"It's so Easy and Other Lies" the movie

I've read about it a few days ago...

Would be fun to imagine who's gonna play which part...

I will probably be about his youth in Seattle, his drugs/Alcohol demons and his "resurrection". I don't expect more than 20 minutes about GnR.

His book was great, but if there is a movie to be made about GnR, I'd prefer something that starts with the genesis of the band (let's say Axl/Izzy/Duff calling Slash & Adler to form a band) and ends with the break-up.

That's just my opinion.

Isn't the biggest obstacle to a GNR movie be the music rights? It would have to have all members of the GNR partnership sign off on it, otherwise it would be a GNR movie without GNR music. I have a hard time believing that Axl, Duff, and Slash would agree to a script.

I suppose they could go another route and not use GNR music. It was done with Velvet Goldmine, the pseudo David Bowie biopic.

• Like 1

Is it going to be a documentary or a real movie ?

Yeah.

WHEW! I was confused there for a second!

I think it's gonna be more of a documentary if anything. :P

This is old news

It hasn't been talked about in a while though. Not surprised that a lot of people don't know about it.

I, for one, completely forgot it was happening. Nice surprise :)

• Like 1

He probably wants to get the documentaries into a handful of film festivals, then put it out on video.

It'll be interesting to see if he does a roadshow where he shows the film then performs after the movie, and try to sell some books.

That would be bad ass.

• 2 weeks later...