Twin Peaks returns (Confirmed)

Jabberwocky

I just wonder how he's going to tie all loose ends together in the remaining 10 episodes. Lynch keeps introducing more and more characters every episode. I admire the last episode for it's ambition, but most of it could've been told within 20 minutes. It's hailed as both a masterpiece and utter rubbish everywhere lol. I can't really decide.

EDIT: I hope the original AFD five will make an appearance at the Roadhouse in a future episode with some new music. One can dream lol.

Edited by Rdeyahlxp

On 27 June 2017 at 2:43 AM, Stiff Competition said:

If you guys haven't watched Fire Walk With Me as well as the missing pieces which are extended/deleted scenes form FWWM, you really should. Even insanely unhinged episodes like last night will make more sense to you.

This series is much more playing off the myology of FWWM than the first two seasons of Twin Peaks.

Is this season potentially a re-telling of the first two seasons but including the two Coopers. I get the feeling that Cooper is Bob. Cooper framed Bob. 

Well bad cooper is good cooper's doppleganger, possessed by bob. That we already know.

Good coop just has the black lodge version of jet lag.

David Bowie's character from FWWM (phil jeffries) is playing a large part too. He seems to be behind everything somehow as a few different people have mentioned him and talked to him on the phone. I'm sure that and bad coop will eventually lead to whatever was going on with the glass box room and we will see who is orchestrating everything.

Eventually they will have to rid the world of bad coop, but bob will live on in some form as bob is simply the embodiment of the evil that men do, hence why he was born out of the atom bomb.

14 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

Well bad cooper is good cooper's doppleganger, possessed by bob. That we already know.

Good coop just has the black lodge version of jet lag.

David Bowie's character from FWWM (phil jeffries) is playing a large part too. He seems to be behind everything somehow as a few different people have mentioned him and talked to him on the phone. I'm sure that and bad coop will eventually lead to whatever was going on with the glass box room and we will see who is orchestrating everything.

Eventually they will have to rid the world of bad coop, but bob will live on in some form as bob is simply the embodiment of the evil that men do, hence why he was born out of the atom bomb.

Bad coop is possesed by Bob. Why would this be? 

Bob or Laura's dad killed her? Coop didnt turn up until after or no?

16 hours ago, wasted said:

Bad coop is possesed by Bob. Why would this be? 

Bob or Laura's dad killed her? Coop didnt turn up until after or no?

Laura's dad, possessed by bob (the evil spirit) killed Laura.

Leland died and Bob was released.

Coop came in to investigate the murder of Laura Palmer, but they don't find out until almost half way through season 2.

***SPOILERS BELOW****

The entire original series ends with Coop smashing his face in to a mirror and seeing bob in the mirror. We find out in the new series that that wasn't just coop possessed by bob, it was his dopplegagner from the lodge that escaped and good coop was still in the lodge, which eventually he got out of a few episodes in and is now in the place of Dougy who was somehow manufactured by Evil Coop as a decoy so he wouldn't have to go back in after 25 years. So now we have good coop who is a little braindead and thought to be Dougy by everyone and evil coop who is his doppleganger possessed by the vil spirit, bob.

Edited by Stiff Competition

1 hour ago, Stiff Competition said:
Spoiler

The entire original series ends with Coop smashing his face in to a mirror and seeing bob in the mirror. We find out in the new series that that wasn't just coop possessed by bob, it was his dopplegagner from the lodge that escaped and good coop was still in the lodge, which eventually got he got out of a few episodes in and is now in the place of Dougy who was somehow manufactured by Evil Coop as a decoy so he wouldn't have to go back in after 25 years. So now we have good coop who is a little braindead and thought to be Dougy by everyone and evil coop who is his doppleganger possessed by the vil spirit, bob.

Do we think that Evil Cooper is still possessed by Bob after what happened early on in episode eight?

Spoiler

The Woodsmen remove (an organ?) from Evil Cooper that has Bob's face on it.

Or are all doppelgangers evil anyway?

Edited by ChineseDemocracy2004

33 minutes ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Do we think that Evil Cooper is still possessed by Bob after what happened early on in episode eight?

Hide contents

The Woodsmen remove (an organ?) from Evil Cooper that has Bob's face on it.

Or are all doppelgangers evil anyway?

Well and is a bob a singular entity anyway? I mean, in the original series Albert said "maybe bob is just the evil that men do" which could very well be it.

and who knows, did they remove him or were they putting him back in? Maybe he was leaving upon death but they brought him back which put bob back inside? I don't know. Maybe we'll find out Sunday!

1 hour ago, Stiff Competition said:

Coop came in to investigate the murder of Laura Palmer, but they don't find out until almost half way through season 2.

***SPOILERS BELOW****

The entire original series ends with Coop smashing his face in to a mirror and seeing bob in the mirror. We find out in the new series that that wasn't just coop possessed by bob, it was his dopplegagner from the lodge that escaped and good coop was still in the lodge, which eventually got he got out of a few episodes in and is now in the place of Dougy who was somehow manufactured by Evil Coop as a decoy so he wouldn't have to go back in after 25 years. So now we have good coop who is a little braindead and thought to be Dougy by everyone and evil coop who is his doppleganger possessed by the vil spirit, bob.

I have questions. Why did Bob possess a dopplehsnger of Coop and not Coop. Also I thought for good coop to get out of the red curtain room bad coop had to come in. It was good coops return to reality as doug that left him disoriented. Is coop the good spirit? Why is he in Doug and not Coop. Or is Doug Cooper actually Agent Cooper. That section is pre Season 1 time wise. And Dop Coop isn't good coop possesd by Bob, he's a seperate person. But they could be possessed by Bob. But if Bob is the evil spirit and Bad Coop is evil why isn't he possed by Bob? 

Is bad Coop actually not bad, he's just Good Coop working undercover? 

6 hours ago, wasted said:

I have questions. Why did Bob possess a dopplehsnger of Coop and not Coop. Also I thought for good coop to get out of the red curtain room bad coop had to come in. It was good coops return to reality as doug that left him disoriented. Is coop the good spirit? Why is he in Doug and not Coop. Or is Doug Cooper actually Agent Cooper. That section is pre Season 1 time wise. And Dop Coop isn't good coop possesd by Bob, he's a seperate person. But they could be possessed by Bob. But if Bob is the evil spirit and Bad Coop is evil why isn't he possed by Bob? 

Is bad Coop actually not bad, he's just Good Coop working undercover? 

The actual dougie does not exist anymore.

He went back in to the lodge in place of evil coop and turned in to a little gold bead. We were told he was manufactured. Basically evil coop tricked the lodge. Good coop came out as he was supposed to but now everyone thinks he's dougie since he appeared in dougie's place. Nothing with Dougie is pre-season 1. Well, ideally. Mike does ask the question, "is it future, or is it past?" But dougie was only introduced in season 3 as a character.

As for the rest, maybe we will find answers, maybe we won't. Maybe all doppelgänger souls are possessed by bob and sometimes he escapes in to a normal person like what happened with Leland. Who knows? 

5 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

The actual dougie does not exist anymore.

He went back in to the lodge in place of evil coop and turned in to a little gold bead. We were told he was manufactured. Basically evil coop tricked the lodge. Good coop came out as he was supposed to but now everyone thinks he's dougie since he appeared in dougie's place. Nothing with Dougie is pre-season 1. Well, ideally. Mike does ask the question, "is it future, or is it past?" But dougie was only introduced in season 3 as a character.

As for the rest, maybe we will find answers, maybe we won't. Maybe all doppelgänger souls are possessed by bob and sometimes he escapes in to a normal person like what happened with Leland. Who knows? 

So now good coop is Dougie and that is in the time frame of season 1 or season 3? I don't see the point of Dougie other than a way to release good Coop. 

I don't think I ever tried to understand season 1,2 so I should probably stop with season 3. 

I see it more as a metaphor for Cooper's soul. Dougie/Bad coop might be alternative subconscious identities of Cooper. So much easier like that. If Coop can escape Dougie and beat Bad Coop he can defeat Bob and close the case. 

Ep 8 was so far gone I can't really try to work it out. 

Edited by wasted

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 7:43 AM, wasted said:

So now good coop is Dougie and that is in the time frame of season 1 or season 3? I don't see the point of Dougie other than a way to release good Coop. 

I don't think I ever tried to understand season 1,2 so I should probably stop with season 3. 

I see it more as a metaphor for Cooper's soul. Dougie/Bad coop might be alternative subconscious identities of Cooper. So much easier like that. If Coop can escape Dougie and beat Bad Coop he can defeat Bob and close the case. 

Ep 8 was so far gone I can't really try to work it out. 

I actually think season 1 and season 2 might make more sense. I watched all of season 1 and the movie Fire Walk with me and it was actual stories.

I'm on episode 6 of Twin Peaks season 2 and so far there are a lot of good stories. Still some crazy shit too. lol

that Japanese man or woman, looks like Melissa McCarthy, but I'm pretty sure it's Piper Laurie in disguise. Anyway, I have a lot of more episodes to go, but I will watch them when I can.

Does anyone know how many episodes will be in the new season. I think tonight is episode 9.

I think Cooper and the sheriff were so funny together.

The new sheriff is played by Robert Forster, does anyone know why the original actor didn't come back? And is Robert Forster's sheriff the original sheriff?

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
more to say

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I actually think season 1 and season 2 might make more sense. I watched all of season 1 and the movie Fire Walk with me and it was actual stories.

I'm on episode 6 of Twin Peaks season 2 and so far there are a lot of good stories. Still some crazy shit too. lol

that Japanese man or woman, looks like Melissa McCarthy, but I'm pretty sure it's Piper Laurie in disguise. Anyway, I have a lot of more episodes to go, but I will watch them when I can.

Does anyone know how many episodes will be in the new season. I think tonight is episode 9.

The new sheriff is played by Robert Forster, does anyone know why the original actor didn't come back? And is Robert Forster's sheriff the original sheriff?

Well there is zero way they could have done season 3 this way back in 91, even if the technology was available. No network would have greenlit what Twin Peaks is right now.

Yeah Mr. Tojamura is Piper Laurie LOL. They even created a fake actor's name (Fumio Yamaguchi) and credited "him" as Mr. Tojamura. Even way back when they took precautions to make sure nothing was spoiled or leaked.

This season will be 18 episodes total

Cooper and Harry Truman was an awesome bromance LOL.

Actually Robert Forester was the first pick to play Harry S Truman back in the day but he couldn't commit to it or something. What I like about this is that they made a new character instead of trying to do a recast for what Michael Ontkeen played.

You asked why some of the older characters didn't come back. The main reason is because alot of them died from old age but also Lynch/Frost couldn't come up with any ways to bring certain characters (like Josie, Catherine, Hank) back in. Why the dancing dwarf wasn't brought back in was a money issue (he asked for waaayyy too much) and for stooping so low as to say Twin Peaks was based on Lynch raping his own daughter and somehow having Jack Nance (Pete Martel) set up to be murdered. The only 2 characters I hope they bring back, as a complete surprise, is Sheriff Harry S Truman and Annie Blackburn.

4 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I think comp said it was 18. 

True that original Twin peaks had a more episodic tv feel. It was more like Lost, you thought there was a story or point. New one has more stuff from his Films shich makes sense seeing how tv has gone, and more weird stuff, like Inland Empire. I think he probably has full control. The Return is like his final statement, just everything he does, a festival of Lynch. The first two seasons had an almost normal feel, a laconic rhythmn, sometimes surreal, but kind of playful. This one is darker and more twisted. Where's Sherilyn Fenn at? 

Last night's episode was a hoot!

Whenever David Lynch is on as the FBI guy who can't hear, you know it's going to be funny.

Still didn't understand those two women drinking at the bar at the end. That was weird, but then again, it's TP.

And the Horne brother still lost in the woods and his foot talking to him, I laughed outloud!

20 hours ago, wasted said:

I think comp said it was 18. 

True that original Twin peaks had a more episodic tv feel. It was more like Lost, you thought there was a story or point. New one has more stuff from his Films shich makes sense seeing how tv has gone, and more weird stuff, like Inland Empire. I think he probably has full control. The Return is like his final statement, just everything he does, a festival of Lynch. The first two seasons had an almost normal feel, a laconic rhythmn, sometimes surreal, but kind of playful. This one is darker and more twisted. Where's Sherilyn Fenn at? 

Yeah, I have like 14 more season 2 episodes to watch. It is a good show. Still not sure why I never watched it. Must have been something else on I liked at the same time back then. Anyway, hopefully SHO on Demand will continue to have the shows until I'm done watching them.

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Last night's episode was a hoot!

Whenever David Lynch is on as the FBI guy who can't hear, you know it's going to be funny.

Still didn't understand those two women drinking at the bar at the end. That was weird, but then again, it's TP.

And the Horne brother still lost in the woods and his foot talking to him, I laughed outloud!

Yeah, I have like 14 more season 2 episodes to watch. It is a good show. Still not sure why I never watched it. Must have been something else on I liked at the same time back then. Anyway, hopefully SHO on Demand will continue to have the shows until I'm done watching them.

Bobby used to be my favorite character. Shelley was also interesting. I used to love how towards the end some ep just nothing happened but you still had to see if something would. 

Edited by wasted

21 hours ago, wasted said:

Bobby used to be my favorite character. Shelley was also interesting. I used to love how towards the end some ep just nothing happened but you still had to see if something would. 

Yeah, you have to watch to see if something will happen? lol

I watched episode 10 from season 2 last night. So good. They are trying to frame Cooper for crossing the border into Canada.

Yeah, should be interesting to see the place that Bobby talked about with Truman and Hawk for next week's show. I have 12 more original season 2 shows to go. I'm really getting into it now. I think I'm understanding David Lynch's humor, but I do love the quirky characters and the storylines.

Since I am watching the original shows, I'm seeing how some of these characters came on the show. Now I know who that bald guy was and how there might be an alternative universe out there. it's beginning to make much more sense now.

I do hope by the end of the new season, Cooper remembers who he is and goes back to Twin Peaks.

21 hours ago, wasted said:

Yeah, I'm so curious as to how Bobby became a cop. He was such a trouble maker and schemer in the original series. lol

It shows you how people can change as they get older.

11 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, you have to watch to see if something will happen? lol

I watched episode 10 from season 2 last night. So good. They are trying to frame Cooper for crossing the border into Canada.

Yeah, should be interesting to see the place that Bobby talked about with Truman and Hawk for next week's show. I have 12 more original season 2 shows to go. I'm really getting into it now. I think I'm understanding David Lynch's humor, but I do love the quirky characters and the storylines.

Since I am watching the original shows, I'm seeing how some of these characters came on the show. Now I know who that bald guy was and how there might be an alternative universe out there. it's beginning to make much more sense now.

I do hope by the end of the new season, Cooper remembers who he is and goes back to Twin Peaks.

Yeah, I'm so curious as to how Bobby became a cop. He was such a trouble maker and schemer in the original series. lol

It shows you how people can change as they get older.

I sort of remember something about him breaking down in TP 1-2. That scene in 3 where he chokes up. Maybe something about Laura's death straightened him out? 

Is Mike still alive? AndvShelley's psycho truck driver what happened to him? 

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 5:25 PM, Stiff Competition said:

***SPOILERS BELOW****

The entire original series ends with Coop smashing his face in to a mirror and seeing bob in the mirror. We find out in the new series that that wasn't just coop possessed by bob, it was his dopplegagner from the lodge that escaped and good coop was still in the lodge, which eventually he got out of a few episodes in and is now in the place of Dougy who was somehow manufactured by Evil Coop as a decoy so he wouldn't have to go back in after 25 years. So now we have good coop who is a little braindead and thought to be Dougy by everyone and evil coop who is his doppleganger possessed by the vil spirit, bob.

Yeah, but watching Twin Peaks fire walk with me, you see some of Laura's double life and Bob with Leland in the mirror and bob always walking slowly towards people and then screaming at them. Leland also killed Maddy as Bob.  Yeah, poor Leland was visited by bob since he was a child. I felt so sorry for him when he realized he was possessed by bob.

Okay last week on Twin Peaks The Return, someone named Johnny ran around a house and then ran into a wall. Who the hell is that? lol

I'm up to the part in Season 2 where Coop and the Sheriff realize who is framing Coop and Denise came on the scene. lol

Okay, I don't think this is a coincidence, but since watching Twin Peaks season 1 and 2, there have been six actors on the show who have also appeared on the Seinfeld series.

the doctor and Laura's mom play Susan's parents, the bartender and drug dealer and john of Lauras, was the cable guy, the old lady in bed that got her meals on wheels was the lady with the marble rye, Molly Shannon talked to Andy and Lucy about that crazy kid, she was the woman who worked with Elaine who wouldn't move her arms and one day Mr. Pitt was on talking to Sheley about Leo's care.

I can only think Jerry Seinfeld is a huge fan of David Lynch and Twin Peaks.

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
more

I have 3 more Twin Peaks season 2 shows to watch.

I think I might start watching the new season again. It might make more sense to me after I've watched the original seasons plus the movie.

Another two Seinfeld actors were on Twin Peaks.

Sue Ellen the braless wonder and one of the bartenders from the mountain lodge was the guy who helped George get his Phil Rizzto keychain from the pot hole.

Okay, I watched all of season 1 and season 2 of the original Twin Peaks. I also started to watch the new season again and it's making so much more sense to me.

I really hope by the end of this season, Cooper gets his memory back and the bad Cooper goes back into the black lodge.

Will we ever see the White Lodge?  Oh, and by watching the new season again, I heard Lucy say there were two Harry Truman sheriffs.

Is Audrey and the old guy really dead from the bank explosion?

I do hope some of the original series is addressed this season and I do hope it does come back next year. I'm hooked now. lol

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:24 AM, wasted said:

I sort of remember something about him breaking down in TP 1-2. That scene in 3 where he chokes up. Maybe something about Laura's death straightened him out? 

Is Mike still alive? AndvShelley's psycho truck driver what happened to him? 

Last we saw Leo he was trying to hold up a case of spiders but since that was 25 years ago, who knows?

I'm curious to see if all of the original characters come back on the new show. I know some are really dead, but I think most are still alive.

I did love the Billy Zane character. I would have gone to Brazil with him.

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:38 PM, wasted said:

And it doesn't look like he and Shelley are together anymore. Shelley mentioned a daughter. I wonder if she did marry Bobby earlier in her life?

So many questions to be answered. I hope we get them.

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 4:48 PM, Jabberwocky said:

Well there is zero way they could have done season 3 this way back in 91, even if the technology was available. No network would have greenlit what Twin Peaks is right now.

Yeah Mr. Tojamura is Piper Laurie LOL. They even created a fake actor's name (Fumio Yamaguchi) and credited "him" as Mr. Tojamura. Even way back when they took precautions to make sure nothing was spoiled or leaked.

This season will be 18 episodes total

Cooper and Harry Truman was an awesome bromance LOL.

Actually Robert Forester was the first pick to play Harry S Truman back in the day but he couldn't commit to it or something. What I like about this is that they made a new character instead of trying to do a recast for what Michael Ontkeen played.

You asked why some of the older characters didn't come back. The main reason is because alot of them died from old age but also Lynch/Frost couldn't come up with any ways to bring certain characters (like Josie, Catherine, Hank) back in. Why the dancing dwarf wasn't brought back in was a money issue (he asked for waaayyy too much) and for stooping so low as to say Twin Peaks was based on Lynch raping his own daughter and somehow having Jack Nance (Pete Martel) set up to be murdered. The only 2 characters I hope they bring back, as a complete surprise, is Sheriff Harry S Truman and Annie Blackburn.

Thanks for clearing some stuff up for me.

Yeah, I know Piper Laurie was the Japanese guy. so funny.

Well, since Lucy stated there were two Harry Truman's maybe Michael will make an appearance on the show. I figured the little guy was dead too. Oh well.

Yeah, Annie would be cool since Cooper really liked her. Maybe she can help him get his memory back.

Some things they talk about this season must have happened off camera because I don't remember some of it and I have now watched season 1 and 2.

Also with bad Cooper running around he's brought in many new characters now. Most of which he's killed. lol

7 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

And it doesn't look like he and Shelley are together anymore. Shelley mentioned a daughter. I wonder if she did marry Bobby earlier in her life?

So many questions to be answered. I hope we get them.

I'm really not good following stories, I normally get obsessed with style and dialogue. I almost make up my own stories.