Twin Peaks returns (Confirmed)

Jabberwocky

31 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

4.89 GB and 3:29:47 run-time. I guess I've got the V2 edit. I'll probably watch it Thursday hopefully.

That's the one :) I like both versions but I prefer the fan-edit over the theatrical cut because while it expands on certain supernatural mythos it's also not just completely pitch dark. It feels more in line with the tone of the series and not "A Nightmare On Elm Street with Laura Palmer" like the theatrical cut ended up being.

Edited by Jabberwocky
  • Like 1

Sad news

RIP: Agent Rosenfield:(:(

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/miguel-ferrer-dead-dies-ncis-los-angeles-1201964233/

Miguel Ferrer, ‘NCIS: Los Angeles’ Actor, Dies at 61

Miguel Ferrer, the character and voice actor who appeared in shows including “NCIS: Los Angeles” and “Crossing Jordan,” and films such as “RoboCop” and “Iron Man 3,” died on Thursday of throat cancer. He was 61.

Ferrer was the son of top 1950s singer Rosemary Clooney and actor Jose Ferrer, and first cousin to George Clooney. He appeared on “NCIS: Los Angeles” for seven seasons.

George Clooney said Ferrer “made the world brighter and funnier” in a statement obtained by Variety.

“Today history will mark giant changes in our world, and lost to most will be that on the same day Miguel Ferrer lost his battle to throat cancer. But not lost to his family,” Clooney wrote. “Miguel made the world brighter and funnier, and his passing is felt so deeply in our family that events of the day, (monumental  events), pale in comparison. We love you Miguel. We always will.”

“NCIS: Los Angeles” showrunner R. Scott Gemmill said in a statement, “Today, ‘NCIS: Los Angeles’ lost a beloved family member. Miguel was a man of tremendous talent who had a powerful dramatic presence on screen, a wicked sense of humor, and a huge heart.”

He also appeared on the original “Twin Peaks” TV series and will reprise his role as FBI pathologist Albert Rosenfield in Showtime’s upcoming “Twin Peaks” reboot.

His TV roles included “Shannon’s Deal,” “Broken Badges,” “Crossing Jordan,” “Bionic Woman,” and “Desperate Housewives.” He also provided voices for films, TV shows, and videogames, including “Mulan,” “Superman: The Animated Series,” “Robot Chicken,” “American Dad!,” “The Spectacular Spider-Man,” and the “Halo 3” videogame. On film, he also appeared in the 2004 “The Manchurian Candidate,” “Sunshine State,” “Hard Ride to Hell,” and “Mr. Magoo.”

Born in Santa Monica, Calif., he started out as a studio musician, touring with his mother and Bing Crosby, and recording with Keith Moon of The Who, before moving into television and film.

Among his early appearances were playing his father’s younger self on “Magnum P.I.” and portraying an Excelsior helm officer in “Star Trek III: The Search for Spock.” In “Robocop,” he played corporate executive and villain Bob Morton, a type he would return to frequently in roles such as an engineer in “DeepStar Six,” in “Hot Shots! Part Deux,” in the mini-series “The Stand,” and as a drug informant in “Traffic.”

He is survived by his wife, Lori; sons, Lukas and Rafi; and several brothers and sisters.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Not much as in fresh news but important just the same. A glimpse of what's to come with the new series

"Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me” Is Required Viewing And Available On Showtime In March

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin-peaks-fire-walk-with-me-streaming/

As promised back in 2014, David Lynch has revealed nothing about the plot of the new Twin Peaks so far. Except for one thing: that the story of Laura Palmer’s last seven days —as detailed in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me— is “very much important for this.”

An ongoing poll shows that 1 out of every 10 Twin Peaks fans still hasn’t watched the 1992 movie starring Sheryl Lee! To make sure fans are fully prepared for the journey back to Twin Peaks, Showtime has announced it will be adding it to their streaming service on Wednesday, March 1, 2017. The prequel will debut on air on the same day at 8 PM ET/PT.

David Lynch, of course, did not elaborate on why the movie may be required viewing before May 21st. Based on the cast list, we know that of the characters it introduced, at least Carl Rodd (Harry Dean Stanton) and Jumping Man (Carlton Lee Russell) are set to return. The enigmatic Phillip Jeffries, originally played by the late David Bowie, is also rumored to make an appearance in the new series. If so, it’ll be interesting to see how they can top this.

Aside from new characters, the movie contributes intriguing elements to the mythology, like the jade ring —referenced multiple times in Mark Frost’s “The Secret History of Twin Peaks”— and the painting that “would look good on your wall.” And maybe we’ll learn more about Gordon Cole’s Blue Rose cases 16 weeks from now?

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me is part of Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery. You can also find it on Amazon Video and iTunes.

In other news, the film’s phenomenal soundtrack by Angelo Badalamenti was rereleased on vinyl last week. Grab a copy before it’s sold out.

Edited by Jabberwocky
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jabberwocky said:

Not much as in fresh news but important just the same. A glimpse of what's to come with the new series

"Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me” Is Required Viewing And Available On Showtime In March

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin-peaks-fire-walk-with-me-streaming/

As promised back in 2014, David Lynch has revealed nothing about the plot of the new Twin Peaks so far. Except for one thing: that the story of Laura Palmer’s last seven days —as detailed in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me— is “very much important for this.”

An ongoing poll shows that 1 out of every 10 Twin Peaks fans still hasn’t watched the 1992 movie starring Sheryl Lee! To make sure fans are fully prepared for the journey back to Twin Peaks, Showtime has announced it will be adding it to their streaming service on Wednesday, March 1, 2017. The prequel will debut on air on the same day at 8 PM ET/PT.

David Lynch, of course, did not elaborate on why the movie may be required viewing before May 21st. Based on the cast list, we know that of the characters it introduced, at least Carl Rodd (Harry Dean Stanton) and Jumping Man (Carlton Lee Russell) are set to return. The enigmatic Phillip Jeffries, originally played by the late David Bowie, is also rumored to make an appearance in the new series. If so, it’ll be interesting to see how they can top this.

Aside from new characters, the movie contributes intriguing elements to the mythology, like the jade ring —referenced multiple times in Mark Frost’s “The Secret History of Twin Peaks”— and the painting that “would look good on your wall.” And maybe we’ll learn more about Gordon Cole’s Blue Rose cases 16 weeks from now?

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me is part of Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery. You can also find it on Amazon Video and iTunes.

In other news, the film’s phenomenal soundtrack by Angelo Badalamenti was rereleased on vinyl last week. Grab a copy before it’s sold out.

I downloaded the Q2 fan edit, just need to find time to watch it.

When I was looking for the fan edit of FWWM I noticed Q2 had another fan edit of the series,5 hours long called Northwest Passage which shows just the Laura Palmer mystery in chronological order - have you seen this one by any chance? 

On 2/2/2017 at 11:41 PM, aliexpress said:

I downloaded the Q2 fan edit, just need to find time to watch it.

When I was looking for the fan edit of FWWM I noticed Q2 had another fan edit of the series,5 hours long called Northwest Passage which shows just the Laura Palmer mystery in chronological order - have you seen this one by any chance? 

Yeah, that was the first fan edit I ever watched. I thought it was a pile of shit. The thing that made Twin Peaks so great was that everybody was suspect. Laura Palmer was central to all of the other characters and in Northwest Passage it was all removed. For example, Audrey was in just one scene and never seen or mentioned again. In Cooper's dream they don't even show BOB, just a black screen but with BOB's audio still intact. The scene of Cooper getting shot is never resolved. It's a clusterfuck and a chore to set through. I saw it once, several years ago, and after it was over I immediately deleted it

Edited by Jabberwocky

1 minute ago, Jabberwocky said:

Yeah, that was the first fan edit I ever watched. I thought it was a pile of shit. The thing that made Twin Peaks so great was that everybody was suspect and in Northwest Passage it was all removed. Audrey was in just one scene and never seen or mentioned again. In Cooper's dream they don't even show BOB, just a black screen but with BOB's audio still intact. It's a clusterfuck and a chore to set through. I saw it once, several years ago, and after it was over I immediately deleted it

Thanks mate, I won't waste my time downloading it. I thought it might be a quick way to get my wife up to speed before the new series. 

On 2/3/2017 at 10:14 PM, aliexpress said:

Thanks mate, I won't waste my time downloading it. I thought it might be a quick way to get my wife up to speed before the new series. 

No problems. Northwest Passage is like a 5 hour movie-of-the-week. Twin Peaks is meant to be savored so there's no quick way, unless if you want to marathon it. Q2 made a misfire but redeemed himself with the Fire Walk With Me and Blue Velvet fan-edits.

Edited by Jabberwocky

David Lynch Reveals What It Would Take For Twin Peaks To Continue After Limited Series

http://www.alternativenation.net/david-lynch-reveals-take-twin-peaks-continue-limited-series/

Sherilyn Fenn discussed Twin Peaks’ upcoming Showtime return in a new interview with Twin Peaks Unwrapped. Fenn paraphrased what co-creator David Lynch told her about the future of the show beyond its 2017 comeback season. Alternative Nation transcribed her comments. Also remember to check out Twin Peaks Worldwide and Obnoxious and Anonymous for the latest Twin Peaks news.

“What David ended up writing for me was amazing, it was wonderful. I was so excited, and nervous, and thrilled. We had a great time doing it, it was a bumpy ride getting there, but once we got there, we hugged. He was like, ‘It’s great, be happy.’ He said that he loves doing it so much, he said if people like the show, that he would do more. Now David can change his mind, as we know, but he said the hardest part is writing it, it’s just really buckling down and getting it written, he said.

‘But Sherilyn, you never know, you never know.’ That’s the truth, you don’t know, it’s the throw of the dice, they could love it, they could hate it. But he loved doing it so much he said, ‘If they love it, I would do more.’ I was like, ‘That’s great!’”

Fenn also said that Lynch told her to stop tweeting on set.

“David will say, ‘Sherilyn Fenn, stop tweeting!’ (Laughs) When we were on the set, I took one picture, literally in my trailer, and I tweeted, and by the time I got to the set, I was called directly [to David], ‘Sherilynn Fenn, you can’t tweet pictures!’ I’m like, ‘Good god, why can’t I tweet a picture?’ I waited until we were finished, and then I tweeted it. I mean, I’m not giving away any secrets, because I’m not saying this happens, or this happens.”

When asked about the new season, Fenn said she didn’t know any storylines outside of the ones her character, Audrey Horne, is involved in.

“David didn’t hand out scripts to all of us. I know what I do in it, and that’s all I know.”

Fenn also discussed the video she and other cast member made when Lynch briefly backed out of reviving the show in spring 2015.

“I thought Twin Peaks would come back, and I would live happily ever after, I was so happy. Then he called on Easter [2015] and said, ‘I’m out.’ I said, ‘What do you mean you’re out? If you’re out, I’m out. I’m not doing it without you.’ Then I called the other cast members, and Madchen [Amick] is a computer wiz, so we had this idea, and got everybody on board. My understanding is that he had agreed to do 9 [episodes], then when he got into the world, he felt like 9 wasn’t enough, and he wanted to do twice as many, and that meant twice as much money, and they said no, and he said he’s out. Then there was even talk that Mark [Frost] and Kyle [MacLachlan] were still going to do it, and that’s when we got together. I said, ‘I’m not doing it, are you? I’m literally not doing it if David isn’t doing it, it’s ridiculous. I love Mark, I love Kyle, but sorry, we can’t lose the key component. I saw how the second season went.’”

Twin Peaks: The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer Audiobook Coming (Rumor)

http://comicbook.com/2017/02/04/twin-peaks-the-secret-diary-of-laura-palmer-audiobook-coming/

Since it's initial release in 1990, Twin Peaks has grown into a sort of cultural phenomenon. The crime drama aired aired for two seasons on ABC, and seemed to come to a close with the 1992 film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me. But it will soon enter the public consciousness again, with a limited series revival airing on Showtime later this year

And now, it appears that another piece of Twin Peaks media will be getting an update, to coincide with the revival's release.

A recent tweet from the fan account TwinPeaksArchve reports that an audiobook of The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer is in the process of being recorded.

According to the report, Sheryl Lee, who played Laura Palmer in the franchise's previous installments, is lending her voice to the book.

While the tweet still remains a rumor, with no official announcement at this time, it was recently retweeted by Mark Frost, who co-created the series with David Lynch. This has led fans to believe that the rumor is in fact true, which would come as welcome news, since fans have been campaigning for the audiobook's release for years.

As Twin Peaks fans know, Laura Palmer's death kickstarts the events of the series, and "Who Killed Laura Palmer?" was essentially the show's central mystery. Laura's diary appeared throughout the show, serving as a plot device in both Fire Walk with Me and the show's first season.

The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer was released as a tie-in to the first season, and reached #4 on the New York Times paperback fiction best seller list in 1990. The novel was written by Jennifer Lynch, Lynch's then 22-year-old daughter.

Twin Peaks returns as a limited series to Showtime in 2017.

• 2 weeks later...

Showtime’s Dale Cooper And Laura Palmer Teasers Mix Old And New Twin Peaks Footage

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/dale-cooper-mirror-laura-palmer-body-teasers/

Let’s take a closer look at the two new 30-second Twin Peaks teasers Showtime shared today, both mixing in the “It is happening again” title card for the very first time.

Twin Peaks ‘Mirror’ Tease

The “Mirror” tease shows Dale Cooper’s final shot in the season two finale —note that we do not hear his final words— followed by footage of a somber, present-day Dale Cooper as seen in an earlier teaser. What happens during the 25 years between both scenes will likely be the story of the new Twin Peaks.

Twin Peaks ‘Body’ Tease

The second tease, titled “Body,” shows the iconic head shot of the murdered Laura Palmer and then jumps to a previously unseen shot of her homecoming queen portrait taped to what looks like cardboard. Is it missing the frame?

It is safe to assume that, just like the image of Dale Cooper in the dark, this footage is from the upcoming series.

Are you satisfied with teases like these for now, or do you think it’s time for a full-blown trailer?

• Like 1

This is like a bad omen. All of the original cast is dying off.

Twin Peaks actor Warren Frost dies at 91

http://ew.com/tv/2017/02/17/warren-frost-dead-twin-peaks-actor-dies-91/?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Warren Frost, the actor best known for his role in the original and upcoming Twin Peaks, died Friday in Middlebury, Virginia after a lengthy illness. He was 91.

The actor, who served in the Navy during World War 2, originated the role of Dr. Will Hayward in the 1990 ABC drama Twin Peaks and came out of retirement last year to reprise the part on Showtime. The new version, which was co-created by Frost’s son Mark, will premiere in May.

“We’re saddened today to announce the passing of our dear old dad, Warren Frost,” Mark Frost said in a statement on Friday. “From the Normandy shores on D-Day to his 50-year career on stage and screen, he remained the same humble guy from Vermont who taught us that a life devoted to telling the right kind of truths can make a real difference in the lives of others. We’re grateful to have shared him with the world for as long as we did.”

The Massachusetts-born actor dabbled in theater and behind-the-camera work in New York City before moving to Los Angeles to take up acting again — first on shows like Dragnet and later as a regular on CBS’ As The World Turns. His busiest decade was the ’90s, when he joined Twin Peaks in 1990 and Seinfeld in 1992 as Mr. Ross, the father of George Costanza’s fiancée, Susan. He also recurred on Matlock, and made several appearances on shows like The Larry Sanders Show, Murphy Brown, Life Goes On, and L.A. Law.

Frost is survived by his wife of 68 years, Virginia, and his three children — author and producer Mark Frost, novelist and photographer Scott Frost, and actress and artist Lindsay Frost — as well as three grandchildren.

On 18/02/2017 at 5:02 AM, Jabberwocky said:

Showtime’s Dale Cooper And Laura Palmer Teasers Mix Old And New Twin Peaks Footage

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/dale-cooper-mirror-laura-palmer-body-teasers/

Let’s take a closer look at the two new 30-second Twin Peaks teasers Showtime shared today, both mixing in the “It is happening again” title card for the very first time.

Twin Peaks ‘Mirror’ Tease

The “Mirror” tease shows Dale Cooper’s final shot in the season two finale —note that we do not hear his final words— followed by footage of a somber, present-day Dale Cooper as seen in an earlier teaser. What happens during the 25 years between both scenes will likely be the story of the new Twin Peaks.

Twin Peaks ‘Body’ Tease

The second tease, titled “Body,” shows the iconic head shot of the murdered Laura Palmer and then jumps to a previously unseen shot of her homecoming queen portrait taped to what looks like cardboard. Is it missing the frame?

It is safe to assume that, just like the image of Dale Cooper in the dark, this footage is from the upcoming series.

Are you satisfied with teases like these for now, or do you think it’s time for a full-blown trailer?

I like the teasers but I'd like a trailer, it would be interesting to see what we're in store for. I think we will get one as Lynch must be used to putting them together for his movies, I'm just impatient and would like it sooner rather than later!

I don't need a trailer since I'm gonna devour every second of the show anyway...and it's better to be surprised.

But yeah...Log Lady, Rosenfield, and now Dr. Haywood all died since the production wrapped.  And that's in addition to all the cast members that died in the 25 year gap.  It's a real shame.  But people get old...25 years is a long time, and some of the cast were already kinda old in 1990.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, aliexpress said:

I like the teasers but I'd like a trailer, it would be interesting to see what we're in store for. I think we will get one as Lynch must be used to putting them together for his movies, I'm just impatient and would like it sooner rather than later!

Lynch and Showtime has already said they are not going to do any trailers. You're just going to get teasers like these. Besides how can you do a trailer for a show that was scripted and shot like an 18 hour movie?

Happy ‘Twin Peaks’ Day: Showtime Unveils Posters For Return Of David Lynch Series

http://deadline.com/2017/02/twin-peaks-posters-unveiled-showtime-1201961914/

Seriously, it’s Twin Peaks Day — a spot on the calendar that has been revered by the show’s fans as the day when Kyle MacLachlan’s Agent Dale Cooper entered the Washington state town for the first time: On February 24, 11:30 AM (the time as of right now on the East Coast). How do we know? Because Cooper dictated the event to his secretary Diane on his tape recorder while driving into town

To celebrate the day, Showtime has dropped key art for the return of the David Lynch cult series. One poster shows the series’ iconic image of Laura Palmer’s homecoming queen photo, while the other is Cooper. Below are the one sheets in full:

one-sheet-laura-palmer-twin-peaks   twinpeaks_pr-release_cooper_hi-res

Showtime president David Nevins teased at TCA that the return of the cult ’90s series is “about Agent Dale Cooper’s odyssey to Twin Peaks.” The show picks up 25 years after the town was rocked by Palmer’s murder. That time lapse also has another meaning for fans, because in the original show, Palmer tells Cooper during a warped dream, “I’ll see you again in 25 years.”

The 18-part limited series makes its world premiere May 21 at 9 PM ET/PT in two-parts on air, demand and online. Following the premiere, Showtime Anytime and On Demand subscribers will immediately have access to Episodes 3 and 4, which will air on Showtime on May 28 at 9 PM. In subsequent weeks single episodes will air. Lynch is directing each episode of the series, which was written and executive produced by Lynch and Mark Frost.

Edited by Jabberwocky
  • Like 2

‘Twin Peaks’: Hear Sheryl Lee Bring ‘The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer’ To Life In New Clips

David Lynch's daughter wrote a prequel novel for 'Twin Peaks' in the '90s, and you can finally listen to it on Audible on May 2.

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/03/twin-peaks-secret-diary-of-laura-palmer-audiobook-clips-1201789195/

Audible Studios has released three new clips from the audiobook edition of Jennifer Lynch‘s “The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer,” which was originally published in 1990 as a spin-off of David Lynch’s “Twin Peaks” television series. Sheryl Lee, who played the character in the series, returns to perform as Laura.

The three clips introduce the character of Laura Palmer at age 12, seemingly innocent enough, as she eagerly writes in the new diary she got for her birthday. However, Laura seems to have some dark secrets, as the clips hint at the psychosexual horror to come, when she writes about more adult conversations and intense visions of a demonic presence. You know, normal Lynch stuff.

“There are some things I can’t tell anyone,” Palmer confess, voiced ominously by Lee, as if speaking directly to the reader. “I promise to tell these things to you.”

The novel explores Palmer’s life from age 12 to 17, when, as fans of “Twin Peaks” know, she is murdered, her death serving as the inciting incident for David Lynch‘s acclaimed series. These clips can be viewed as the first clues to the mystery, as well as a way to reintroduce fans to a world that has been gone for far too long.

Audible will release the audiobook on May 2, ahead of the long-awaited third season of “Twin Peaks,” which is set to premiere May 21 on Showtime. Listen to the clips below.

Edited by Jabberwocky

“Missing” Laura Palmer Posters All Over Sydney Lead To Phone Number With Mysterious Voicemail Greeting

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/missing-laura-palmer-posters-australia/

Last Sunday, Australian Twin Peaks fans began spotting Laura Palmer posters all over the streets of Sydney and its suburbs, including Green Square, Marrickville, Surry Hills and Leichhardt. The poster reads: “Missing – Have you seen this person? Laura Palmer disappeared 25 years ago.”

At the bottom, there’s a phone number in case you have “any information” regarding Laura Palmer. When you call 1300 816 776, you won’t get Lucy on the horn but you’ll hear the Twin Peaks theme followed by a backward message in a familiar voice. Soundcloud user ‘void as’ managed to record and reverse the audio.

You can leave a message after the beep, and some people have reported receiving callbacks and text messages after doing so!

It is happening again.
—The Giant

Obviously, Laura Palmer’s body was discovered before she was even reported missing, but the aim of this guerilla campaign is clearly to get people stoked on “The Return” of Twin Peaks using what’s arguably the show’s most iconic image. Laura Palmer’s homecoming queen portrait was also featured in Showtime’s most recent teaser and poster, but with sightings in Australia only —even before an official poster campaign in the U.S.— these are likely the work of Stan, the streaming company simulcasting the upcoming series starting May 22nd. Stan did not confirm or deny their involvement when Welcome to Twin Peaks reached out for comment. Instead, they clapped their hands once and started dancing.

Edited by Jabberwocky

• 2 weeks later...

Entertainment Weekly Reunites Twin Peaks: Cast Surrounds David Lynch In “The Last Supper” Covers

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/entertainment-weekly-twin-peaks-covers/

The March 31st issue of Entertainment Weekly promises to give Twin Peaks fans an “exclusive first look at the trippy revival” which is “not what it seems.” On its cover (in fact, make that three collectible covers), a tableau inspired by Leonardo Da Vinci’s The Last Supper.

Entertainment Weekly (EW) Twin Peaks covers, March 31, 2017

From left to right we see Wendy Robie (Nadine Hurley), Everett McGill (Big Ed Hurley), James Marshall (James Hurley), Sheryl Lee (Laura Palmer), David Lynch (Gordon Cole/director), Kyle MacLachlan (Dale Cooper), Sherilyn Fenn (Audrey Horne), Mädchen Amick (Shelly Johnson), Dana Ashbrook (Bobby Briggs), and Peggy Lipton (Norma Jennings).

But you must also pay attention to what’s on the table: an owl, a cup of coffee, a log, cherry pie, stacked doughnuts… and a blue rose!

What else strikes you?

Several original cast members who will appear in the new Twin Peaks are missing, like Kimmy Robertson (Lucy Moran), Michael Horse (Deputy Hawk) and Harry Goaz (Deputy Brennan). And 400 pages does sound rather low for an 18-part series.

The EW cover also mentions a TV special called EW Reunites: Twin Peaks, which will be streaming on their site. Stay tuned!

For those outside the United States, you may find copies of EW’s Twin Peaks issue on eBay.