Ben Affleck on Real Time: Islamaphobia

Dan H.

Well it does means my ancestors were not working class scum like yourself (should never have repealed the corn laws. Worst mistake by a British government) but landowners, vicarage parsons and officers.

Mine were landowners too actually, Grandad was a government tax collector, something to do with being a high caste or something. But me, yes, working class scum I'm afraid :lol:

The Indian civil service? Worked for the British? The higher caste elite. Gandhi, Nehru (who Lady Mountbatten was shagging), Jinna - all these people had elite 'British' educations.

I'm not sure to be honest, I suppose it'd have to be although Grandad certainly didn't have no education. Basically like everyone over there's a farmer and they have a bit of land, with the bigger folk having obviously more and like, the pick one bloke out of each area to collect the land tax from all the local peoples, usually someone well respected cuz they were less likely to get any stick.

I'd actually be really interested to know about British rule is specific relation to the area I'm from as it's really unclear, can't really find much about it online either. i mean it ain't gonna mention the villiage, it ain't even on any maps but i can find mention of the nearby town

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sehnsa

As for caste, the caste I'm from, so I'm told, were known specifically for fighting, stuff like that. A consequence of this is that they were often used as frontline fodder during the war(s).

Edited by Lennie Godber

This is the larger administrative unit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azad_Kashmir

Kashmir was a princely state. Basically, the Raj was divided into two types of administration, those under direct rule (, i.e. by the British) and those who were still ruled by the Indian princely caste. Provided the princely states gave up their tax and ran their state in a fashion remotely akin to Britain's idea of human rights, the princely states were largely left to their own devices. This is how the empire operated in fact. Empire on the cheap. Get the locals to run in for you.

I know Georgy, but they don't see 'Satan' (for them the Peacock Angel) as evil anymore. He is their main Angel to worship, cause in their religion he was forgiven. And that's why other religions see them as Devil Worshippers, allthough in their religion he is not a devil, but their most important angel.

Their religion is very interesting actually and very peacefull. You can't get a Yazidi, you are born as one.

It doesn't matter, born as a yazidi, you are most likely to die under the rule of ISIS. But they were hunted before already. They suffered for centuries.

they are also kurds, which are divided and have other religions (mostly islam) as well.

You probably already knew Georgy, I just wanted to write down some information.

My original point is that ISIL is killing more Muslims then they are with non-Muslims.

• Like 1