A Universe With God Vs. A Godless Universe

Ace Nova

How the fuck do you arrive at the Crusades figure (and some of the others) haha? I mean estimates about how much of Europe died as a consequence of the Black Death range from 30% to 80% haha.

I borrowed out my copy of Atrocitology yesterday so I can't really answer, but if I remember correctly from the methodology description in the book, in those cases where the historians disagree on death tolls for various genocides, the author would use conservative estimates to reduce the risk of exaggerating the deaths. For the Crusades this page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_and_anthropogenic_disasters_by_death_toll gives death toll estimated for the Crusades in a range from 1 mill to 3 mill, suggesting that for this particular event the author either had access to different numbers, the historians have changed their estimates since the book came out, or for unknown reasons he chose the higher estimate. But if I had the book this would be clearly explained for all events and I could give you his exact rationale for using 3 mill for the Crusades.