Twin Peaks returns (Confirmed)

Jabberwocky

• 1 month later...

Bumping this up for news. Things are getting very interesting now...

http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/twin-peaks/249216/twin-peaks-amanda-seyfried-joins-the-show

Twin Peaks: Amanda Seyfried joins the show David Lynch and Mark Frost’s Twin Peaks revival at Showtime has added Amanda Seyfried to the fray…

Here’s an interesting one – Showtime’s revival of Twin Peaks has just added Amanda Seyfried to its cast.

Recently seen being roundly insulted in Ted 2, Seyfried’s resume includes sizeable hits on screens both big and small. These include Les Miserables, Veronica Mars, Mean Girls and many more. She’ll soon be seen as Mary in Joe Wright’s Pan, as well.

She will appear in several episodes of Twin Peaks, according to TV Line, who broke the story. This will be her biggest televisual project since HBO’s Big Love ended in 2011.

She’ll be a "pivotal new character," according to the report, but there’s no clues yet as to whether she’ll be related to any former characters or an all-new introduction. TV Line pondered whether she could be Coop and Annie’s daughter, but only time will tell on that one.

Twin Peaks’ comeback season has David Lynch and Mark Frost back at the helm, with Kyle MacLachlan returning as Agent Cooper, too. It’s been teased that more "familiar faces" will be joining him in the cast soon.

We’ll keep you posted as more updates come in. The show is expected in 2017.

Yeah I saw that. Could definitely see it being possible that she's Cooper and Annie's daughter.

Would be awesome if David Duchovny reprised his rose for an episode at least, just for old time's sake :lol:

Was reading something that Fenn posted something on Twitter about possible problems with her return but it seems she's taken them down so hopefully that's not the case. Would find it hard to believe.

Yeah I saw that. Could definitely see it being possible that she's Cooper and Annie's daughter.

Would be awesome if David Duchovny reprised his rose for an episode at least, just for old time's sake :lol:

Was reading something that Fenn posted something on Twitter about possible problems with her return but it seems she's taken them down so hopefully that's not the case. Would find it hard to believe.

Could be a daughter. I'm hoping it's not but supposedly if this is a main role, I'd rather her be a new FBI agent or a reporter for the paper. And Duchovny sounds good on paper but I doubt it will happen. My main concern is hanging in too many old cast members and not have them interweaved seemlessly. When it becomes just about nostalgia.

And I had to ask around at what Fenn said but what she tweeted was "I am so sick and tired, at 50 years old, of feeling the need to show my worth as a women to a fucked up youth glorified business. #OverIt" As much as Lynch is needed for this so is Audrey. She, along with Deputy Hawk, and Ronette, and most definately Seyfried's character is going to be the ones who can free Cooper from The Black Lodge. But Fenn is is need of work and ain't gonna turn down whatever she is doing (it still hasn't been confirmed that she is even returning)

Another bump on the road back to Peaks.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/catherine-coulson-log-lady-twin-peaks-dies-dead-1201604367/

Catherine E. Coulson, who played the Log Lady on David Lynch’s “Twin Peaks” TV series and was set to return to the new Showtime version, died Monday morning of cancer. She was 71.

“We are all deeply sad, she meant so much to so many,” said her agent, Mary Dangerfield, who confirmed her death.

Coulson, who also worked as a camera assistant, reprised the Log Lady role in the feature “Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me” and more recently, she appeared on an episode of “Portlandia” and in the film “Redwood Highway.”

David Lynch said in a statement, “Today I lost one of my dearest friends, Catherine Coulson. Catherine was solid gold. She was always there for her friends — she was filled with love for all people — for her family — for her work. She was a tireless worker. She had a great sense of humor — she loved to laugh and make people laugh. She was a spiritual person — a longtime TM meditator. She was the Log Lady.”

Coulson worked with Lynch as assistant director on his 1977 debut feature “Eraserhead,” where they began discussing the idea of a woman who carried around a log. She described her Margaret Lanterman character as the “only normal person on the show,” but qualified that she’s “had some trauma and bonded with this Ponderosa pine.” The ABC show ran for two seasons in 1990 and 1991.

She also appeared in Lynch’s 1974 short film “The Amputee” as a woman with both legs amputated.

When she appeared at a Philadelphia event last December, she was asked if Lynch had any suggestions for her character in the new “Twin Peaks. “He suggested I talk about sustainable forestry,” she told the Wall St. Journal at the time.

Coulson worked as first or second assistant camera on “Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan,” “Modern Romance,” ‘Youngblood” and “Night on Earth.”

After moving back to her birthplace of Ashland, Ore. she appeared in numerous plays for the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, including “August, Osage County,” “Much Ado About Nothing,” “Hamlet” and “Chicago.” Elsewhere she appeared in “Major Barbara,” “The Elephant Man” and “The Threepenny Opera.”

Coulson was married to “Eraserhead” and “Twin Peaks” star Jack Nance before marrying Marc Sirinsky, with whom she had a daughter.

They cast the guy from prison breakCQfPrueUcAArOFU.jpg

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/02/robert-knepper-joins-twin-peaks-revival

Robert Knepper Joins Twin Peaks Revival

There are many things we don't know about Showtime's upcoming Twin Peaks revival. Like who from the original series, aside from star Kyle MacLachlan, is officially returning (many alum have stated they'll be back, but no announcements have been made)? And what role Amanda Seyfried is playing? Well, we can now add one more mystery to the mix.

Per Deadline, Robert Knepper (Prison Break, Heroes, Public Morals) has landed a recurring role on the new season. But like so much else about the new Peaks, his role is shrouded in secrecy. Will he be an FBI agent? A local crime boss? Killer Bob's brother...Rob? We'll have to wait and see.

Twin Peaks went back into production a few weeks ago, with David Lynch set to direct all the episodes, each written by Lynch and co-creator Mark Frost. The new series is expected to air in 2017.

Another new cast member has been added. The new faces are making this very exciting for me.

http://tvline.com/2015/10/06/twin-peaks-peter-sarsgaard-cast-showtime-revival/

Twin Peaks: Peter Sarsgaard Joins Showtime Revival in Recurring Role

That’s some damn good casting.

Showtime’s forthcoming Twin Peaks revival has added Peter Sarsgaard (The Killing, The Slap) in an unspecified recurring role, TVLine has learned exclusively.

A Showtime rep declined to comment.

Sarsgaard is the latest Twin Peaks neophyte to board the limited-series continuation of the ’90s classic, joining Prison Break‘s Robert Knepper, Brothers & Sisters’ Balthazar Getty and Big Love‘s Amanda Seyfried. To date, the only piece of casting Showtime has officially confirmed is Kyle MacLachlan, who will reprise his role as Agent Dale Cooper.

Twin Peaks co-creators David Lynch and Mark Frost have penned all episodes of the present-day revival — which will total more than the originally announced nine hours — with Lynch directing every installment. Filming is currently underway in Washington state.

Twin Peaks is slated to return in Summer 2017.

Grrr...and yet ANOTHER bump in the road. I'm hoping all of this is just a red herring to "keep the mystery alive"

http://tvline.com/2015/10/08/twin-peaks-sheriff-harry-truman-recast-michael-ontkean-robert-forster/

Michael Ontkean has opted not to reprise his role of Sheriff Harry S. Truman in the upcoming limited-run revival.

This is a damn fine disappointment.

When Twin Peaks resurfaces on Showtime in Summer 2017, there will be a new sheriff in town.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Michael Ontkean has opted not to reprise his beloved role of Sheriff Harry S. Truman in the upcoming limited-run revival. Rumor has it that veteran actor Robert Forster (Heroes, Karen Sisco) has stepped in to replace Ontkean as the town’s top lawman, although it’s unclear if he will be playing Truman or a new sheriff.

Regarding Ontkean’s decision not to return, a source close to the actor says, “Michael is fully retired from show business, and has been for many years.”

Although Ontkean’s absence will come as a blow to diehard Twin Peaks fans, Forster is something of a felicitous replacement. Twin Peaks legend has it that David Lynch originally eyed Forster for the role of Sheriff Truman during Twin Peaks‘ inaugural ABC run. (Lynch would go on to hire Forster as a cop in 2001’s Mulholland Drive.)

Forster is the latest Twin Peaks neophyte to board the Showtime continuation, joining The Killing‘s Peter Sarsgaard, Prison Break‘s Robert Knepper, Brothers & Sisters’ Balthazar Getty and Big Love‘s Amanda Seyfried. To date, the only piece of casting Showtime has officially confirmed is Kyle MacLachlan, who will reprise his role as Agent Dale Cooper.

Lynch and fellow co-creator Mark Frost have penned all episodes of the present-day revival — which is rumored to total more than a dozen episodes — with Lynch directing every installment. Filming is currently underway in Washington state.

A Showtime rep declined to comment for this story.

It would be cool for nostalgic reasons but unless he would be somehow pivitol to the show he's not needed. He was only around for a very short story arc anyways.

I always wonder, will we see Bob on this season, considering the actor died long time ago?

They might get a look-a-like to replace him. BOB didn't have but just a couple of lines in the show. His prescene is what disturbed people so much.

Lynch is very adimant to keeping everything under wraps thus the #KeepTheMysteryAlive hashtag. Alot of rumor and speculation, and for who knows, this leaked footage could be just to throw people off. Even back when the show first aired the scripts were pretty much in piecemeal so that even the actors/actresses didn't know what was going on. They filmed 3 different versions of the actual reveal of the killer. Remember, Lynch didn't just come out about people visiting the set and leaking information, he came out against Twin Peaks fans visiting the set at all. He doesn't want anyone there.

Unless it is officially confirmed by Showtime, Frost, and Lynch I consider everything related to the new show to be nothing but rumor and speculation.

Edited by Jabberwocky
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Jennifer Jason Leigh Joins ‘Twin Peaks’ Follow-Up Series

http://deadline.com/2015/10/twin-peaks-jennifer-jason-lee-cast-showtime-1201597304/

Jennifer Jason Leigh has become the latest big name to join David Lynch’s upcoming new installment of his groundbreaking 1990 mystery series Twin Peaks, I have learned. The Showtime project has been shrouded in secrecy, so nobody is commenting, but Leigh’s casting was unofficially confirmed when paparazzi photos from a night shoot in the Mojave desert earlier this week included a grainy shot of what looked like Leigh filming a scene with star Kyle MacLachlan. Original co-star Sheryl Lee, who plays Laura Palmer, also was snapped.

Leigh is joining a number of new Twin Peaks additions, with the list reportedly including Prison Break‘s Robert Knepper, Brothers & Sisters’ Balthazar Getty, and Big Love‘s Amanda Seyfried. I hear Lynch has been trying to get other well-known actors too, including movie star Naomi Watts who got her break in Lynch’s Mulholland Drive.

Lynch is directing the new Twin Peaks installment from a script he co-wrote with fellow Twin Peaks co-creator Mark Frost.

Well I've waited 25 years for this so another year and a half to 2 years isn't so bad. At least it's better than them saying "it's going to be postponed indefinately"

‘Twin Peaks’ Follow-up Pushed To 2017 (Official)

http://deadline.com/2015/11/twin-peaks-premiere-2017-david-lynch-showtime-1201605591/

Don’t hold your breath for the debut of Showtime’s new Twin Peaks series from David Lynch. Unless you can hold it for a year-plus, that is. CBS Corp CEO Leslie Moonves said during the company’s Q3 earnings call that the drama series will arrive sometime in 2017 after all.

That was the original plan for the series, but Showtime Networks President David Nevins said in August that the series from Lynch and Mark Frost was slated to start production in September for a hoped-for 2016 premiere. But he said at the time that there is no pressure on Lynch, who has complete creative control over the project. “I’ll take it when it’s ready,” Nevins said. “I hope that’s sooner rather than later.

Kyle McLachlan is set to return for the follow-up, which remains shrouded in secrecy, along with reported newcomers Jennifer Jason Leigh, Robert Knepper, Balthazar Getty and Amanda Seyfried. Lynch is directing the entire new series from a script he wrote with his fellow co-creator Frost. The groundbreaking original Twin Peaks series, a murder-mystery thriller set in the titular fictional town, aired for 30 episodes in 1990-91 on ABC.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have zero idea who this guy is but he's on board now

Bailey Chase To Hike Up To Twin Peaks

http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/news/bailey-chase-to-hike-up-to-twin-peaks-331

Longmire star Bailey Chase is packing his jerkey and plenty of water, because soon he's making the trek up to Twin Peaks, Showtime's reboot series to be directed by David Lynch. As usual, his character details are strictly under wraps. Evidently the new mystery of the show is what the hell it's actually going to be about.

Chase is joining returning cast members Kyle MacLachlan, Sheryl Lee, Sherilyn Fenn, Dana Ashbrook, and Machen Amick, as well as newly announced performers Jennifer Jason Leigh, Robert Knepper, Peter Sarsgaard, Balthazar Getty, Miguel Ferrer, and Amanda Seyfried.

The man has some experience in the genre, guest starring on the pilot episode of Lucifer and appearing in the criminally underrated cheesepuff thriller THE BOY NEXT DOOR. He can also be seen in the upcoming BATMAN V. SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE. Fun Fact: He also made an early appearance in Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 4 as Graham Miller, the best friend of Riley, Buffy's bland college love interest.

I can't say I'm intimately familiar with his work, but he certainly made more of an impression than Marc Blucas, so that's saying something. Only time will tell what he contributes to Lynch's madcap small town.

Twin Peaks, co-written by Lynch and Mark Frost, will be sluggishly returning in 2017.

Edited by Jabberwocky

An interesting tidbit Dana Ashbrooke (who played Bobby Briggs) dropped was how long the revival has been in the works. According to him, David Lynch and Mark Frost would write for a year, discuss what had been written for 6 months, then write again cyclically. He also saw (but wasn't allowed to read) the complete script, which he described as an absurdly thick tome.

Dana also mentioned that besides Snoqualmie, they would be filming all over, "different cities, different states, even different countries."

• 1 month later...

Offical teaser trailer released today. This, right here, is proof of why there is no Twin Peaks without David Lynch. Just look at how beautiful the cinematogrophy is of just trees, mountains, and a waterfall. It pops out and then lulls you back in with its subtlety. You could never get this out of anybody else who tried to take over this project.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So Diane will be revealed?

http://tvline.com/2016/01/09/laura-dern-twin-peaks-cast-showtime-revival/

Twin Peaks: Laura Dern Joins Cast of Showtime Revival — as Diane?!

“Diane, it’s 6:05 in the evening and… there are indications you’re about to be unmasked.”

Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that Twin Peaks co-creator David Lynch has tapped his longtime muse, Laura Dern, to join the forthcoming Showtime revival in a pivotal role.

Details about Dern’s character are being kept under the tightest of wraps, but one tantalizing theory has the Oscar-nominated actress playing Agent Cooper’s never-before-seen secretary Diane. If true, that means Dern and Kyle MacLachlan would once again be paired as investigators, a super-cool nod to their roles in Lynch’s 1986 mystery noir Blue Velvet,

A Showtime rep declined to comment for this story.

• Like 1