Twin Peaks returns (Confirmed)

Jabberwocky

Well, I re-watched the 9 episodes of Twin Peaks The Return and having watched Season 1 and 2, I know understand more of the story.

The new season did mention, Audrey was in a coma after the explosion in the bank.

Nothing said of Leo.

also Sheriff Harry Truman is ill and in the hospital. The new sheriff is Frank Truman, his brother. Don't know if Michael will reprise his role as Harry. Maybe he quit acting. It would be nice to see him back again.

Jerry is so out of his mind, it's just too funny.

We did see Nadine but not her husband.

Anyway, the 1956 event is puzzling, but I'm sure it'll be solved sometime. I mean it's 25 years before Twin peaks and now that we've 25 years after Twin Peaks, it has to mean something.

Can't wait to see how this all ends?

Yeah, last night's episode was okay.

The last 7 minutes of that woman singing was horrible. I had to change the channel to watch something else and then when I get back, the show was showing the credits. I was pissed that the last minutes were of this woman singing and not telling more story.

So if that crazy bastard who ran over the kid and killed that woman is Ben's grandson, does that mean Audrey was pregnant?  I really hate that guy and want him to die a horrible death.

So Diane might be with Bad Cooper after that text message.

I really want to see the White Lodge that the Major talked about.

I also want to smack good Cooper in the back of his head in hopes it will make him remember his life. I like it better when everyone is in Twin Peaks working together.

This all over the place is annoying. The doctor rants are super funny.

Shelley's daughter is very stupid to let that guy hit her and tell her off. I wonder who her dad is?

Anyway, I'm just going with it because it seems David Lynch might not give us all the answers we are seeking and likes to keep us guessing. It's entertaining for the most part.

On 7/17/2017 at 3:30 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, last night's episode was okay.

The last 7 minutes of that woman singing was horrible. I had to change the channel to watch something else and then when I get back, the show was showing the credits. I was pissed that the last minutes were of this woman singing and not telling more story.

So if that crazy bastard who ran over the kid and killed that woman is Ben's grandson, does that mean Audrey was pregnant?  I really hate that guy and want him to die a horrible death.

So Diane might be with Bad Cooper after that text message.

I really want to see the White Lodge that the Major talked about.

I also want to smack good Cooper in the back of his head in hopes it will make him remember his life. I like it better when everyone is in Twin Peaks working together.

This all over the place is annoying. The doctor rants are super funny.

Shelley's daughter is very stupid to let that guy hit her and tell her off. I wonder who her dad is?

Anyway, I'm just going with it because it seems David Lynch might not give us all the answers we are seeking and likes to keep us guessing. It's entertaining for the most part.

I think Part 10 should have been 2 hours because it ended rather abruptly. I don't think the woman singing (Rebekan Del Rio) at the end was bad. It is a beautiful song and she is an incrediable singer, but it was definately filler. How The Roadhouse was used before there was always something happening, even in the periphery. Hell there were plots that happened in The Roadhouse and said plots involved the place. Now The Roadhouse is simply being used as a flow stop to showcase bands and mark where an episode ends.

I think Richard being Audrey's son was pretty much confirmed. My speculation is that

Spoiler

Evil Cooper raped Audrey while she was in a coma because in one of the eariler parts Doc Hayward said he saw Cooper hanging around Intensive Care and specifically Audrey's room.

It's very hard to say if Diane is in cohoots with Evil Cooper. If she is then that whole exchange between her and Evil Cooper was just a red herring.

LOL, if Cooper getting his brains fucked out isn't snapping him back to reality then what will? :)

Dr. Jacoby is now Alex Jones. What I'm glad about is Nadine FINALLY got her patent for the silent drape runners. If she is with Big Ed still is a mystery.

Shelly's daughter Becky is a "fruit doesn't fall too far for the tree" thing. Shelly was a victim of domestic violence with Leo and Becky is now being abused by Steven. Abusive realtionships don't start up at the beginning. They turn into them and are hard to escape from for a multitude of reasons, one is fear of being killed. It's not stupidity but being scared. All I want to know is why, in the first part, those women that were with Shelly in The Roadhouse were saying "Everybody likes Steven"? He can't hold down a job, is abusive, and looks like a tweaker so that makes no sense to me.

As far as who is Becky's dad is that is hard to say. So far we've had no interaction between Bobby and Shelly.

I'm in on this until the end but I will be pissed if good Cooper doesn't come back until the last 20 minutes of the last part.

4 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Did anybody enjoy part ten?

I liked it but given that this episode was titled "Laura Is The One" made this underwhelming. The moments of horror and the humour REALLY swung like a pendulam. My only complaint would be using that stock footage of Laura Palmer from Fire Walk With Me. It had that horrible picture in picture effect, and it looked very cheap. I mean they have Sheryl Lee there, why not shoot something new and insert it where that stock footage of her was being used.

I also caught an Easter egg. When we see Agent Tammy Preston walk down the hall, when she gets around the door where Cole and Albert are you can see what looks like a glitch on the door. So does that mean Laura was there as a ghost? Also that change in music and how Tammy was shown in slow motion walking down the hall makes me think she gonna end up dying. Then again that could be Lynch giving me a mind fuck LOL

Edited by Jabberwocky

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 1:21 PM, Jabberwocky said:

I think Part 10 should have been 2 hours because it ended rather abruptly. I don't think the woman singing (Rebekan Del Rio) at the end was bad. It is a beautiful song and she is an incrediable singer, but it was definately filler. How The Roadhouse was used before there was always something happening, even in the periphery. Hell there were plots that happened in The Roadhouse and said plots involved the place. Now The Roadhouse is simply being used as a flow stop to showcase bands and mark where an episode ends.

I think Richard being Audrey's son was pretty much confirmed. My speculation is that

Reveal hidden contents

Evil Cooper raped Audrey while she was in a coma because in one of the eariler parts Doc Hayward said he saw Cooper hanging around Intensive Care and specifically Audrey's room.

It's very hard to say if Diane is in cohoots with Evil Cooper. If she is then that whole exchange between her and Evil Cooper was just a red herring.

LOL, if Cooper getting his brains fucked out isn't snapping him back to reality then what will? :)

Dr. Jacoby is now Alex Jones. What I'm glad about is Nadine FINALLY got her patent for the silent drape runners. If she is with Big Ed still is a mystery.

Shelly's daughter Becky is a "fruit doesn't fall too far for the tree" thing. Shelly was a victim of domestic violence with Leo and Becky is now being abused by Steven. Abusive realtionships don't start up at the beginning. They turn into them and are hard to escape from for a multitude of reasons, one is fear of being killed. It's not stupidity but being scared. All I want to know is why, in the first part, those women that were with Shelly in The Roadhouse were saying "Everybody likes Steven"? He can't hold down a job, is abusive, and looks like a tweaker so that makes no sense to me.

As far as who is Becky's dad is that is hard to say. So far we've had no interaction between Bobby and Shelly.

I'm in on this until the end but I will be pissed if good Cooper doesn't come back until the last 20 minutes of the last part.

I liked it but given that this episode was titled "Laura Is The One" made this underwhelming. The moments of horror and the humour REALLY swung like a pendulam. My only complaint would be using that stock footage of Laura Palmer from Fire Walk With Me. It had that horrible picture in picture effect, and it looked very cheap. I mean they have Sheryl Lee there, why not shoot something new and insert it where that stock footage of her was being used.

I also caught an Easter egg. When we see Agent Tammy Preston walk down the hall, when she gets around the door where Cole and Albert are you can see what looks like a glitch on the door. So does that mean Laura was there as a ghost? Also that change in music and how Tammy was shown in slow motion walking down the hall makes me think she gonna end up dying. Then again that could be Lynch giving me a mind fuck LOL

Thanks for some new updates I didn't know. OMH so bad Cooper did another evil thing. Not surprised.  I remember the doc thinking Cooper was walking around the hospital to see Audrey, but then he was gone.

I wonder if Lynch will talk about what the characters have been doing for the past 25 years, but I guess the more we see the more we'll learn. Yeah, I saw Nadine had the drape shop. Good for her.

Yeah, that Richard is an evil bastard too. Want him to die a very horrible death.

Has anyone heard if Lynch will continue the show beyond this year? SHO should stick with it as long as Lynch is willing to do it.

I remember the Road House being used more in the original seasons. I'm not a fan of most female singers and she just annoyed me. I was waiting for something to happen and felt it was a waste of time. There's so many stories that need to be finished before the season finale.

I'm actually glad I never watched TP years ago nor did my mom because it would have so killed me to have it end the way it did. Now at least I was able to watch Season 1 and 2 and continue with the new season without missing a beat. Also watched Twin Peaks Fire walk with me.

I'm also wondering where is Donna? Will she be back? Her character was played by two different actresses. I know Lara Flynn Boyle did the series but not the movie. She hasn't been seen lately either.

Also is doc's wife dead or alive. I would have liked to see Donna and Audrey get to know each other as sisters, but not to be.

Yeah, good Cooper was so funny. I do hope he gets his whole memory back. I want him back in Twin Peaks. I don't like the different locals and everyone separated. They need to be together as a team again. It was magic.

I read S. Finn who played Audrey is returning to Twin Peaks. I don't know if she's been in a coma all this time or living somewhere else.

Hopefully, Twin Peaks will tie things together unless David Lynch is coming back next year for a whole new season. That would be awesome to continue. I've grown used to seeing these crazy characters.

On 7/19/2017 at 4:14 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Has anyone heard if Lynch will continue the show beyond this year? SHO should stick with it as long as Lynch is willing to do it.

He hasn't said anything about it but I guarntee you that this is Lynch's swan song. There's been too many call backs and references to his filmography and with this original series. Also it has steadily dropped in live viewership week after week. The streaming numbers are good but that is not what the money men want to hear. The casual fans are gone and even hardcore fans are even quitting, like unsubscribing from Showtime. If you read in the ending credits alot of who financed it was French investors. It's almost like Showtime is just it's distributor. All I can say is I'm glad that this was shot like an 18 hour movie or else Showtime would have cancelled it by now.

On 7/20/2017 at 3:38 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Just read online that Sheriff Harry S. Truman will not be back on Twin Peaks. Michael is not coming back. I love Robert Forster too, but it would have been cool to see Sheriff Harry Truman and Cooper reunite to take down bad cooper and Bob.

Well if that is so then why is he constantly being mentioned by phone conversations? Michael Ontkeen's character might end up just being a character that is done over the phone, kinda like they did Suzanne Summer's character in Three's Company. He might help with this investigation that way. I dunno I just feel like with all of these references I don't see how they couldn't work him in-person.

On 7/21/2017 at 5:04 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I read S. Finn who played Audrey is returning to Twin Peaks. I don't know if she's been in a coma all this time or living somewhere else.

Hopefully, Twin Peaks will tie things together unless David Lynch is coming back next year for a whole new season. That would be awesome to continue. I've grown used to seeing these crazy characters.

Sherylnn Fenn didn't really have any kind words with what direction they went with Audrey. She got on Twitter and was very upset. Now she didn't spoil anything due to the strict non-disclosure agreement but I doubt she will be the same old character as she was before.

Good for you for sticking this out, even though you watched this whole thing in backwards order LOL. I have yet to run into anybody who started with this season first before the original series.

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 6:46 PM, Jabberwocky said:

He hasn't said anything about it but I guarntee you that this is Lynch's swan song. There's been too many call backs and references to his filmography and with this original series. Also it has steadily dropped in live viewership week after week. The streaming numbers are good but that is not what the money men want to hear. The casual fans are gone and even hardcore fans are even quitting, like unsubscribing from Showtime. If you read in the ending credits alot of who financed it was French investors. It's almost like Showtime is just it's distributor. All I can say is I'm glad that this was shot like an 18 hour movie or else Showtime would have cancelled it by now.

Well if that is so then why is he constantly being mentioned by phone conversations? Michael Ontkeen's character might end up just being a character that is done over the phone, kinda like they did Suzanne Summer's character in Three's Company. He might help with this investigation that way. I dunno I just feel like with all of these references I don't see how they couldn't work him in-person.

Sherylnn Fenn didn't really have any kind words with what direction they went with Audrey. She got on Twitter and was very upset. Now she didn't spoil anything due to the strict non-disclosure agreement but I doubt she will be the same old character as she was before.

Good for you for sticking this out, even though you watched this whole thing in backwards order LOL. I have yet to run into anybody who started with this season first before the original series.

Well, after I watched Fire Walk with Me and Season 1 and 2, I re-watched The return, so now it makes much more sense to me.

Last night's episode was very cool. 

Shelley seems to be the same dummy she was back in her teen years. lol That guy is big trouble. Nice to see her and Bobby again.

Their daughter needs to divorce that worthless husband of hers.

Jim Belushi and Robert K were so funny. Cooper gets by with just repeating words. lol Unreal.

Damn everytime someone eats a donut or a pie, I'm hungry all over again.

This show is bonkers, but I'm loving it.

Yeah, I read that Michael has retired from acting, but damn, if it was me I would have gone back to do this show.

Well, the character of Audrey would be good to come back especially since her son is a psycho. I wish Billy Zane's character would come back too. I like him.

Bob's portrayer has died, so any footage of him is old, but he's still important to this storyline now.

Damn, who the hell are those old hobos. That death was so damn gory, but cool! lol

I'm just loving David Lynch's Gordon. He's just so damn funny. He said something last night, I forgot, damn it, but I just cracked up out loud! He's something.

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
more to say

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 6:46 PM, Jabberwocky said:

Showtime better renew it for another year. This show is damn good and since it's cable I think they have enough subscribers to keep it on. Maybe I'll have to contact Showtime and tell them to keep it going.

Audrey is back! She still looks amazing.

Gordon and Albert were so funny last night.

No sign of Cooper, bad or good.

All things point to Twin Peaks! I hope the finale has all the characters meeting up there.

I don't know why or how Audrey married that troll of a husband of hers? Very weird indeed. Bring back Billy Zane.

20 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

I punched the air.

I'll admit that I thought "Let's Rock" would be said by somebody else.

I think when Diane, Albert and Gordon get together it's just so funny.

I wish they would be more specific about her relationship with Dale Cooper, since that must have been off camera.

I also want to know when Audrey came out of her coma and does she know her crazy son Richard killed someone?

Anyway, I still am waiting for Bobby, Sheriff Truman and Hawk to go to that place that Bobby's father said in the message. Glad dopey Jerry finally got out of the forest. lol

19 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Anyway, I still am waiting for Bobby, Sheriff Truman and Hawk to go to that place that Bobby's father said in the message.

Jack Rabbit's Palace?

When did Hawk show the sheriff his map? Part 11 or part 12? I can't remember.

Does anybody know what the title of part 13 is yet?

On 7/31/2017 at 5:01 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Audrey is back! She still looks amazing.

Gordon and Albert were so funny last night.

No sign of Cooper, bad or good.

All things point to Twin Peaks! I hope the finale has all the characters meeting up there.

I don't know why or how Audrey married that troll of a husband of hers? Very weird indeed. Bring back Billy Zane.

Audrey, one of the most iconic characters, had such a lackluster reintroduction. Her scene went on for way too long. The scene with Gordon and Albert went on long as well but the payoff was great. You could see how Albert's face saying "really man?" and how he put his hand to his forehead. Audrey's husband (Charlie) said there was some sort of marriage contract between them. To set the record and tie up the confusion, the guy named Billy (who Audrey was messing around with) is someone from the band Trouble. If you remember in Part 5, a guy named Bing, ran into the Roadhouse and yelled out Billy's name and then left.

So the whole cast meeting up in Twin Peaks could be like Resevior Dogs LOL

And for God's sake NO BILLY ZANE!! The only purpose he ever served was taking Audrey's virginity LOL

22 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I think when Diane, Albert and Gordon get together it's just so funny.

I wish they would be more specific about her relationship with Dale Cooper, since that must have been off camera.

I also want to know when Audrey came out of her coma and does she know her crazy son Richard killed someone?

Anyway, I still am waiting for Bobby, Sheriff Truman and Hawk to go to that place that Bobby's father said in the message. Glad dopey Jerry finally got out of the forest. lol

Well it seems to me she is either helping Evil Coop or Phillip Jeffries. Just for the fact that she stood by and let Hastings get his skull crunched by one of those woodsmen is a kind of stain on her character.

I also do not understand why they have not, on camera, said who Richard is in relation to in the Horne family. Ben, Jerry, Sylvia, nor Audrey have ever spoke of him in a familial way. Even if it is a off hand comment it would tie up that loose thread.

I think the best part of this episode is they finally explained what The Blue Rose was. Phillip Jeffries, Chet Desmond, Dale Cooper, and Albert Rosenfeld were a part of it. This is why neither Chet Desmond or Cooper wouldn't tell Sam Stanley (Keifer Sutherland) from Fire Walk With Me what it was. Now Tammy is a part of Blue Rose. But think about it when Albert said he was the only one left from Blue Rose and know that the guy playing him is IRL dead. That's some heavy shit.

2 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Jack Rabbit's Palace?

When did Hawk show the sheriff his map? Part 11 or part 12? I can't remember.

Does anybody know what the title of part 13 is yet?

Hawk's map was in Part 11

Here are the rest of the parts titles

Part 13 - What Story Is That, Charlie?

Part 14 - We Are Like The Dreamer

Part 15 - There's Some Fear In Letting Go

Part 16 - No Knock, No Doorbell

Part 17 - The Past Dictates The Future

Part 18 - What Is Your Name?

Edited by Jabberwocky

9 hours ago, Rdeyahlxp said:

I hope the last episode being boring means the next one will be awesome again, since part 11 was amazing too. I don't get why Lynch keeps introducing new characters, but I guess I'm getting "L Y N C H E D".

The random girls popping on screen at The Roadhouse is infuriating. Maybe these are just vignettes with the only context in to show how dangerous of a place Twin Peaks has become. Lynch is a big believer of not everything has to have context.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jabberwocky said:

The random girls popping on screen at The Roadhouse is infuriating. Maybe these are just vignettes with the only context in to show how dangerous of a place Twin Peaks has become. Lynch is a big believer of not everything has to have context.

I agree. So annoying. There are so many things still left up in the air and when will Lynch get to them.

That woman with Gordon took about 7 minutes to get off the couch and put on her shoes, drink her wine and leave the room. lol It was like WTF? I loved Albert's face. I was waiting for him to scream at her to get the hell out, but I guess he doesn't cross Gordon.

Does Shelley know that guy she's crazy about is the big drug dealer? God, she was like she was 17 years old again. Some women never learn.

The more I see the damn gold shovel, the more I want one! lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jabberwocky said:

Here are the rest of the parts titles

Part 18 - What Is Your Name?

Wishful thinking but I think Cooper will "wake up" in the finale after reading that.

Does anybody remember the names of the workmen at the apartment building/hotel/motel way back where the "Major's" body was discovered. The gardener and the guy with the truck?

7 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Wishful thinking but I think Cooper will "wake up" in the finale after reading that.

Does anybody remember the names of the workmen at the apartment building/hotel/motel way back where the "Major's" body was discovered. The gardener and the guy with the truck?

Hank Fillmore. And wasn't it just one guy? Or do you mean the one he's calling as well?

http://twinpeaks.wikia.com/wiki/Hank_Fillmore

3 hours ago, Rdeyahlxp said:

Hank Fillmore. And wasn't it just one guy? Or do you mean the one he's calling as well?

http://twinpeaks.wikia.com/wiki/Hank_Fillmore

Wasn't there two guys? One guy was behind a gate who spoke to the police and other guy was the one by the truck?

5 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Wasn't there two guys? One guy was behind a gate who spoke to the police and other guy was the one by the truck?

I think you mean the same guy. He greets the officers around the 39 minute mark of part 1 and calls his mate by his truck at the 41:30 minute mark. Seems just like a paranoid shady side-character with no revelance to the main story.

9 minutes ago, Rdeyahlxp said:

I think you mean the same guy. He greets the officers around the 39 minute mark of part 1 and calls his mate by his truck at the 41:30 minute mark. Seems just like a paranoid shady side-character with no revelance to the main story.

Oh ok.

I was trying to figure out who Audrey and Charlie were talking about.

Wait, who's the guy who (has probably been murdered by now) agreed to meet Andy at 4:30pm several episodes ago? Did he have a name?