 2: The stars turn and a time presents itself. (Margaret Lanterman aka the Log Lady)
  • Part 3: Call for help. (Dale Cooper)
  • Part 4: …brings back some memories. (Bobby Briggs)
  • Part 5: Case files. (Dale Cooper)
  • Part 6: Don’t die. (MIKE aka The One-Armed Man)
  • Part 7: There’s a body all right. (Unaired)
  • Part 8: Gotta light? (Unaired)

Take a guess, which characters will deliver the captions for Parts 7 through 12?

That one armed guy cracks me up. When he started telling Dale "don't die" I just started laughing. That red room makes me crazy. I hate that floor.

I think Dale is remembering who he used to be. Wonder if it'll happen before the season ending?

Love Naomi Watts telling those loan sharks off. lol That was priceless.

That junkie woman so annoys me.

I wonder what was in that letter that the Native American police man found. I love how they just go through the files without finding what's missing. lol Too much.

Guess I'm getting to realize this show isn't that bad after all. you just have to take it for what it is and enjoy the ride.

20 hours ago, Jabberwocky said:

That's the spirit :) I know I had to go with the flow back in the old series too. There just wasn't any internet to discuss it with others and none of my friends, back in high school, watched it.

Have you gotten to episode 6 yet?

Alot of the criticism towards it now is all tied up in the Dougie Jones/Cooper plotline. People are complaining it's taking too long for Cooper to regain his senses. All I can say is that Cooper has spent 25 YEARS in a hellish, extra-dimensional, place of nightmares so of course he's gonna be just a wee bit truamatized LOL.

I also think that Rancho Rosa takes place in the past. 2003 to be exact. Slot machines were still spitting out coins, and not tickets, like they do now. Also notice how many For Sale signs there are and how deserted the place is. I think it ties in with the housing crisis bubble that happened in 2003. I could be off base but I'm just speculating.

I find it funny that people who knew the real Dougie haven't realized that this guy is not him. lol

Why was that dark haired woman killed? Was she involved with Dougie? That little guy was just crazy.

Was that Laura Dern under that blonde wig in the bar? Was she in the original series and who is she.

4 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

That one armed guy cracks me up. When he started telling Dale "don't die" I just started laughing. That red room makes me crazy. I hate that floor.

I think Dale is remembering who he used to be. Wonder if it'll happen before the season ending?

Love Naomi Watts telling those loan sharks off. lol That was priceless.

That junkie woman so annoys me.

I wonder what was in that letter that the Native American police man found. I love how they just go through the files without finding what's missing. lol Too much.

Guess I'm getting to realize this show isn't that bad after all. you just have to take it for what it is and enjoy the ride.

I think it's the zig-zag pattern on the red room floor makes people feel nauseous.

Hopefully Agent Cooper will be re-Cooperated by then if you catch my drift.;)

Naomi Watts finally was able to get something she can chew on except being pissed off housewife and leading DougieCoop around.

The junkie woman and the kid are still mysterious. She yells 1-1-9 which obviously backwards in 9-1-1. I have a theory that the kid and her are different versions of The Chalfonts/The Tremonds from the original series and Fire Walk With Me.

The letters that Hawk found look like the missing pages of Laura's diary. There is a screenshot where the name Annie was written on one of the pages. In Fire Walk WIth Me Annie tells Laura "My name is Annie. I've been with Laura and Dale. The good Dale is trapped and he can't leave. Write it in your diary" Annie was Dale's love interest in the original series. The whole reason why this clue was found was because it had to be found by using instinct, moreso than traditional logical methods, such as case files.

4 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I find it funny that people who knew the real Dougie haven't realized that this guy is not him. lol

Why was that dark haired woman killed? Was she involved with Dougie? That little guy was just crazy.

Was that Laura Dern under that blonde wig in the bar? Was she in the original series and who is she.

The thing that we can assume from Dougie is that his behavior now isn't so out of the ordinary. There's been several people saying "well Dougie is just having one of his episodes"

I have no idea why that woman was killed by mini Vin Diesel. She did send people to kill Dougie but the reason remain unclear.

Yeah that was Laura Dern. She is playing Diane, a character who Dale always talked to in his tape recorder, but we (the audience) never got to see. For a long time the theory was that Diane only existed in Cooper's head but I never bought into that because in one episode he asked her to send him some silicone earplugs because there were guests (Icelanders who wanted to help develop Ghostwood Estates) staying at The Great Northern. They always made a ruckus when Dale was trying to sleep.  Then in the next episode or two Dale recieves his earplugs

Edited by Jabberwocky

On 3-6-2017 at 11:49 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Okay, last night I watched Twin Peaks Fire walk with me. It wasn't bad. Still strange, but at least it had a storyline. Some of the bar scenes were too damn long and the music sucked.

Anyway, today I tried watching the first episode of season 1. I was getting confused because since I watched the movie, I knew who killed Laura Palmer and some of the show seemed strange because the movie seemed to have changed things.

I laughed when I saw Susan's parents from Seinfeld on this show. I bet that's why Seinfeld hired them to play husband and wife.

Anyway, this show was making me crazy. I give up.

Can't do it anymore. it's too weird for me.

Just let me know how this new season ends, because I'm not watching it anymore. I don't like how this show makes me feel after I watch it.

You should've start with the series instead of the movie, since the movie requires you to have watched the show. I'm with you on the bar scenes tho in the film tho, but I think the OST is great. Overall I think the movie was pretty meh.
-----
As for me, I have just started on episode 6 of the new season and have watched everything except for the Missing Pieces. So far I think it's good (especially the dream sequences in ep 3) and I commend Lynch for taking everything we thought we knew about Twin Peaks and take a completely different direction with this new material. The pacing could be somewhat faster however, but who knows how ep 6 and 7 will play out.

Edited by Rdeyahlxp

On 6/21/2017 at 7:36 AM, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Did anybody else punch the air when...

Reveal hidden contents

Dougie/Cooper fought off Ike The Spike?

Yes!!! I have a theory about that (and others as well). What really made me punch my fist was Jaques-Michael called The Roadhouse as The Roadhouse. Got sick and tired of seeing newbies and lazy reviewers calling it The Bang Bang Bar. That was never the name of it.

Anyways my theory

Spoiler

Did you notice how the evolved arm (that CGI electrical tree) came out and told DougieCoop to "squeeze his (i.e Ike The Spike) hand off". Since it is now established that evolution of the arm is The Little Man From Another Place (the backwards talking dwarf) I believe that it is trying to revert back to his old self. Since there was a big chunk of skin of Ike's gun I think he's trying to use it. In short maybe when The Little Man From Another Place returns to his old self it will be with Ike's body. Yeah it's kind of a sideways theory but this is Twin Peaks so I wouldn't be surprised LOL

I like how the movies are filtering back into Twin peaks. Some of effects like what Cooper and that chinese woman on that space rocket were so 50s B movie level though. It's definitely update and expanded about right. Hopefully it never ends. 

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 5:05 PM, Jabberwocky said:

I think it's the zig-zag pattern on the red room floor makes people feel nauseous.

Hopefully Agent Cooper will be re-Cooperated by then if you catch my drift.;)

Naomi Watts finally was able to get something she can chew on except being pissed off housewife and leading DougieCoop around.

The junkie woman and the kid are still mysterious. She yells 1-1-9 which obviously backwards in 9-1-1. I have a theory that the kid and her are different versions of The Chalfonts/The Tremonds from the original series and Fire Walk With Me.

The letters that Hawk found look like the missing pages of Laura's diary. There is a screenshot where the name Annie was written on one of the pages. In Fire Walk WIth Me Annie tells Laura "My name is Annie. I've been with Laura and Dale. The good Dale is trapped and he can't leave. Write it in your diary" Annie was Dale's love interest in the original series. The whole reason why this clue was found was because it had to be found by using instinct, moreso than traditional logical methods, such as case files.

The thing that we can assume from Dougie is that his behavior now isn't so out of the ordinary. There's been several people saying "well Dougie is just having one of his episodes"

I have no idea why that woman was killed by mini Vin Diesel. She did send people to kill Dougie but the reason remain unclear.

Yeah that was Laura Dern. She is playing Diane, a character who Dale always talked to in his tape recorder, but we (the audience) never got to see. For a long time the theory was that Diane only existed in Cooper's head but I never bought into that because in one episode he asked her to send him some silicone earplugs because there were guests (Icelanders who wanted to help develop Ghostwood Estates) staying at The Great Northern. They always made a ruckus when Dale was trying to sleep.  Then in the next episode or two Dale recieves his earplugs

Well, Coop was awesome Sunday night. I knew his agent skills would kick in sooner or later. His thisclose to remembering. I find it funny that no one thinks "Dougie" is a little different. lol

Okay, bad Coop is out and I'm sure will be doing some crazy shit again. I wonder how that guy will feel when he finds out he killed is babe?

So I'm thinking "Bob" is now inside bad Coop? I'm trying to slowly figure this shit out. lol

Anyway, I'm just going with it and letting it take me away. I am enjoying it now. :)

Yeah, I remember Laura writing in her diary. The cops know her father killed her right? Was he taken over by "bob" too. Laura Dern is excellent. I knew she would know he wasn't the real Coop.

Who is Mr. Strawberry? I guess everyone has shit on everyone. Still not sure what the hell was in that box that killed that couple who were having sex? This show is crazy. Yeah, Naomi Watts is something!

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
more to say

8 hours ago, wasted said:

There's 31 eps planned. I think I'm

going to repeat binge watch every episode before each new episode. 

Well, according to my cable grid Twin Peaks won't be on for a couple of weeks, but then I saw it return and it said new episodes, so I guess it'll be on for awhile. anyway, it's a crazy show, but I'm hooked now. lol

23 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, Coop was awesome Sunday night. I knew his agent skills would kick in sooner or later. His thisclose to remembering. I find it funny that no one thinks "Dougie" is a little different. lol

Okay, bad Coop is out and I'm sure will be doing some crazy shit again. I wonder how that guy will feel when he finds out he killed is babe?

So I'm thinking "Bob" is now inside bad Coop? I'm trying to slowly figure this shit out. lol

Anyway, I'm just going with it and letting it take me away. I am enjoying it now. :)

Yeah, I remember Laura writing in her diary. The cops know her father killed her right? Was he taken over by "bob" too. Laura Dern is excellent. I knew she would know he wasn't the real Coop.

Who is Mr. Strawberry? I guess everyone has shit on everyone. Still not sure what the hell was in that box that killed that couple who were having sex? This show is crazy. Yeah, Naomi Watts is something!

Spoiler

Her father was taken over by BOB too and BOB has acted as Cooper for 25 years in the real world.

The monster in the box is probably some sort of trap for Good Coop set for his return by bad Coop which gets triggered by love and/or fear. As soon as the girl screams they get killed, as you can see in this footage:

It runs parallel with Good Coop in the purple room. Another brilliant Lynch moment.

Edited by Rdeyahlxp

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, according to my cable grid Twin Peaks won't be on for a couple of weeks, but then I saw it return and it said new episodes, so I guess it'll be on for awhile. anyway, it's a crazy show, but I'm hooked now. lol

All Ive got is up to ep 7. But on wiki it says 31 eps. 

Lynch definitely does something that is just watchable, even just a shot of a gas station. It might be that atmosphere thing he talks about. Even the silence is changing. 

there's a lot of elements, comedy, surrealism, horror, supernatural, but then he does the crime elements really cool as well. 

It's weird though True Detective I was more obsessed with who didit. But with Lynch I'm more hypnotised more like when I watch Broke Girls. 

39 minutes ago, wasted said:

All Ive got is up to ep 7. But on wiki it says 31 eps. 

Lynch definitely does something that is just watchable, even just a shot of a gas station. It might be that atmosphere thing he talks about. Even the silence is changing. 

there's a lot of elements, comedy, surrealism, horror, supernatural, but then he does the crime elements really cool as well. 

It's weird though True Detective I was more obsessed with who didit. But with Lynch I'm more hypnotised more like when I watch Broke Girls. 

It's 18 episodes for this new series. The original had 30 if you include the pilot.

I can tell you why Lynch's stuff is watchable and it's because he films like they are moving paintings. You could grab just about any shot and could frame it.

I also think Mark Frost deserves accolades as well because he knows how to lay the foundation and keep things grounded. Lynch is able to take Frost's contributions and shape them. They both work very good together.

7 hours ago, Jabberwocky said:

It's 18 episodes for this new series. The original had 30 if you include the pilot.

I can tell you why Lynch's stuff is watchable and it's because he films like they are moving paintings. You could grab just about any shot and could frame it.

I also think Mark Frost deserves accolades as well because he knows how to lay the foundation and keep things grounded. Lynch is able to take Frost's contributions and shape them. They both work very good together.

Oh I see that 31 number is number of overall episodes so far. So S3 E1 was 31st ep. 18 though is a lot. Personally I could watch an infinite amount of eps. 

Also the soundtrack shades things. So it's just two guys sitting in a car but you have some weird fire burning sound effect. The neo noir bits sort of look as cool as Mann or Edward Hopper paintings. But there's variety of characters. Like that old hippy dude at the hotel, the tree, the junkie and her kid, and the kid that gets hit by the psycho. it's never boring like a regular police drama. Theres very little narrative drive, I'm not sure even what they are investigating, but it doesn't matter because it seems like something is happening. I guess its about who Cooper is. 

Edited by wasted

If you guys haven't watched Fire Walk With Me as well as the missing pieces which are extended/deleted scenes form FWWM, you really should. Even insanely unhinged episodes like last night will make more sense to you.

This series is much more playing off the myology of FWWM than the first two seasons of Twin Peaks.

Edited by Stiff Competition