Morrissey has cancer.

Towelie

Heaven knows he's miserable now....

Morrissey says he has been treated for cancer four times but has no fear of death

Morrissey has undergone treatment for cancer, saying in a new interview: If I die, then I die.

The former Smiths frontman, 55, told Spanish newspaper El Mundo that he was not worried about his fate.

They have scraped cancerous tissue four times already, but, whatever, he said.

If I die, then I die. And if I dont, then I dont. Right now I feel good. I am aware that in recent photos of me I look somewhat unhealthy, but thats what illness can do.

Im not going to worry about it. Ill rest when Im dead.

The singer has not mentioned cancer in previous interviews, although he is known to have had some health problems in recent years and cancelled a number of concerts due to illness.

He said that he's had treatment for it before, not that he's got it now

Well he also said "if I die I die" and said he is looking thinner in recent pictures because of his illness, so I think it's safe to conclude from this that he isn't in remission yet.

Edited by Towelie

He said that he's had treatment for it before, not that he's got it now

Well he also said "if I die I die" and said he is looking thinner in recent pictures because of his illness, so I think it's safe to conclude from this that he isn't in remission yet.

Well not really, and the 'if i die i die' comment could just be relating to the obvious question that crops up when the big C is mentioned (no, not Dazey :lol:).

Either way i hope he's OK, it'll be a sad day when the mighty Moz passes.

Edited by Lennie Godber

Guess being a staunch vegetarian doesn't make you invincible after all eh, Morrissey?

Surely the fact that cancers had 4 goes and still ain't taken him makes a really good case for veg-driven invincibility :lol:

Or the fact that cancer has advanced on him 4 times.

Guess being a staunch vegetarian doesn't make you invincible after all eh, Morrissey?

Surely the fact that cancers had 4 goes and still ain't taken him makes a really good case for veg-driven invincibility :lol:

Or the fact that cancer has advanced on him 4 times.

Right, i'm off out for a steak!